XY OU DragMag's Not Dead: An XY OU RMT

This was a team I took on to the OLT during this past cycle, and though my attempt to make the top 8 was unsuccessful, I had fun with the team and had some decent results with it.

With the introduction of Fairy types, which are completely immune to Dragon type moves, it was once feared that Dragon type offense would be gone forever. Not so. Dragons are more than capable of dealing with this new threat, either on their own or with a little help from their friends. With that in mind, I present to you my XY DragMag team.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I decided to focus on the mag first. Magnezone's claim to fame, and the source of DragMag in the first place, is Magnet Pull, which traps and removes Steel types, the only Pokemon (prior to Gen 6) that resisted Dragon type moves. Hidden Power Fire is the move of choice to get rid of those pesky Steel types. As a bonus, Magnezone's own Steel STAB is super effective against Fairy types, although it can't trap them. The moves are what you'd expect. The EV spread is a bit different; I chose to use 184 Speed EV's to out run 40 Speed Heatran by one point, factoring in HP Fire. While trapping Heatran does Magnezone no good, I run enough to outrun it so I can Volt Switch out without taking a Lava Plume to the face. Interestingly, 72 HP EVs gives Magnezone a Life Orb number, so I could, in theory, run one and still preserve some power while being able to switch moves.

Gothitelle (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick

The choice of Gothitelle as a second trapper is twofold. First, having Magneton in addition to Magnezone compounds their shared weaknesses. Second, Gothitelle can trap threats that the mags can't, such as Fairy types not named Klefki, Mega Venusaur, Chansey, and others. Since Heatran is otherwise troublesome, especially if it has Air Balloon, this Gothitelle is running HP Ground. The other moves are fairly standard. Since Trick requires transfer from Gen 5, Gothitelle is male so I can mess with Chansey even more by running Attract comply with legality issues.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Now I move on to the dragons. I wanted to keep the theme while also providing some clericing and hazard control. Latias was the perfect answer to this need, having access to Defog and Healing Wish, and being an effective user of both. Note also the presence of HP Fighting. What's something that can switch in on Defog with impunity and threaten my team from there? Bisharp, of course. And Bisharp likes to come in on Latias for that reason, in addition to resisting both of her STABs. But switch in on HP Fighting, and Bisharp will trouble this team no more. She can't deal with Ferrothorn effectively, but that's a minor trade-off. The spread maxes out her Speed (HP Fighting notwithstanding) and gives her decent bulk with a Life Orb number as well as enough power to give Draco Meteor some bite to it.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Every team deserves at least one wincon, and Scarf Garchomp serves as one on this team. The main thing it will be doing is tearing things apart with Outrage once the things that can take it are gone. Part of the reason Outrage has been so common is that few things can handle it and fewer still can switch in.
It's even its best way of doing damage against Landorus-T, although it still appreciates having it gone. The other moves are less used, but still have their uses. Earthquake and Fire Blast are the best ways of getting around Heatran and Ferrothorn/Skarmory, respectively, should the trappers get taken out. Stone Edge is the least common of all, mainly directed at things I need gone but can't or don't want to lock myself into Outrage for, such as weakened Landorus-I or -T, Mandibuzz, and the rare, but troublesome for Garchomp, Togekiss.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Mega Charizard X is wincon #2. I opted to use the bulky Dragon Dance setup so I could have power and survivability, both things that are nice for a wincon to have, especially one that's a setup sweeper. I use Flare Blitz as the main nuke; even without any boosts, it can decimate anything not named Heatran, even 2HKOing Azumarill without Leftovers or Sitrus Berry, but it deals lots of recoil. Roost is on this set for that reason, as well as healing off any other damage, especially from Stealth Rock, that it might take. Dragon Claw rounds out the set as another spammable move, but without recoil. For obvious reasons, this set needs Heatran removed before attempting a sweep, and appreciates Chansey, Azumarill, Mandibuzz, and Stealth Rock gone as well. Fortunately, any good team will have answers to them, and this one is no different.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw

It took me a while to decide what the last mon on my team would be. Eventually, I figured out that my team would need something that could deal consistent damage to many things, especially on the special side, as the trappers and Latias cannot do it on their own. Enter Kyurem-B, which has the tools to do just that. Even though I have Dragon Claw, and keep with the theme, I rarely find a need to use it. Instead, it's Ice Beam and the coverage moves that get the most use. Ice Beam is even capable of OHKOing Mega Venusaur without any prior damage, due to Teravolt bypassing Thick Fat. Earth Power is mainly directed at Heatran, while Fusion Bolt is a respectable way of getting rid of Skarmory and Azumarill. The EV spread is fairly standard for mixed Kyurem-B, and I chose a Rash nature to take (the mostly physical in OU) priority better while still preserving power and speed.

