SS Doubles OU Double Justified Team

Hello, this is my first time posting in this forum, as well as building a team for competitive doubles. I would consider myself as a newbie in the competitive scenario, so i'll gladly accept any kind of advice for this team. English is not my first language, but i'll try my best to make everything understandable.

1616675346540.png

Lucario @ Assault Vest
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Meteor Mash

Should be the primary sweeper of the team. I always try setting him up with Weavile's Beat Up and then try to finish the game using Rock Slide. Extreme Speed is very useful against faster mons or when I find myself on Trick Room. Close Combat should take care of anything that resists a Rock Slide and Meteor Mash is for finishing Fairy threats. I gave him an Assault Vest so it might survive the ocasional Flamethrower or Earth Power, but i'm sure it must be something better.

1616675378381.png

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- Fake Out
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Personally I think this one is the most important one to keep alive, because he allows setting up both Lucario and Arcanine. Most of the times I'll send him on the lead with Claydol, using Fake Out on a mon that would be troublesome for setting screens or would give a advantage for the opponent. If it has the opportunity, can quickly take care of not so bulky Ground, Flying, Dragon and Psychic threats.

1616675396481.png

Arcanine @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun

Is supposed to be the secondary sweeper, because I normally put him on the field if Lucario faints or if the game would be more favorable by using him. Normally I would first use Torkoal to set up the sun for the bonus damage on Flare Blitz, as well for weaken the opponent water attacks, then i'll try to set up Arcanine with Beat Up. Wild Charge for Electric coverage and Extreme Speed for the same reason as Lucario. Finally, Morning sun to give him more survivability because the recoils put a lot of pressure on him.

1616675415202.png

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Yawn

It's a really bulky pokemon, which allows me to make some favorable switchs on my side. I mainly use him for setting up the sun for Arcanine, but can still put some pressure on the opposing team with Stealth Rock, which also breaks any sash. Yawn for giving me the opportunity to set up if it gets the sleep, or for forcing the opponent to switch. Rapid Spin for clearing my side from any hazards and Lava Plume for finishing any weared down mon from the opponent.

1616675515409.png

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Friend Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Icy Wind
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

Clefairy is the support of the team, being very bulky becuse of Eviolite. I'll put him on the field when Weavile is finished with its job. Friend Guard by itself already helps a lot, but Heal Pulse makes Clefairy even better. Follow me it's a must, as it allows Lucario or Arcanine to do it's job. Icy wind is very useful for slowing down mons that can be a threat, also allowing for my team to set up if needed.

1616675588450.png

Claydol @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Earth Power

I experimented a lot to find a pokemon for the sixth slot, and I end up settling for Claydol. I really needed a Ground type because for some reason electric teams would just tear down my team, but I also needed some utility as well with screens. So thats why I chose it. I'm sure this is not the best setup for Claydol, but for now it's working. As mentioned above, I'll send it on the lead with Weavile, putting the best screen against the opponent team and then switching it out if it can't take care of anything on the field. When switched, I already made my Weavile use Beat Up on it, so when my sweeper comes out, it will be fully set up for the next turn.

So that's it, my first shot building a team on Doubles OU. When I first got sweept by a similar team that used Justified Lucario with a Beat Up Whimsicott, I really wanted to try it out. Had a bunch of fun doing the research and the testing for this team, but i'm sure there is a lot to improve. Again, I apologize for my english if there are any mistake on the descriptions, and thank beforehand for anyone willing to help.

sawamura

Banned deucer.
Good first of all I appreciate your interest in this incredible format, I sincerely invite you to read the Viality Ranking of DOU, on the other hand I also made an article about a Beat up similar to yours, although if you are looking for a semi Tr Beat up you can try the following indications:

When looking at the mechanics of Beat up, Terracott always comes to mind as one of the users of this combination of gameplay and Tsareena helps a lot to this team because of its ability to limit Rillaboom who is a very big threat (you can also go with Lele but you still can not avoid the move, which Tsareena does very well) we include protec with Whinsicott as it gives us a chance to place tsareena and pivot giving time to create the terracott.

lucario has good Fairy Coverage but seeing from another point it is very rare that they can withstand an earthquake or a Rock Slide at +4.

looking at torkoal it is much more likely to take a Semi Trick Room as you can Explode with eruption and give much more damage and avoid the Fake out with Tsareena's hab, Diancie is the cornerstone of Speed Control as claydol not many results as Diancie does in this type of occasion his set is something that takes a long time to implement for a combination that is Explosive.

Incineroar is the best option to place because it can help pivot and intimidate and put a good Fake out on certain occasions. The combination of Safety Googles and no HDB is because we carry a Set in tsareena with Rapid Spin to remove hazzard and prevent amoongus from taking a walk under trick room without having taken out Torkoal.

In conclusion this strategy is not bad nor is it something that will work most of the time but if you manage it well it can give good results and more if you have coverages like a Speed Control against Offensive teams. Gl on the Ladder I hope you liked the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)