SV OU DOWNLOAD PORYGON-Z WEBS

INTRODUCTION
:porygon-z: :araquanid: :ogerpon-wellspring: :darkrai: :great-tusk: :gholdengo:

:porygon-z: is an exceptionally powerful mon who hits hard with its great Special Attack stat and its one of many great abilities in Adaptability, Download, and Analytic. With Gen 9, a new move in Tera Blast was introduced which is a Special 80 BP Normal Type move, which can change type by terastilization. Tera Blast is the same BP as Tri Attack, which can be a direct replacement, sacrificing the chance for status with the ability to change attack typing, something that :porygon-z: really appreciates. I wanted to experiment with this, which made me create a :choice-specs: :porygon-z: webs team.

TEAMBUILDING

:porygon-z: :ribombee:
As mentioned prior, this team focuses on the power of :choice-specs: :porygon-z: under webs, so :ribombee: was one of the first mons that came to mind. However, since I would be doing a lot of switching due to :porygon-z: being locked in, I wanted a web user who can hold its weight, making a Hyper Offense based team to a more standard Offense one.

:porygon-z: :araquanid:
A mon who I wanted to use for a while was :araquanid: and in this team I finally get to use it. :araquanid: is more bulkier than :ribombee:, which mean it will not die as fast. It is also stronger, with Water Bubble Liquidations, however can be more easily be hit by Taunt.

:porygon-z: :araquanid: :great-tusk:
Since hazards are more prone to be set up on :araquanid:, I chose :great-tusk: as a mon who can Rapid Spin, and can benefit well from Sticky Web. It also can check a lot of physical mons such as :kingambit:.

:porygon-z: :araquanid: :great-tusk: :gholdengo:
:gholdengo: is a given due to it blocking Rapid Spin, Mortal Spin, and Defog. It also is great offensively due to Nasty Plot.

:porygon-z: :araquanid: :great-tusk: :gholdengo: :ogerpon-wellspring:
I wanted an offensive pivot with Spikes, and :ogerpon-wellspring: was a perfect pick. Under webs. :ogerpon-wellspring: is a troublesome mons to deal with, with hard hitting Ivy Cudgels and Power Whips.

:porygon-z: :araquanid: :great-tusk: :gholdengo: :ogerpon-wellspring: :darkrai:
I noticed that I had an extreme weakness to Tera Fly :booster-energy: :roaring-moon:, so I added :darkrai: to naturally resist Knock Off and to outspeed a neutral :roaring-moon: who sets up a Dragon Dance under Sticky Web. It is a naturally great attacker as well with amazing coverage for multiple mons.

THE TEAM

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Download
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Nasty Plot
- Tera Blast
- Shadow Ball

:choice-specs: :porygon-z: is the main mon of this team, threatening to fire off extremely powerful Tera Blasts and Shadow Balls, two moves that hit most mons neutrally. Download was chose over Adaptability, due to more better damage with Shadow Ball, and taking advantage of mons with low Special Defense such as :gliscor:, :skarmory:, :corviknight:, :great-tusk:, gouging-fire:, and others. Trick can cripple a mon such as :blissey:, :garganacl:, :gouging-fire:, or :raging-bolt: to help get Nasty Plots set up for a potential sweep. Tera Blast is used over Tri Attack just for a spammable STAB move that can easily change into a Fighting move, useful for mons such as :kingambit:, :garganacl:, and :ting-lu:. Tera Fighting is also useful for resisting Sucker Punch from :kingambit:. Shadow Ball is used to hit Ghost types such as :dragapult:, :gholdengo:, and :skeledirge:.