So that is how I play DragMag in XY. While this team has proven effective, it is still not perfect, and I would appreciate any suggestions you guys have. Thanks in advance. And remember, DragMag's not dead.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gothitelle (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
Modest Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw

Specs=>LO on Magnezone
something (probably Dragon Claw)=>Iron Head on Kyurem-B
Whatever other coverage moves

Mega Gardevoir: Probably the biggest threat because of all the dragons. In particular, Garchomp fails to get the OHKO on it with EQ. Could run Iron Head somewhere if needed.

Mega Medicham: Similar boat, except I can actually Outrage on it. It's still only a 1 in 8 chance to OHKO with Chomp, though, and HJK OHKOes in return, but I'll usually make it kill itself due to Rough Skin.

Landorus-T: While Kyurem-B can OHKO him and Gothitelle can Trick his Specs on, he tends to U-turn a lot, and since I don't run SR, he doesn't take chip damage. Also, Intimidate is a royal pain.

Bisharp: I mentioned it in the Latias description. Sucker Punch is a pain to take even without any boosts, and Sucker Punch can screw up a sweep. Magnezone can trap it and OHKO, but it's slower and Bisharp OHKOes with +2 Knock Off.

Mandibuzz: Main issue here is her sheer bulk. I remember losing +1 Charizard to Foul Play (granted, not from full HP, but still). Again, lack of SR hurts me here. Best bet is probably Gothitelle, because Thunderbolt 2HKOes, but he takes at least a third from Foul Play, or could get toxiced or phazed.

Last edited:
I knew I was forgetting something.

In all seriousness, I wish I had saved some, but for the most part, I did fairly well against viable teams.

Also, I forgot to put in a threatlist in the OP, so I'll be editing it in. Done, and mainly focused on the things that give my team the most trouble.

Last edited:
dragmag is actually a very reliable playstyle atm, that being said this team could use some fixing up

first thing's first, you have no stealth rocks. for a team of this variety, SR support is almost mandatory to its success. I'll get back on this later, moving on for now...

specs mag is no longer zone's best set, yes it is stupidly strong but you're pretty much limited to trapping skarmory, scizor, and ferrothorn, while being next to useless against everything else since it's slow as hell and easily revenged. however this is easy to fix...

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

you still trap and kill 100% of the stuff specs does, but scarfzone allows you to switch in on ferocious attacks like adamant CB Talonflame's Brave Bird and Mega Pinsir's +2 return, outspeed, and OHKO w/ Thunderbolt/Volt Switch. Keep the IVs the same if you want, doesn't really make much of a difference.

that's the minor change, which you shouldn't have much of an issue with. here's some more major changes that you might be hesistant to, but I strongly encourage.

First up is Gothitelle. Goth is pretty garbage, yes it stallbreaks but it's total dead weight against offense, which you reallllly don't want on anything other than a dedicated stall team that gives zero shits about offense to begin with. However, you do have the right idea in packing a stallbreaker, so I'll try to make this change as painless as possible for you:

Gothitelle --> Mega Gardevoir

I know some people tend to be a little unhappy about changing their megas, but here's the thing: On this dragmag team, your mega happens to be the one dragon out there that does not need Magnezone to wreck steels, so that's kind of redundant. Moving on to why it's replacing Goth, Mega Gard has much more to offer: It's much faster, much, MUCH stronger, bulkier, and has a better typing. The only downside is it does not trap, but Gardevoir obliterates stall so well that it makes almost no difference in the long run whatsoever, and it's not total dead weight against offensive teams either. On top of this, it allows you to free up your Latias' movepoolPlus, Gard + Magnezone have excellent synergy, Mag removing Scizor and Ferro, both mons that plague Gard, and Gardevoir kills off mons that Mag can't handle like Tyranitar, Chansey, Venu, Quag, etc etc... anyway here's the set:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Moving on to Latias... HP Fighting is viable, yeah, but really suboptimal. Your team is Bisharp weak but there's better ways of dealing with it than that with your other members. Better ev spread and movepool for your team... evs to avoid the 2hko from lo thundurus' hp ice, let's you ohko lando after SR... as for the 3rd moveslot, as you can see I put a fuckton o' options bc it really depends on what you feel you need coverage against, Venu, Azumarill/Skarmory, Heatran, Hippowdon, Tyranitar, etc... it's up to you

