move 2: Rapid Spin
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Rock Slide
item: Eviolite
ability: Mold Breaker
nature: Jolly
evs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Drilbur finds a niche in LC thanks to Mold Breaker, which lets it set Stealth Rock against Magic Bounce Natu. Drilbur also has a solid typing, which lets it switch into Koffing and threaten Pawniard, and it is one of the few viable spinners in LC. Rock Slide hits Flying-types in Natu and Archen. Fire- and Flying-types such as Ponyta and Archen benefit from Rapid Spin. Fighting-types enjoy Drilbur's ability to deal with Koffing, and special attackers such as Porygon and Abra enjoy its ability to chip Ferroseed. Koffing checks Grookey, which Drilbur cannot deal with. Drilbur's excellent role compression can also allow more offensive sets on Pokemon such as Pawniard and Staryu.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Shandeur, 580548]]
- Quality checked by: [[Fiend, 208173], [DC, 449990]]
- Grammar checked by: [[DC, 449990]]

Last edited:
Reactions: DC
Amcheck

add
remove
comment

View attachment 440488
[SET]
name: Fast Utility
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 3: Earthquake / High Horsepower
move 4: Rock Slide / Poison Jab
(checked the calcs just to make sure, but Drilbur lives Mienfoo Fake out into HJK. Felt I should check in case you want to lead this to get a guaranteed rocks up)

[SET COMMENTS]

Drilbur's access to Mold Breaker and Stealth Rock allows it to carve itself a niche in LC as a hazard-setter which bypasses Natu's Magic Bounce. It is also able to Rapid Spin, providing excellent hazard control for both sides of the field. With a good attack stat, Drilbur is also able to threaten common stealth rockers, such as Pawniard. Stealth Rock is unpreventable because of Mold Breaker, giving good chip on the enemy team. and Rapid Spin are a given here; It's what Drilbur does best removes hazards while providing a speed boost, making Drilbur an extremely hard threat to deal with if its running rock and ground coverage(I felt like a bit more of an explanation helped, but its a bit redundant for me to say it over again when the first few sentences already say it, so take that as you will). Earthquake is for STAB, but High Horsepower can be used on teams with Grookey. The last slot is for Rock Slide or Poison Jab, hitting Flying types in Natu and Archen (Natu can kind of sit on Drilbur if it doesn't have Rock Slide, as it can roost off damage and hit back with Psychic, also wanted to give flying type mons) and Grookey respectively. Drilbur's role as hazard setter and remover is appreciated by pokemon that are rock weak, such as Ponyta and Natu. Pokemon that generally want to stay at high health such as Life Orb users, such as Grookey and Carvanha (They're already on a clock due to LO recoil and keeping them healthy means more attacks) or Porygon appreciate hazard removal too. Poison types such as Koffing make great partners, as they can check Grass types, which Drilbur cannot deal with outside of Poison Jab. Pokemon that attack shared checks to Drilbur, such as Staryu weakening Ferroseed, can make great partners offensively. Using rocks and spin, it can allow more freedom in movesets of Pokemon such as Staryu and Pawniard. (Freedom for Staryu and Pawniard's movesets isn't something i thought of, but is a significant impact on the teambuilder. Very good point.)

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [Shandeur, 580548]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]

Amcheck

add
remove
comment

View attachment 440488
[SET]
move 3: Earthquake / High Horsepower
move 4: Rock Slide / Poison Jab
(checked the calcs just to make sure, but Drilbur lives Mienfoo Fake out into HJK. Felt I should check in case you want to lead this to get a guaranteed rocks up)

[SET COMMENTS]

Drilbur's access to Mold Breaker and Stealth Rock allows it to carve itself a niche in LC as a hazard-setter which bypasses Natu's Magic Bounce. It is also able to Rapid Spin, providing excellent hazard control for both sides of the field. With a good attack stat, Drilbur is also able to threaten common stealth rockers, such as Pawniard. Stealth Rock is unpreventable because of Mold Breaker, giving good chip on the enemy team. and Rapid Spin are a given here; It's what Drilbur does best removes hazards while providing a speed boost, making Drilbur an extremely hard threat to deal with if its running rock and ground coverage(I felt like a bit more of an explanation helped, but its a bit redundant for me to say it over again when the first few sentences already say it, so take that as you will). Earthquake is for STAB, but High Horsepower can be used on teams with Grookey. The last slot is for Rock Slide or Poison Jab, hitting Flying types in Natu and Archen (Natu can kind of sit on Drilbur if it doesn't have Rock Slide, as it can roost off damage and hit back with Psychic, also wanted to give flying type mons) and Grookey respectively. Drilbur's role as hazard setter and remover is appreciated by pokemon that are rock weak, such as Ponyta and Natu. Pokemon that generally want to stay at high health such as Life Orb users, such as Grookey and Carvanha (They're already on a clock due to LO recoil and keeping them healthy means more attacks) or Porygon appreciate hazard removal too. Poison types such as Koffing make great partners, as they can check Grass types, which Drilbur cannot deal with outside of Poison Jab. Pokemon that attack shared checks to Drilbur, such as Staryu weakening Ferroseed, can make great partners offensively. Using rocks and spin, it can allow more freedom in movesets of Pokemon such as Staryu and Pawniard. (Freedom for Staryu and Pawniard's movesets isn't something i thought of, but is a significant impact on the teambuilder. Very good point.)

