Battle Stadium Dual screens landorus-t offense

Hello. I'm looking for suggestions on how I can polish up this team. I've had really good success with it so far but feel like it can become better. The main objective of the team is pretty obvious, get up screens with Regieleki and then go to work with Landorus, Zacian, or Nihilego.

Zacian @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Psychic Fangs
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

I chose Zacian simply because I love it and it's incredibly broken. It acts as the team's potential sweeper or cleaner because it's just devastating under screens. I opted to go for jolly over adamant just to have as much speed as possible since damage for Zacian-C is never much of a problem and it allows me to outspeed some mons I might encounter like a +1 adamant Landorus-t, timid Dragapult, and modest +1 G-Moltres. Play rough and iron head (behemoth sword) are the normal STABs, CC was chosen to push through things like Ferrothorn, Porygon-2, Kartana, and other bulky normals and steels. I originally had wild charge over psychic fangs so I could hit things such as Ho-Oh but I ended up running into none so I changed to psychic fangs so I could better deal with other dual screen teams. I'm also open to changing it to a move like quick attack, crunch, dig, SD, or an elemental fang if it betters the team.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Counter

Quagsire was chosen to help against opposing Landorus-t, Zacian-C, Cinderace, Mimikyu and just physical set up mons in general. Counter is there to do a big chunk of damage to those Pokemon as it nearly OHKOs off of a Zacian play rough (and is a guaranteed OHKO to 252 atk and 252 speed adamant Zacian). Scald is there to just whittle and potentially cripple Pokemon like Hippo and to mostly fish for a burn so the others can handle them as well. EQ is the primary STAB to hit steel types harder than scald. I'm debating on changing either of these moves to toxic to put annoying Pokemon like Porygon-2 and Chansey on a timer.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fly
- Swords Dance

Landorus is the star of the team. He's a soft check to previously mentioned physical attackers, and like Zacian-C, is incredible with screens up and he dynamaxes. SD is there for bulkier teams where I know I can get it off before I dmax and go for airstreams, stone edge is to get rid of things like Ho-Oh, Zapdos, Thundurus, Tornadus, ice types like Lapras, and to bring sand to break potential sashes. I went for jolly over adamant to ensure I always outspeed Zacian-C, Calyrex, unboosted Peromosa, and scarf Kyogre at +1. Life orb is for the added damage boost to make up for the jolly nature and for matchups where going for SD isn't as needed.

Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 108 HP / 4 Atk / 68 Def / 228 SpA / 80 SpD / 20 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Explosion
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Regieleki is what makes the team go. The EV spread is a little different because I didn't have the resources to get it's HP IV to 31, but otherwise the spread is fairly normal, the defenses make Porygon never get the spatk download boost, 20 speed EVs allow me to outspeed scarf jolly Urshifu. Light clay is to get the maximum amount of turns for dual screens. Volt switch is to gain momentum and do a good chunk of damage at the same time. Explosion allows me to get chip damage off on things like Hippo or to hit dynamax mons without allowing them to get their move's effect.

Zapdos @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Roost

I feel Zapdos is one of the more expendable members of the team as it fills almost the same role as Quagsire but is able to check Kartana, flying types and fighting types better. Volt switch is for STAB and momentum, heat wave is too hit Zacian-C, Drill, Ferrothorn, Kart, etc., hurricane for a strong STAB max move that allows me to outspeed jolly Cinderace at +1. I'm debating on replacing a move for eerie impulse to better combat special attackers.

Nihilego @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 176 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave

The other Pokemon I feel is a little more expendable. Nihilego was chosen because I felt I needed a stronger special attacker with good coverage and speed and something that has good spdef to eat special attacks pretty well with screens up. The spread is so it gets the speed boost after a kill. Meteor beam with power herb is pretty self-explanatory, very strong STAB move that gets me a +1 spatk and OHKOs Thundurus, Landorus-t, and Ho-Oh while doing massive damage to Gmax Lapras and it combined with tbolt 2HKOs Lugia. Grass knot hits Pokemon like Quag, Kyogre (can potentially OHKO scarf Kyogre when dmax'd at +1 spatk while surviving origin pulse 100% of the time and a full HP water spout 75% of the time), Hippo, Ttar, and Groudon really hard. Tbolt I feel could be changed for psyshock since I already have Regieleki and Zapdos to deal with things like Celesteela. Sludge Wave is just secondary STAB that allows me to boost my spatk when dmax'd and to hit fairies really hard.

I'm really liking this team as it's been very effective so any input and advice on how I can tweak it to make it better is greatly appreciated.

All I can see at first glance is Sitrus>Wiki on Zapdos(and most everything.) The 25% activation is too risky for only a small amount of extra healing, and on something w/ Roost. And the Nihilego EVs should be 172 SpA(same stat,) then 4 more HP.

All I can see at first glance is Sitrus>Wiki on Zapdos(and most everything.) The 25% activation is too risky for only a small amount of extra healing, and on something w/ Roost. And the Nihilego EVs should be 172 SpA(same stat,) then 4 more HP.
That's interesting, I never knew that about the wiki berry. Alright, I'll make those changes. Not surprised I accidentally messed up the Nihilego's EVs. I had to change them all around on my switch

Yes, it's what I've been told about the pinch berries, that they're too risky this gen. They were good last gen but took a healing nerf from 50%(!) to 33%.

The rule for EVs at lvl 50, assuming a 31 IV, is divisible by 4 but not 8.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)