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock/Thunderbolt/Earthquake/Surf
- Healing Wish

I've got several more suggestions/changes/ideas for your squad, as it looks promising, but I'd like to know what your thoughts are before going on (I do have solutions to the Bisharp weakness if you're getting concerned about that, as I might be atm)... lemme know how you feelin'

dragmag is actually a very reliable playstyle atm, that being said this team could use some fixing up

first thing's first, you have no stealth rocks. for a team of this variety, SR support is almost mandatory to its success. I'll get back on this later, moving on for now...

specs mag is no longer zone's best set, yes it is stupidly strong but you're pretty much limited to trapping skarmory, scizor, and ferrothorn, while being next to useless against everything else since it's slow as hell and easily revenged. however this is easy to fix...

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

you still trap and kill 100% of the stuff specs does, but scarfzone allows you to switch in on ferocious attacks like adamant CB Talonflame's Brave Bird and Mega Pinsir's +2 return, outspeed, and OHKO w/ Thunderbolt/Volt Switch. Keep the IVs the same if you want, doesn't really make much of a difference.

that's the minor change, which you shouldn't have much of an issue with. here's some more major changes that you might be hesistant to, but I strongly encourage.

First up is Gothitelle. Goth is pretty garbage, yes it stallbreaks but it's total dead weight against offense, which you reallllly don't want on anything other than a dedicated stall team that gives zero shits about offense to begin with. However, you do have the right idea in packing a stallbreaker, so I'll try to make this change as painless as possible for you:

Gothitelle --> Mega Gardevoir

I know some people tend to be a little unhappy about changing their megas, but here's the thing: On this dragmag team, your mega happens to be the one dragon out there that does not need Magnezone to wreck steels, so that's kind of redundant. Moving on to why it's replacing Goth, Mega Gard has much more to offer: It's much faster, much, MUCH stronger, bulkier, and has a better typing. The only downside is it does not trap, but Gardevoir obliterates stall so well that it makes almost no difference in the long run whatsoever, and it's not total dead weight against offensive teams either. On top of this, it allows you to free up your Latias' movepoolPlus, Gard + Magnezone have excellent synergy, Mag removing Scizor and Ferro, both mons that plague Gard, and Gardevoir kills off mons that Mag can't handle like Tyranitar, Chansey, Venu, Quag, etc etc... anyway here's the set:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Moving on to Latias... HP Fighting is viable, yeah, but really suboptimal. Your team is Bisharp weak but there's better ways of dealing with it than that with your other members. Better ev spread and movepool for your team... evs to avoid the 2hko from lo thundurus' hp ice, let's you ohko lando after SR... as for the 3rd moveslot, as you can see I put a fuckton o' options bc it really depends on what you feel you need coverage against, Venu, Azumarill/Skarmory, Heatran, Hippowdon, Tyranitar, etc... it's up to you

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock/Thunderbolt/Earthquake/Surf
- Healing Wish

I've got several more suggestions/changes/ideas for your squad, as it looks promising, but I'd like to know what your thoughts are before going on (I do have solutions to the Bisharp weakness if you're getting concerned about that, as I might be atm)... lemme know how you feelin'
Okay, I see where you are going, and I have gotten suggestions for Scarf Zone. But if I were to put Megavoir in, what do you suggest I replace Charizard with? If it breaks the theme, whatever.

Edit: Speaking of Bisharp, Scarf Zone speed ties if Sharp is Adamant (damn you HP Fire lowering speed IV), but it can't OHKO. Make of that what you will.

Edit 2: On the topic of Gothitelle, I also thought of Mew as a potential replacement if I really wanted to stallbreak, and I wouldn't have to change my mega.

Last edited:
Okay, I see where you are going, and I have gotten suggestions for Scarf Zone. But if I were to put Megavoir in, what do you suggest I replace Charizard with? If it breaks the theme, whatever.

Edit: Speaking of Bisharp, Scarf Zone speed ties if Sharp is Adamant (damn you HP Fire lowering speed IV), but it can't OHKO. Make of that what you will.