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [Shandeur, 580548]
The edits have been implemented.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
remove HH and all mentions of it
  • It is also able to Rapid Spin, providing excellent hazard control for both sides of the field. I don't like this phrasing. It might be fine as is, but a more direct 'eliminating hazards and setting Stealth Rock for its team' would be better.
  • Stealth Rock is unpreventable because of Mold Breaker, This is not true. It is not prevented by Magic Bounce. You don't need to state this twice. and gets chip on the enemy team. Over Explain.
  • Rapid Spin provides valuable hazards removal and a speed boost. Over Explain and restating.
  • Earthquake is for STAB, but High Horsepower can be used on teams with Grookey. Over Explain. You don't need to explain why you have a STAB.
  • The last slot is for Rock Slide, hitting Flying types in Natu and Archen. Rephrase. Transitions are good when they help. This doesn't add anything though.
  • Drilbur's role as hazard setter and This doesn't really apply to the rest of the sentence. remover is appreciated by pokemon (capitalize) that are rock weak I think we are meant to say 'weak to Rock' but I don't really know, such as Ponyta and Natu. Pokemon that generally want to stay at high health such as Life Orb users, such as Grookey or Carvanh or Porygon appreciate hazard removal too. uh, yeah i guess. Carv is a somewhat dubious rec. Replace with Archen. Rephrase these two sentences. I would recommend making this more broadly about offensive mons that want Rocks up but like spin support. i.e. ponyta, archen, maybe vulpix.
  • Pokemon that attack shared checks to Drilbur, such as Staryu weakening Ferroseed, can make great partners offensively. I don't really think this is necessary. Read the analysis back and remove it if you agree.

Please implement the above check in the hidetag. I will check it after.

Reactions: DC
remove HH and all mentions of it
  • It is also able to Rapid Spin, providing excellent hazard control for both sides of the field. I don't like this phrasing. It might be fine as is, but a more direct 'eliminating hazards and setting Stealth Rock for its team' would be better.
  • Stealth Rock is unpreventable because of Mold Breaker, This is not true. It is not prevented by Magic Bounce. You don't need to state this twice. and gets chip on the enemy team. Over Explain.
  • Rapid Spin provides valuable hazards removal and a speed boost. Over Explain and restating.
  • Earthquake is for STAB, but High Horsepower can be used on teams with Grookey. Over Explain. You don't need to explain why you have a STAB.
  • The last slot is for Rock Slide, hitting Flying types in Natu and Archen. Rephrase. Transitions are good when they help. This doesn't add anything though.
  • Drilbur's role as hazard setter and This doesn't really apply to the rest of the sentence. remover is appreciated by pokemon (capitalize) that are rock weak I think we are meant to say 'weak to Rock' but I don't really know, such as Ponyta and Natu. Pokemon that generally want to stay at high health such as Life Orb users, such as Grookey or Carvanh or Porygon appreciate hazard removal too. uh, yeah i guess. Carv is a somewhat dubious rec. Replace with Archen. Rephrase these two sentences. I would recommend making this more broadly about offensive mons that want Rocks up but like spin support. i.e. ponyta, archen, maybe vulpix.
  • Pokemon that attack shared checks to Drilbur, such as Staryu weakening Ferroseed, can make great partners offensively. I don't really think this is necessary. Read the analysis back and remove it if you agree.
Please implement the above check in the hidetag. I will check it after.
The changes have been implemented. I'm not exactly how to rephrase the two sentences about good partners, but let me know if it's fine or not.

