Dreadful Death

Team Overview

Strategy Overview
The main point is to get rid of all of Lucario's counter's then sweep while their team is weakened by the sandstorm toxic and other various things. Thus this team goal is to stall until all I see a weak point and take full advantage of it.

In Depth

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
-Earthquake
-Roar
-Stealth Rock
-Slack Off

Very standard I use it to set up sandstorm and stealth rocks which will slowly drain my opponents pokemon. It also breaks focus sashes which is a huge plus. Roar incase someone is trying to set-up, and he is a great salamence (mix and physical not specs) counter and allows takes down tyranitar. Finally he is also physical wall.

---

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
-Sleep powder
-Leech seed
-Power Whip
-Knock Off

My second physical wall. It knocks off any pokemon's item so now every pokemon (except those who are unaffected by sandstorm) will take damage very helpful for pokemon how have leftovers. leech seed is my way of regaining health whilst draining the opponents pokemon more and more. Sleep powder usually on switches or on anything where i can get a switch in and set up with Lucario. Finally Power Whip to give it a STAB move and an attack incase its taunted.

---

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs:188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
-Surf
-Wish
-Toxic
-Protect

My mixape counter and physically wall (3rd). Surf is for STAB and does a good amount. Wish is for healing everyone and itself (Wish and Protect combo duh). Toxic to slowly kill the opponent which has good synergy with the sandstorm and Tangrowth knocking off the opponents items. Finally protect is for scouting, making the opponent suffer another turn of poison, or to make sure you do not take anymore damage when you use wish.

---

Porygon Z @ Choice scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
-Hidden Power (Ground)
-Tri-Attack
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

My revenge killer (and my favorite pokemon).I chose Hidden power (Ground) over Hidden Power (Fighting) so i could kill scarfed heatran easily and effectively. Tri-Attack for STAB and its already a powerful move backed up by an amazing special attack stat. Thunderbolt for gyrados and any other water/flying pokemon. Ice beam for salamence,gliscor, and flygon and anything else weak to it.

---

Spiritomb @Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Careful (+SDef, -SAtk)
-Taunt
-Sucker Punch
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp

Special wall. Taunt for the not letting my opponent set up on me and can possible screw over his whole move pool (example jumpluff). Sucker Punch goes well with taunt because it forces the opponent to attack and it gives spiritomb STAB and priority. Pain Split is a way to heal myself and hurt my opponent. Will-O-Wisp for hurting my opponent and making my opponent's physical sweepers become useless.

---

Lucario @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball/Hidden Power (Ice)
-Substitute
-Calm Mind

The Pokemon this team was built around. Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball hit everything for neutral whilst aura sphere and Hidden Power (Ice) hits salamence,gliscor,and flygon for supper effective. Substitute so i have a safe place to calm mind. calm mind to destroy everything (including blissey) in my way).

Threat Lists Later

Due to it's low HP, I wouldn't really consider spiritomb to be a special wall. Overall, your team looks like it's pretty specially weak, bar spiritomb, which probably won't last long.

i've never used it but is cm luke really that good at sweeping? it's speed isn't very good for a sweeper and even after a calm mind it can't take special hits that well. SD Luke is probably far superior even considering how well prepared people are for him

haunter

Banned deucer.
Hello,

at a first look your team seems very weak to Zapdos, none of your pokemons can switch into it without risking a 1-2hko. I'd honestly replace Tangrowth, because you're quite covered against both Tyranitar (Hippowdon) and Gyarados (Vaporeon), with a life orb Latias:

Latias@life orb
nature: timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-draco meteor / dragon pulse
-thunderbolt / hidden power [fire]
-surf
-recover

Latias can switch into Zapdos quite easily, barring status moves, as hidden power [ice] doesn't even 2hko, and force it out or usually 2hko it with its stab moves. It would also provide a second check for Infernape (especially the SD variant, which may give you problems).

If you opt for this change, then give Vaporeon hidden power [electric] to counter Gyarados effectively.

My second suggestion would be to replace P-Z, but since it's your favourite pokemon, keep it, just switch to a timid nature, so you can outspeed and revenge kill +1 adamant Flygon (scarf) and Salamence (DD), which seem both quite threatening for this team.

Lastly, I'd suggest to run the standard SD Lucario as your set-up sweeper: almost everything calm mind Luke does, SD Luke can do better, so:

Lucario@life orb
nature: adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-swords dance
-close combat
-crunch
-extremespeed

the only pokemon which you're hitting harder with calm mind Lucario is probably Hippowdon. And if you find the time to set up a calm mind, then you can easily set up a SD too.

This team seems also quite weak to stall, SD Lucario can of course help, but a well played stall team will still give you troubles.

Good luck with your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)