Tournament Doubles World Cup III - FINALS TIEBREAKERS!!! (WON BY US WEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations to US West for winning our first Gen 9 Doubles World Cup!
A big thank you to all of the managers, players, and the hosting team for helping this tournament run itself. I was surprised when I was approached to host, but thanks to your help this World Cup progressed without any major hiccups. A thank you to Yoda2798 and Actuarily in particular, who helped make the more difficult decisions as tier leaders. Also a thank you to Amaranth for automatizing and feverishly updating the standings sheet. I hope that all participants had fun this year, and if anyone has any feedback or comments about the tournament we'd love to hear it.

As for myself: I was very happy to include Team China for the first time this year, whose manager DuGuo did his best to communicate between teams. It wasn't always easy, but I think Team China had a very respectable showing, and we'd love to see more Chinese players participate in future Doubles tournaments!

Next year, we should include assistant managers from the start. This was a significant planning oversight of mine that I'd only haphazardly rectified midseason. It didn't end up affecting much, but it would've made communicating between teams and making substitutions easier.

Once again, congratulations to US West on their first World Cup victory! See you all next year :salute:

fespy for manager of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)