VGC Dracovish Team - please help me edit

Hi guys. I'm new. So I decided to create a team centered off Dracovish, who I feel is an amazing Pokemon with huge potential to be a big threat. The format is VGC 2020, so I had a hard time deciding which items to include on my Pokemon. Here's the team:

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

So Dracovish is the main Pokemon, and of course has a jolly nature and maxed speed EVs so that it can be fast enough to use fishous rend. I Other teammates will provide support for it to sweep well. I like Dracovish mainly because of its typing, Water/Dragon is a really good typing, making it easier for my teammates to cover the few weaknesses that Dracovish has.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Ferrothorn is mainly going to be used for defense, especially paired with Dracovish. Both can work together pretty well, and Ferrothorn can chip away at threats and make it easier for Dracovish to sweep. I decided to make its EVs as defensive as possible so it can tank many hits.

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Tailwind

I decided to also include Whimsicott. Its support will make Dracovish's time as a sweeper way easier, with Tailwind and Taunt making Dracovish way faster, while also preventing Substitute or screens from being set up. It also works well with Dracovish, as Moonblast can take out any other dragons that threaten Dracovish.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 44 HP / 248 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Overheat

Because Dracovish has the Choice Scarf already, I decided to make Rotom-Heat a sweeper, giving it a White Herb so it isn't weakened by Overheat. I messed around with the EVs a bit to increase its power, especially since Overheat is a very strong move.

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Foul Play
- Crunch

These last two members I didn't really have much experience with. Someone told me to use Scarify and Corviknight on my team, so I agreed. The EVs are just what Showdown recommended, but I chose Intimidate to help against strong physical attackers that could possibly sweep Dracovish. Fake Out is to allow Dracovish to use Fishous Rend as soon as Scrafty switches in. Drain punch is to help it stay alive, and it's pretty good STAB too. Foul Play is for physical attackers and Crunch is for special attackers.

Corviknight-Gmax @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 136 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Iron Head
- Roost

Again, don't really know much about Corviknight. I wanted to go with G-Max to wipe away any hazards set up, so I'm using Corviknight for late game. Since Ferrothorn already had Leftovers, I had to settle with a Rocky Helmet and replace Substitute for Iron Head.

I'm pretty new to competitive, so it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me with this team. Thank you!

Heya, sorry for responding so late. Wanted to make a few suggestions:

- For Dracovish, I would say make it Adamant instead of Jolly in nature. You can compromise for this drop in speed by giving it a Choice Scarf, while still capitalizing on its Attack stat.
- Also for Dracovish, you may want to replace Crunch with Low Kick. It can help to deal with Pokemon like Ferrothorn who can probably take more than a few Fishious Rends.
- I like the idea behind G-Max Corviknight, but you may be able to apply that to Scrafty, as well. I would say to replace Foul Play with Brick Break. With Intimidate and Foul Play your Scrafty is just hindering itself. If you use Brick Break, it can destroy screens as well.

That's all for now. This set looks amazing, I definitely want to see it in battle!

On Corviknight 32, 136, and 88 are not efficient EV numbers. 28 Def / 132 SpD / 84 Spe get you the same numbers with 12 leftover EVs that you can put 4 into Atk and raise another stat by 1. Rotom has the Same issue where 212 Spe would get the same value as 216 Spe and 244 Sp.Atk EVs the same as 248 Evs. If you lower both by 4 you can either buff each Def stat by 1 or make Rotom a single point faster or stronger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)