SV DOU Doubles OU team

I started on showdown last year and usually build my teams while based on one Pokémon then expanding it with some sets I see on YouTube and then modify it after battling a few times. The doubles OU team I build can be used for VGC as well.
This is one of my teams for gen9 doubles OU:
Ninetales-Alola (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Helping Hand
- Icy Wind
- Confuse Ray

Ninetales is here for aurora veil support combined with the light clay, and to give a defence boost to the ice type(s) on my team. Helping hand can give a decent power boost to the rest of my Pokémon’s attacks since this ninetales is by no means offensive. Icy wind can help with speed control and confuse ray can combo with paralysis to troll players

Chien-Pao @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 4 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Sucker Punch
- Sacred Sword
- Tera Blast

I found this chien pao set on YouTube. Along with aurora veils and snow, (yes I’ve seen this before) it can survive a drain punch from iron hands without terastallising. Sucker punch is for faster targets, i chose ice spinner over icicle crash to remove terrain, sacred sword for coverage and Tera electric Tera blast because electric is a good offensive type and gives chien pao bolt beam coverage.

Flutter Mane @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hex

Flutter mane has a standard choice specs set with the first 3 moves, but I added hex since it can get very strong alongside pachirisu’s nuzzle (which can paralyze threats like gholdengo). Tera ghost is for this reason as well, Tera ghost choice specs boosted hex can hit extremely hard according to what I’ve seen during my test battles.

Tornadus @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 4 SpA / 52 SpD
Calm Nature
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Bleakwind Storm
- Rain Dance

Tornadus has a mental herb to stop taunts, with tailwind for speed control, taunt to shut down other non-dark type prankster users, bleakwind storm for breaking focus sashes/multiscale and with tornadus’s naturally decent special attack, this move can hit decently hard with helping hand from ninetales. I chose rain dance over snowscape on a team which was based on snow because I wanted to have a better matchup against sunroom teams or after you eruption Torkoal teams, and to let bleakwind and sandsear storm never miss and to let my fire-weak pokemon survive hits. Tera ghost is to block fake out.

Pachirisu (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Nuzzle
- Follow Me
- Super Fang
- U-turn

Pachirisu is here for some redirection to further support the team. nuzzle can paralyse to spread status for flutter mane to clean up, and follow me can protect my more glassy offensive pokemon from priority moves like sucker punch and grassy glide. Super fang can help my Pokémon pick up KOs on bulkier Pokémon and u turn can pair well with landorus to cycle intimidate and because landorus is immune to it’s only weakness before terastallisation, or to provide a safe switch for my threats because I didn’t train it in speed.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water / Ice
EVs: 156 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sandsear Storm
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Weather Ball

Landorus T is here because well it’s one of the best Pokémon. With a choice scarf it can outspeed a lot of non-scarfed pokemon, and intimidate u turn cycle with pachirisu can be really annoying to deal with. With the rain tornadus brings, sandsear storm can’t miss and even has a chance to spread status, which can help flutter mane with hex. Rock slide is here for coverage and to sometimes ask for a lucky flinch (possibly combined with para-confusion to annoy players). Weather ball can be a 100 base power water or ice move depending on the situation and so does the Tera type.

Overall I think this team has decent coverage and good synergy with each other. Before this version of the team, the team had fezandipiti and clefairy over tornadus and pachirisu for spreading status, tailwind and redirection support and choice band rillaboom over landorus, but I dropped them as the team was too weak to steel (and gholdengo and scizor were huge threats). I’m unsure about the EV spreads though as they could be more refined as Im not very good at setting them

Help, suggestions, modifications and comments would be greatly appreciated!
thanks for reading this post :D

Last edited:
Hi! A really neat team. The one thing I encountered while using Alolan Ninetails teams are opponent using Tornadus and Flutter Mane. Tornadus uses Sunny Day and the Flutter Mane either gets a Speed boost or Sp. Atk boost with the help of protosynthesis. If this single turn flips out of your hand, the endgame will be difficult to deal with. This was just an observation that I was able to note and wanted you to know. To conclude, solid team and I hope you break many teams with the help of the Legendary World Champion - Pachirisu! :blobthumbsup:

Thanks for the advice! I’ll definitely watch out for a flutter-tornadus lead and try to switch up my leads to counter that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)