Edit 2: On the topic of Gothitelle, I also thought of Mew as a choice if I really wanted to stallbreak, and I wouldn't have to change my mega.
You could do mew, but since this seems to be a highly offensive team I would be very adverse to it. Also scarfzone is way faster than bisharp so I'm kind of confused there... Anyway, here's my two options (in order of recommendation):

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald/Icy Wind
- Hidden Power Flying/Hidden Power Electric

Keld is a great addition as it can easily toss bisharp and destroys heatran for you which is invaluable... the movepool depends on where you wanna go w/ Latias, if Lati has Psyshock, keep HP Electric, if Tbolt, go with HP Flying,,, anyway really strong option for this squad.

next is kind of meh by comparison for this team, but it does have its pluses:

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

I wouldn't recommend this one as much as it makes you more heatran weak, but lets you better handle Azumarill and Suicune and the like as well as providing Sleep support, which is always a plus. Requires more support in and of itself to keep its sash intact, though.

anyway those are my replacements for zard x and your bisharp solutions.

I'm short on time but I'll offer more later...

Last edited:
You could do mew, but since this seems to be a highly offensive team I would be very adverse to it. Also scarfzone is way faster than bisharp so I'm kind of confused there... Anyway, here's my two options (in order of recommendation):

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald/Icy Wind
- Hidden Power Flying/Hidden Power Electric

Keld is a great addition as it can easily toss bisharp and destroys heatran for you which is invaluable... the movepool depends on where you wanna go w/ Latias, if Lati has Psyshock, keep HP Electric, if Tbolt, go with HP Flying,,, anyway really strong option for this squad.

next is kind of meh by comparison for this team, but it does have its pluses:

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

I wouldn't recommend this one as much as it makes you more heatran weak, but lets you better handle Azumarill and Suicune and the like as well as providing Sleep support, which is always a plus. Requires more support in and of itself to keep its sash intact, though.

anyway those are my replacements for zard x and your bisharp solutions.

I'm short on time but I'll offer more later...
Okay, I'll give a couple of replacements a whirl and try them. I'll see if I can compare Mew>Goth with Gardy>Goth and Pony>Zard.

Also, the ScarfZone comment was me forgetting about the scarf. The speed tie might come into play if the scarf gets knocked off or tricked away, though.

The Mew set I'm trying is:

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off

Also, Magnezone is getting a scarf, and I'm changing the spread on Latias to what you suggested, but keeping HP Fighting for now.

Last edited:
yeah, go ahead and test it out, it is your team, after all, but here's my final thoughts:

Garchomp - Nature and EVs are good, actually most everything is fine but since you have no SR support I strongly suggest replacing Choice Scarf w/ Focus Sash and Stone Edge with Stealth Rock. If you want to keep Scarf for revenge killing purposes then do, but get rocks on this team somehow

Kyurem-B - if you decide to go with Gard, then Cube's mixed wallbreaking abilities aren't hugely necessary and just makes you more Scizor weak. But this team is clearly focused on Dragspam so Dragspam it shall stay... the replacement:

Dragonite @ Choice Band/Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch/Earthquake
- Earthquake/Dragon Dance

I haven't had time to test so I'm keepin it flexible for now... anyway w/ healing wish support and multiscale CB Nite is a great nuke and huge offensive presence, plus revenge killing is ez as hell, just click espeed and watch weakened shit go down. DD is also a seeable option if you want a sweeper of your own but I can't say which is better at this point.

Anyway that's about all I got for now, gl

yeah, go ahead and test it out, it is your team, after all, but here's my final thoughts:

Garchomp - Nature and EVs are good, actually most everything is fine but since you have no SR support I strongly suggest replacing Choice Scarf w/ Focus Sash and Stone Edge with Stealth Rock. If you want to keep Scarf for revenge killing purposes then do, but get rocks on this team somehow

Kyurem-B - if you decide to go with Gard, then Cube's mixed wallbreaking abilities aren't hugely necessary and just makes you more Scizor weak. But this team is clearly focused on Dragspam so Dragspam it shall stay... the replacement:

Dragonite @ Choice Band/Lum Berry
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch/Earthquake
- Earthquake/Dragon Dance

I haven't had time to test so I'm keepin it flexible for now... anyway w/ healing wish support and multiscale CB Nite is a great nuke and huge offensive presence, plus revenge killing is ez as hell, just click espeed and watch weakened shit go down. DD is also a seeable option if you want a sweeper of your own but I can't say which is better at this point.