Araquanid @ Custap Berry
Ability: Water Bubble
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 176 HP / 240 Atk / 92 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 Def
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Lunge
- Endeavor

:custap-berry: :araquanid: is an extremely fun mon to use, due to the bulk not relying on a :focus-sash:. :custap-berry: is useful for getting the drop on faster mons such as :kyurem:, :iron-valiant:, :volcarona:, and others. Sticky Web is a given, allowing grounded foes lacking :heavy-duty-boots: to have their speed lowered, which is helpful for :porygon-z:. Liquidation is an amazing move to accompany Water Bubble, hitting mons such as :great-tusk:, :hatterene:, and :gliscor: hard. Lunge is chose over Leech Life to avoid HP recovery for :araquanid: in :custap-berry: range, which can be useful for mons such as :ogerpon-wellspring:. Endeavor is a filler move that can be used against bulkier mons that shrug off attacks from :araquanid: such as :dondozo:, :kyurem:, and :raging-bolt:. The given EV spread allows :araquanid: to outspeed uninvested base 60s, can always live a :choice-specs: :kyurem: Freeze-Dry from full each time, and to hit as hard as possible. 29 Def IVs allows :araquanid: to always be in :custap-berry: range when :ogerpon-wellspring: goes for Power Whip. Tera Ghost is to avoid fast Rapid Spin mons such as :great-tusk: or :iron-treads: in a pinch.

252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Freeze-Dry vs. 176 HP / 0 SpD Araquanid: 270-320 (84.1 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Power Whip vs. 176 HP / 0 Def 29 IVs Araquanid: 241-285 (75 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

ogerponw.png

Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip
- U-turn

:ogerpon-wellspring: is a great mon in general, however under webs is a extremely scary to face. Boasting boosted Livy Cudgels and Power Whips, progress with Spikes, and pivoting with U-turn, it is a great mon to include on this team. Spikes is used over Taunt or Encore on this team due to a hazard other than Sticky Web to help deal passive damage overtime which can help :porygon-z: secure KOs. Power Whip is used over Horn Leech for pure power alone. U-turn hits mons such as :roaring-moon: and :serperior:, while being able to pivot out of bad situations.

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

:darkrai: can be a scary mon at times, with a high Special Attack stat with great coverage moves to hit mons such as :iron-valiant: and :clefable: with Sludge Bomb, :kingambit: and :garganacl: with Focus Blast, and :great-tusk: and :gliscor: with Ice Beam. 29 HP IVs allow :darkrai: to take less damage from :life-orb:, which is an item which helps deal more damage due to Nasty Plot being excluded from this set. Tera Poison powers up Sludge Bomb for :iron-valiant: and :clefable:, while resisting Fairy and Fighting moves that threaten :darkrai:.

greattusk.png

Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

:great-tusk: is a great mon for any team, with its great bulk, attacking power, and utility. Rapid Spin is helpful to remove hazards from :gliscor:, :skarmory: and :glimmora:, while :heavy-duty-boots: allow it to switch in freely with no downside on these hazards. Headlong Rush is used over Earthquake due to power to secure more KOs, and it not being weakened by Grassy Terrain. Ice Spinner hits mons such as :enamorus:, :dragonite:, and :gliscor: to chip them down for other members of this team. Knock Off is great for :air-balloon: :gholdengo:, and forces progress by removing :heavy-duty-boots:, :rocky-helmet:, and :leftovers: from mons such as :dondozo:, :skarmory:, and :hatterene:. Tera Steel is used to resist moves from :enamorus:, :kyurem:, and :gholdengo: in a pinch, which can allow it to rebuttle by removing hazards or getting huge hits off.

ghold.png

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

:air-balloon: :gholdengo: is amazing for any hazard based team, allowing it to block Rapid Spin from :great-tusk: and :iron-treads:, Mortal Spin from :glimmora:, and Defog from :corviknight:. Nasty Plot enables :gholdengo: to deal massive damage, setting up on mons such as :slowking-galar:. Make It Rain allows :gholdengo: to deal the most damage to :great-tusk:, and is used over Dazzling Gleam for mons such as :garganacl:. Shadow Ball is a spammable STAB move, and Focus Blast is useful for mons such as :ting-lu:, :iron-treads:, :heatran:, and :kingambit: Tera Fight follows this path, dealing more damage to all four mons listed while resisting Sucker Punch from :kingambit:.

THREATS
moon.png

:roaring-moon: with Acrobatics can easily destroy this team, with :darkrai: being a soft check for it. If :darkrai: goes down, you will have a lot of trouble killing :roaring-moon:

:volcarona: can be a problem for this team, and can set up on :araquanid: with Tera. :ogerpon-wellspring: can potentially Tera on it to trade, however cannot always be possible with Tera Grass :volcarona:.

glim.png

:glimmora: has a lot of chances to set up hazards, with :darkrai: being the only mon that can reliably face it without triggering Toxic Debris in the early game. However, :air-balloon: :gholdengo: has good odds against it if its :focus-sash: is broken.