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove Add Comments
View attachment 440488
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Drilbur's access to Mold Breaker and Stealth Rock allows it to carve itself a niche in LC as a hazard-setter which bypasses Natu's Magic Bounce. It is also able to Rapid Spin, eliminating hazards and setting Stealth Rock for its team. With a good attack stat, Drilbur is also able to threaten common stealth rockers, such as Pawniard. Drilbur finds a niche in LC thanks to Mold Breaker, which lets it set Stealth Rock against Magic Bounce Natu. Drilbur also has a solid typing, which lets it switch into Koffing and threaten Pawniard, and is one of the few viable spinners in LC. Rock Slide hits Flying types in Natu and Archen. Drilbur's role as a hazard remover is appreciated by Pokemon that are weak to rock, such as Ponyta and Natu. Offensive Pokemon that generally want to stay at high health and have rocks on the opposing side such as Archen and Vulpix are great partners as well. (This is a bit generic and vague. I think the first bit about Fire- and Poison-types benefitting from Rapid Spin is fine, but would also add stuff like Fighting-types that benefit from it handling Poison-types and Porygon and Psychic-types that benefit from it chipping down Ferroseed and Pawniard.) Poison types such as Koffing make great partners, as they can check Grass types, which Drilbur cannot deal with. (Pretty sure this is just Koffing + add examples of Grass-types) Using rocks and spin, it can allow more freedom in movesets of Pokemon such as Staryu and Pawniard. (Reword it to mention how Drilbur's role compression allows partners like Staryu and Pawniard to run more offensive sets)

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Shandeur, 580548]] - Add brackets
Tag me on discord after you have implemented this. Also refer to the GP standards to fix the errors that I mentioned on discord. Some things to note are "Flying-types instead of Flying types", writing out Stealth Rock fully, and not using Rapid Spin as a verb.

EDIT: QC 1/1. [DC, 449990]

Last edited:
Remove Add Comments
View attachment 440488
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Drilbur's access to Mold Breaker and Stealth Rock allows it to carve itself a niche in LC as a hazard-setter which bypasses Natu's Magic Bounce. It is also able to Rapid Spin, eliminating hazards and setting Stealth Rock for its team. With a good attack stat, Drilbur is also able to threaten common stealth rockers, such as Pawniard. Drilbur finds a niche in LC thanks to Mold Breaker, which lets it set Stealth Rock against Magic Bounce Natu. Drilbur also has a solid typing, which lets it switch into Koffing and threaten Pawniard, and is one of the few viable spinners in LC. Rock Slide hits Flying types in Natu and Archen. Drilbur's role as a hazard remover is appreciated by Pokemon that are weak to rock, such as Ponyta and Natu. Offensive Pokemon that generally want to stay at high health and have rocks on the opposing side such as Archen and Vulpix are great partners as well. (This is a bit generic and vague. I think the first bit about Fire- and Poison-types benefitting from Rapid Spin is fine, but would also add stuff like Fighting-types that benefit from it handling Poison-types and Porygon and Psychic-types that benefit from it chipping down Ferroseed and Pawniard.) Poison types such as Koffing make great partners, as they can check Grass types, which Drilbur cannot deal with. (Pretty sure this is just Koffing + add examples of Grass-types) Using rocks and spin, it can allow more freedom in movesets of Pokemon such as Staryu and Pawniard. (Reword it to mention how Drilbur's role compression allows partners like Staryu and Pawniard to run more offensive sets)

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Shandeur, 580548]] - Add brackets
Tag me on discord after you have implemented this. Also refer to the GP standards to fix the errors that I mentioned on discord. Some things to note are "Flying-types instead of Flying types", writing out Stealth Rock fully, and not using Rapid Spin as a verb.
Implemented.

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove Add Comments
AC = Add Comma, RC = Remove Comma, AH = Add Hyphen, RH = Remove Hyphen

View attachment 440488
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Drilbur finds a niche in LC thanks to Mold Breaker, which lets it set Stealth Rock against Magic Bounce Natu. Drilbur also has a solid typing, which lets it switch into Koffing and threaten Pawniard, and it is one of the few viable spinners in LC. Rock Slide hits Flying-types in Natu and Archen. Fire- and Flying-types such as Ponyta and Archen benefit from Rapid Spin. Fighting-types enjoy Drilbur's ability to deal with Koffing, and special attackers such as Porygon and Abra enjoy its ability to chip Ferroseed. Koffing makes a great partner,(RC) as it's able to checks Grookey, which Drilbur cannot deal with. Drilbur's excellent role compression can also allow more offensive sets on Pokemon such as Pawniard and Staryu.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Shandeur, 580548]]
- Quality checked by: [[Fiend, 208173]], [[DC, 44999]] [[Fiend, 208173], [DC, 449990]]
GP 1/1. [DC, 449990] GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)