SS OU Double Power Herb - Meteor Beam

*This is my first time posting on Smogon so fingers crossed this doesn't get taken down*

I started using power herb meteor beam on Nihilego in UU and OH MY did it sweep. After witnessing this beast I brought it into OU and it still carried that sweeping potential despite all those Clefable stallers.

My OU team is showed here:

Nihilego.png

Nihilego @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Meteor Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Role: Fast Special Sweeper
Moves: Meteor Beam is the damage dealing setup move to get this thing dominating, plus its STAB. Sludge Wave is just a special STAB move. Thunderbolt and Grass Knot are both there for coverage.

Melmetal.png

Melmetal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 128 HP / 116 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Role: Special Tank and Physical Damage Dealer

Moves: Double Iron Bash is clearly there for a STAB move and then Earthquake, Ice Punch and Thunder Punch is coverage, mainly for Landorus and dragon types.

Dragapult.png

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- U-turn

Role: Physical Offensive Pivot
Moves: Thunder Wave is put on here to shut down opposing sweepers and then U-turn to get the hell out of there. Dragon Darts and Phantom Force are obvious STAB moves.

Mew.png

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz

Role: Rock and Spikes setter

Moves: Obviously Stealth Rock and Spikes to get that extra bit of chip damage. Taunt to stop opposing rock setters and flare blitz to catch those Ferrothorns off guard.

Celesteela.png

Celesteela @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Autotomize
- Meteor Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Role: Fast Special Sweeper (Also very bulky)
Moves: Automize is what makes Celesteela a sweeper as it gets its attack boosts from its ability. Meteor Beam is for the extra special attack and for the chance to KO the first mon. Flash Cannon is STAB and Flamethrower is just coverage.

Garchomp.png

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Scale Shot

Role: Fast Physical Sweeper
Moves: Swords Dance to setup. Earthquake for STAB. Fire Fang for coverage and finally Scale Shot to get the speed boost and STAB damage.

Thanks to all those who have read this far, and I hope you enjoy the team! Best of luck.

You could replace garchomp with lando to become less weak to ground. Maybe a SpD lando with eq, toxic, defog, and uturn?

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Iron Fist STAB DIB is so insanely strong that even if the opponent resists it or another move is super effective, DIB will still be the better choice. So coverage on Melm is basically only for if an enemy both is weak to a coverage move and resists DIB, or is 4x weak to a coverage move like Lando.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)