CONCLUSION
:choice-specs: :porygon-z: is a powerful mon with its great Special Attack and abilities, and with the new Tera Blast can get reliable coverage while also having a powerful STAB move. Under webs, it dents teams and can outspeed as well with its decent base 90 speed.

I hope you all enjoyed reading this! Feedback and comments are HIGHLY appreciated!

POKEPASTE
https://pokepast.es/d54cd947a8b561a1

Last edited:
One change I would make is changing out u-turn for play rough on waterpon. That hits moon really hard and helps against a lot of dragon types, which while not bad, isn't the worse coverage to have. While u-turn is nice, waterpon is much better as an offensive mon, which webs teams are centered around. I'd also drop np on porygon-z if you have specs on it still. Trick is mainly against bulkier teams that you can't break through with the power of specs (though scarf is mostly used for this). Relying on tricking off your item is not ideal, it's more of a option that you can use to make it relevant, otherwise you have two useless slots if you don't want to trick off your item. I'd say change it for either t-bolt or ice beam, or even tri attack if you want to. That lets you hit things for much more power.
Overall, this team looks decent. I'm not the best teambuilder, and other people most likely will have more suggestions, but this team looks decent so far.

Roller K

detached
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Porygon-Z with Sticky Web is a fun playstyle that is underexplored in the current meta. Porygon has a lot to offer, and it is one of the few Pokemon that can run Tera Blast with zero drawbacks since it is a STAB Normal special move by default. To help the team thrive in its playstyle of Sticky Web Hyper Offense as well as mitigate the team's current threats, I went ahead and created some suggestions for your team. A Pokepaste of the changes is right below.

My version: :porygon-z: :ribombee: :great-tusk: :gholdengo: :ogerpon-wellspring: :roaring-moon:

Changes:

1. :roaring-moon: > :darkrai:: When looking at your team, Darkrai looked a bit out of place, especially with its 4-attack set. It struck me as underwhelming, and I thought of another threat to replace it. Roaring Moon is a Dark-type that offers your team a lot more value. First, it is an amazing abuser of Sticky Web, and it can afford to run Adamant nature which shreds through any fat or boots spam team if given one free turn to set up. The typing is nice defensively too, as you can switch into Ogerpon Wellspring's STAB moves and resist lots of priority in the current meta (e.g. Sucker Punch, Grassy Glide, Thunderclap). In general, it is a phenomenal breaker that makes great use of the limited turns Sticky Web is up--and that is exactly what the members of your team (and hyper-offense teams in general) should aim to do.

2. :ribombee: > :araquanid:: While I love the idea of Custap Berry Araquanid, at that point it is better to run Ribombee. I admire the calcs you provided for the Araquanid EV spread; it shows you are attentive to your EVs, which will serve you well as you develop your team building skills. The problem is that these are highly specific scenarios that don't even benefit you much. Assuming Ogerpon is Power Whip and not Horn Leech, it has to hit its move, and even then, it could crit you. Same goes for Kyurem not freezing or critting you. Ogerpon could also Swords Dance as you use Sticky Web and lock you into your move with Encore. Even if everything goes right, Lunge never OHKO's Ogerpon, and Endeavor is not very useful on Kyurem since your team does not have Stealth Rock to punish Choice Specs Kyurem. Even then, both Pokemon struggle against Sticky Web once it is up, and Araquanid is less useful than Ribombee in most matchups. Ribombee offers your team temporary speed control before Sticky Web is up, which may be useful for fast threats like Meowscarada and Zamazenta who are weak to Moonblast and generally slower than Ribombee. Stun Spore pesters opposing teams more than Endeavor, Moonblast is better coverage for your team since you already have Ogerpon Wellspring to account for Water coverage that Araquanid provides, and Psychic helps handle Glimmora. There's a reason Ribombee is currently in OU and Araquanid is not--it is a more consistent lead for hyper-offensive Sticky Web teams.