Anyway that's about all I got for now, gl
2nding this, CB nite is probably better in this situation with garchomp to wallbreak an dnite can clean up and revenge kill with DAT powerful e-speed

sorry for being so late getting back but here's the finalized squad, it looks pretty good I gotta say, literally nothing can successfully wall it and that's p damn impressive! anyway here it is in all its glory:

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Dragonite @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Last edited:
Sounds good. Shouldn't need the wonky IV's on Latias since no HP Fighting.

Edit:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-170153195
Got around to testing this, and I gotta say, CB Dragonite was a good choice. Notice how it picks apart his team, and would most likely have killed Pinsir had Garchomp's Rough Skin not done that for me. Kinda surprised he didn't Sucker Punch on turn 7 (not that it would have done much).

And please ignore my ladder ranking, most of my OU play has been on alts.

Edit 2:
CB Dragonite did 84% to Scarf Lando-T with -1 Outrage. Sold.

Last edited:
Hello!Nice throwback concept, as for your suggested threats, let's see what we can do about it.
You can give magnezone and a timid nature with hp ice,this way you'll be able to surpass adamant bisharp, the most used and ohko him back with thunderbolt while he prepares knock off.
Asa matter of fact your latios has 30 speed ivs, so he won't be able to speed tie opposing latios (without hp fire/fight of course).

Now as for your lack of stealth rocks and landorus-therian weakness I would suggest you to change Kyurem-black to a Sash mamoswine you'll usually find lan-therian as a lead in battles, and even if he's scarfed he has to watch out from u-turn, while at the same time you get a reliable stealth rocker capable of defeating sashkion and sashchomp who may also be a bit problematic for your team's momentum.
With that said, if you find stallteams problematic while at the same time you don't want to give megamedicham enough set up opportunities, how about taunt gengar over gothitelle?
Gengar totally stops clefable, while giving you an huge help against majority of stall, gengar also has no problems against Doublade, a rising 'mon on stall teams, and can easily find set ups on most stall teams thanks to taunt, while still able to surpass stuff like medicham, terrakion, keldeo, landorus and speed tie latios/latias.Sets:
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Mamoswine (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)-
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard

^you can try those changes I guess but imo they make the team worse (no offense enki), but anyway I am back w/ final suggestion:

offense typically realllly struggles w/ greninja and this is no exception, the only hope of winning against it is to make sure chomp's sash is intact or revenging w/ espeed.

anyway the weak link is def keldeo, as I found in testing that the power it provides didn't really benefit the team as a whole since it already p much mows down everything... anyway greninja can't do shit if it's outsped, and you have no more room for scarfers anyway so VOILA:

>>>

Yes, it's suicune. No, it's not fucken CroCune. It's offensive support cune and it's here to wreck yo shit:

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 244 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

fuck you greninja. after tailwind any and all offense gets brought to its knees, ninja included, as Cune can easily tank anything ninja throws at it before setting up a tailwind nd letting the rest of the team sweep ez. EVs outspeed jolly breloom/sharp before setting up tailwind, rest goes into maximizing offenses w/ the rest in bulk

Orrr you could be reasonable and just use Assault Vest Raikou, which I should've suggested in the first place

Last edited:
I tried Suicune over Keldeo, but this opens up another threat: Chansey. Yeah, I have Taunt Megavoir, but due to Chansey's sheer bulk, Seismic Toss actually outdamages all of Gardy's attacks except a high damage roll Psyshock (Focus Miss and Hyper Voice max out at around 30 and 21%, respectively). The dragons can Outrage her to death, but Dragonite is vulnerable to Thunder Wave and Garchomp is usually dead by the time Chansey shows up. And regardless, Azumarill is still a pain in the ass. Not sure where to go from here, tbh.

I did see the suggestion for Gengar, though, so I may try that, but I'd then lack a mega and Gengar can't do much to Chansey either.

I kinda dislike having to resort to this but there doesn't seem to be much of an option at this point..

So here's my closing thoughts. Keep keldeo, but replace Scarf Magnezone with Scarf Magneton. It's not as strong or bulky, but it's faster, allowing you to outspeed and revenge kill both Greninja and Jolly SD Talonflame while still trapping and removing everything Magnezone can

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)