Ubers Double Dance Miraidon [QC 2/2] [GP 1/1]

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
[SET]
name: Double Dance
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Agility
move 3: Parabolic Charge / Electro Drift
move 4: Dazzling Gleam / Dragon Pulse
item: Leftovers
ability: Hadron Engine
nature: Modest
evs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
tera type: Fairy

[SET COMMENTS]
  • The combination of Calm Mind and Agility allows Miraidon to threaten a vast majority of the metagame, using passive walls such as Corviknight, Dondozo, and Blissey as setup fodder.
  • With Agility and 8 EVs in Speed, Miraidon can outrun Timid Iron Bundle under Electric Terrain.
  • Parabolic Charge greatly increases Miraidon's longevity. For example, after two Calm Mind boosts, Parabolic Charge outheals Blissey's Seismic Toss. Electro Drift can also be used for its significantly higher Base Power, threatening to immediately OHKO would-be offensive checks such as Flutter Mane and Chi-Yu.
  • Dazzling Gleam threatens Great Tusk and Koraidon, while Dragon Pulse is a solid alternative STAB option.
  • Tera Fairy removes Miraidon's weaknesses to Ice- and Fairy-type attacks, allowing it to take on threats like Chien-Pao and Flutter Mane.
  • Miraidon likes teammates such as Grimmsnarl, which let it set up more freely.
  • Offensive checks to Unaware Clodsire, such as Koraidon, Iron Bundle, and Bulk Up + Taunt Annihilape, are greatly appreciated, as Miraidon cannot break through it.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Eledyr, 415367]]
- Quality checked by: [[Aberforth, 249382], [ox04, 507268]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Sulo, 528036]]

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Reword the Parabolic Charge point, I get what you're trying to say and it's right, but it needs to be phrased better.

Just in general actually you should tidy up the grammar and stuff in here. Things like "double dance miraidon fits well in" and other such things dont read right in english, and there's a couple of instances of this throughout. Lasen is probably the best QC member to fix that up, but the actual content of this is good.

QC 1/2.

I think that Electro Drift over Parabolic Charge is also a very solid option if you want more power, Parabolic really lacks the immediate OHKO potential even though it provides a lot of healing in conjunction with lefties but modest Electro Drift really hits hard:
252+ SpA Hadron Engine Miraidon Electro Drift vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Flutter Mane in Electric Terrain: 246-291 (98 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Hadron Engine Miraidon Electro Drift vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Chi-Yu in Electric Terrain: 271-321 (107.9 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I think it should be a second slash.

ability: Quark Drive
And btw, YOU PUT QUARK DRIVE AS THE ABILITY!!!

I'm not too sure how viable max speed and LO are as options since I didn't use this set too much, but I think you should consider them at least. Other than that seems fine.

QC 2/2 after fixes.

Sulo

the blade i hold
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnus
National Dex Leader
GP 1/1

[SET]
name: Double Dance
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Agility
move 3: Parabolic Charge / Electro Drift
move 4: Dazzling Gleam / Dragon Pulse
item: Leftovers
ability: Hadron Engine
nature: Modest
evs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
tera type: Fairy

• The combination of Calm Mind and Agility allows Miraidon to threaten a vast majority of the metagame, (ac) using . Miraidon can use passive walls (rc) such as Corviknight, Dondozo, and Blissey (rc) as setup fodder.
  • With Agility and 8 EVs in Speed, Miraidon can outrun Timid Iron Bundle under Electric Terrain.
  • Parabolic Charge greatly increases Miraidon's longevity. For example, after two Calm Mind boosts, Parabolic Charge outheals Blissey's Seismic Toss. Electro Drift can also be used for its significantly higher Base Power, threatening to immediately OHKO would-be immediately what would be offensive checks such as Flutter Mane and Chi-Yu.
  • Dazzling Gleam is a good coverage option that threatens Great Tusk and Koraidon, while Dragon Pulse is a solid alternative STAB option.
  • Tera Fairy removes Miraidon's weaknesses to Ice- and Fairy-type attacks, allowing it to take on threats like Chien-Pao and Flutter Mane.
  • Miraidon likes teammates such as Grimmsnarl, which let it set up more freely. allow it to set up more easily.
  • Offensive checks to Unaware Clodsire, such as Koraidon, Iron Bundle, and Bulk Up + Taunt Annihilape, are greatly appreciated, as Miraidon cannot break through it.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Eledyr, 415367]]
- Quality checked by: [[Aberforth, 249382], [ox04, 507268]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Sulo, 528036]]
Sulo2.gif

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)