3. :ogerpon-wellspring:: The set you provided is solid, but not for hyper offense. Your team is not pivot-based, and you want to make the most of every turn, so Swords Dance is far more potent than Spikes in most matchups. Spikes are less threatening than Swords Dance into offensive teams, most pivot-based teams utilize Regenerator cores and/or boots spam, and stall loses way more easily to Ogerpon Wellspring (especially when paired with Roaring Moon). I keep bringing up boots spam because Heavy-Duty Boots Weavile and Meowscarada are extremely difficult to deal with for these styles of teams. In addition, taking inspiration from Heatranator, I put the last move as Play Rough. I was debating between Encore and Knock Off as well, but Encore is not necessary since you have Trick Porygon-Z to disturb set-up sweepers, and Knock Off is not too important since you have Knock Off on Great Tusk and Roaring Moon to take off boots and help Sticky Web be more annoying; plus, you no longer have Spikes, so there isn't a purpose to Knock Off on 3 Pokemon. Play Rough threatens the Dragon-types that pester Ogerpon, and it allows Ogerpon to stay on the field longer and continue to mash buttons after a Swords Dance, which makes it a great sweeper with Sticky Web to compensate for the decent speed.

4. :porygon-z:: Taking inspiration again, I changed Nasty Plot to Tri Attack. While I like the idea of switching modes, you don't have enough turns to Trick and set up while also maintaining either Porygon or your webs. You need to apply as much pressure as possible while Sticky Web are still up, and having three moves helps a lot. Tri Attack is nice to retain your Normal offensive coverage post-Tera, and the 20% chance to inflict status could be devastating to opponents. It could also be nice to have in niche scenarios where you want to utilize the defensive qualities of Tera Fighting but still want to go for your Normal coverage (e.g. against Tera Flying/Fairy Kingambit so you can resist Sucker Punch and get the KO with Tri Attack).

5. :great-tusk:: Tera Fire > Steel is overall better for your team. You retain the resistances to Enamorus, Kyurem, and Gholdengo that you said you want in a pinch. Additionally, you gain a new resistance to Volcarona, Gouging Fire, and other prominent Fire-types that threaten your team. Finally, you become immune to burn, which could be nice when facing Will-O-Wisp Dragapult and Flame Body Volcarona. I guess you also bluff Temper Flare, though that's pretty irrelevant since you already wall Corviknight and Skarmory with Gholdengo, and you hit Air Balloon Gholdengo with Knock Off.

6. :gholdengo:: Tera Fairy > Fighting is overall better for your team. You retain the resistance to Sucker Punch from Kingambit while becoming a stronger into Roaring Moon which you stated threatens your team. If you want to keep this set the same with Tera Fighting, I would highly suggest changing the Porygon set as these two overlap a lot in their role on the team.

This is a very cool team, and I hope the suggestions help Porygon-Z shine more! :porygon-z: :porygon-z: :porygon-z:

Porygon-Z with Sticky Web is a fun playstyle that is underexplored in the current meta. Porygon has a lot to offer, and it is one of the few Pokemon that can run Tera Blast with zero drawbacks since it is a STAB Normal special move by default. To help the team thrive in its playstyle of Sticky Web Hyper Offense as well as mitigate the team's current threats, I went ahead and created some suggestions for your team. A Pokepaste of the changes is right below.

My version: :porygon-z: :ribombee: :great-tusk: :gholdengo: :ogerpon-wellspring: :roaring-moon:

Changes:

1. :roaring-moon: > :darkrai:: When looking at your team, Darkrai looked a bit out of place, especially with its 4-attack set. It struck me as underwhelming, and I thought of another threat to replace it. Roaring Moon is a Dark-type that offers your team a lot more value. First, it is an amazing abuser of Sticky Web, and it can afford to run Adamant nature which shreds through any fat or boots spam team if given one free turn to set up. The typing is nice defensively too, as you can switch into Ogerpon Wellspring's STAB moves and resist lots of priority in the current meta (e.g. Sucker Punch, Grassy Glide, Thunderclap). In general, it is a phenomenal breaker that makes great use of the limited turns Sticky Web is up--and that is exactly what the members of your team (and hyper-offense teams in general) should aim to do.

2. :ribombee: > :araquanid:: While I love the idea of Custap Berry Araquanid, at that point it is better to run Ribombee. I admire the calcs you provided for the Araquanid EV spread; it shows you are attentive to your EVs, which will serve you well as you develop your team building skills. The problem is that these are highly specific scenarios that don't even benefit you much. Assuming Ogerpon is Power Whip and not Horn Leech, it has to hit its move, and even then, it could crit you. Same goes for Kyurem not freezing or critting you. Ogerpon could also Swords Dance as you use Sticky Web and lock you into your move with Encore. Even if everything goes right, Lunge never OHKO's Ogerpon, and Endeavor is not very useful on Kyurem since your team does not have Stealth Rock to punish Choice Specs Kyurem. Even then, both Pokemon struggle against Sticky Web once it is up, and Araquanid is less useful than Ribombee in most matchups. Ribombee offers your team temporary speed control before Sticky Web is up, which may be useful for fast threats like Meowscarada and Zamazenta who are weak to Moonblast and generally slower than Ribombee. Stun Spore pesters opposing teams more than Endeavor, Moonblast is better coverage for your team since you already have Ogerpon Wellspring to account for Water coverage that Araquanid provides, and Psychic helps handle Glimmora. There's a reason Ribombee is currently in OU and Araquanid is not--it is a more consistent lead for hyper-offensive Sticky Web teams.

3. :ogerpon-wellspring:: The set you provided is solid, but not for hyper offense. Your team is not pivot-based, and you want to make the most of every turn, so Swords Dance is far more potent than Spikes in most matchups. Spikes are less threatening than Swords Dance into offensive teams, most pivot-based teams utilize Regenerator cores and/or boots spam, and stall loses way more easily to Ogerpon Wellspring (especially when paired with Roaring Moon). I keep bringing up boots spam because Heavy-Duty Boots Weavile and Meowscarada are extremely difficult to deal with for these styles of teams. In addition, taking inspiration from Heatranator, I put the last move as Play Rough. I was debating between Encore and Knock Off as well, but Encore is not necessary since you have Trick Porygon-Z to disturb set-up sweepers, and Knock Off is not too important since you have Knock Off on Great Tusk and Roaring Moon to take off boots and help Sticky Web be more annoying; plus, you no longer have Spikes, so there isn't a purpose to Knock Off on 3 Pokemon. Play Rough threatens the Dragon-types that pester Ogerpon, and it allows Ogerpon to stay on the field longer and continue to mash buttons after a Swords Dance, which makes it a great sweeper with Sticky Web to compensate for the decent speed.

4. :porygon-z:: Taking inspiration again, I changed Nasty Plot to Tri Attack. While I like the idea of switching modes, you don't have enough turns to Trick and set up while also maintaining either Porygon or your webs. You need to apply as much pressure as possible while Sticky Web are still up, and having three moves helps a lot. Tri Attack is nice to retain your Normal offensive coverage post-Tera, and the 20% chance to inflict status could be devastating to opponents. It could also be nice to have in niche scenarios where you want to utilize the defensive qualities of Tera Fighting but still want to go for your Normal coverage (e.g. against Tera Flying/Fairy Kingambit so you can resist Sucker Punch and get the KO with Tri Attack).

5. :great-tusk:: Tera Fire > Steel is overall better for your team. You retain the resistances to Enamorus, Kyurem, and Gholdengo that you said you want in a pinch. Additionally, you gain a new resistance to Volcarona, Gouging Fire, and other prominent Fire-types that threaten your team. Finally, you become immune to burn, which could be nice when facing Will-O-Wisp Dragapult and Flame Body Volcarona. I guess you also bluff Temper Flare, though that's pretty irrelevant since you already wall Corviknight and Skarmory with Gholdengo, and you hit Air Balloon Gholdengo with Knock Off.

6. :gholdengo:: Tera Fairy > Fighting is overall better for your team. You retain the resistance to Sucker Punch from Kingambit while becoming a stronger into Roaring Moon which you stated threatens your team. If you want to keep this set the same with Tera Fighting, I would highly suggest changing the Porygon set as these two overlap a lot in their role on the team.

This is a very cool team, and I hope the suggestions help Porygon-Z shine more! :porygon-z: :porygon-z: :porygon-z:
Thank you for the feedback! People mentioned that I have too many breakers over sweepers so these changes help a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)