Double Dance Gliscor Screens Hyper Offense (Peaked 1795 Elo)

Remember when I made this post on the OU metagame thread detailing my Double Dance Gliscor team? Well, after tilting down from 1795, updating the team, climbing back up to the 1700s and hyping up the Gliscor set on Showdown’s OU chatroom forever, I decided to make an updated RMT (and actually post it to the OU Teams forum) for the definitive DOUBLE DANCE GLISCOR HYPER OFFENSE!

Team Introduction:
I first got the idea of running Double Dance Gliscor from spiderkitty410 explaining the main draw of it (durable sweeper/wincon that practically never dies behind Screens) on Pokémon Showdown. Being a fan of Gliscor and fun but also practical sets, I tried building a team around it! After slotting on Gliscor and Ninetales-Alola, I slapped Gholdengo on for keeping Screens up against Great Tusk and the occasional Corviknight, and then went on from there. And now, here’s the updated team!

:Ninetales-Alola:
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Snowscape
- Encore

The team’s screen setter. For EVs and Nature, I used Jolly with max HP and Speed so Ninetales can set Aurora Veil without dying and 4 Special Attack to give Freeze-Dry a slight boost. Put Light Clay on to extend Aurora Veil’s duration. Tera Water helps against Cinderace’s Pyro Ball, Heatran’s Magma Storm and the common Flamethrower thrown Ninetales-A’s way.

As for the moveset, Aurora Veil provides dual-screens (what else am I supposed to say lol). Freeze-Dry serves as reliable STAB that neutrally hits a lot and forces damage onto Water types like Ogerpon-Wellspring, Pelipper (which is OHKO’d by it) and the rare Toxapex. Snowscape is a huge help against Sun, Rain and the occasional Tyranitar/Hippowdon that show up to prevent them from setting their teammates up and allow you to actually use Aurora Veil. Encore is great for punishing more passive Pokémon such as defensive Gliscor and locking slower offensive Pokémon into their setup or utility moves like Dragonite, Kingambit and Heatran, giving your teammates good switch-in opportunities.

:Ogerpon-Wellspring:
Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Power Whip
- Ivy Cudgel
- Encore

A physical offensive threat with potent STAB, great base Speed and the ability to help check Rain teams and make them less of a problem. Jolly Nature with Max Attack and Speed for EVs since we’re working with an offensive set behind screens, 4 in Special Defense to give a slight bit of extra insurance against special attacks coming its way.

As for moveset, Swords Dance allows Waterpon to break the more durable walls of the tier down and heavily punish Corviknight for switching in. Power Whip serves as Nuclear STAB option 1 (effectively 144 BP with Wellspring Mask’s boost) that completely nails opposing Waterpon, Ogerpon-Cornerstone, Gliscor and most importantly Dondozo so that Gliscor doesn’t have to worry about the funny fish walling it. Ivy Cudgel is your Nuclear STAB option 2 (120 BP with Wellspring Mask, 100% Accuracy and increased crit chance tacked on. lmao Game Freak) and hits most of the things Power Whip already hits while also reliably killing Fire types like Heatran, Cinderace and Ceruledge. It can even 1-hit offensive Gholdengo sets with no bulk investment. Put Encore on for the same reason as I put it on Ninetales-A: it heavily punishes slower/more passive threats, Dondozo absolutely hates this thing and forcing it to Tera can help you a lot and make the rest of your opponent’s team much less unpredictable.

:Kingambit:
Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Tera Blast

Kingambit does exactly what you expect it to: Act as the ultimate revenge-killing insurance for your team if you let too many of your mons die. Powerful, bulky, Sucker Punch and screwing over its Fighting-type “checks” with the ability to casually turn into a Fairy. For EVs and Nature, 16 HP EVs for slightly more bulk, Adamant 252 Attack to maximize power and 240 Speed to outspeed the slower defensive mons and outpace most other Kingambits. Leftovers to keep it alive longer. Tera Fairy for the already outlined reason of annoying Fighting types.

Ok, moveset, you know what it does already lmao. Swords Dance for setting up, Sucker Punch for powerful STAB priority, Kowtow Kleave as Dark-type STAB for whenever you predict that your opponent isn’t gonna attack (or simply just for flexing your bulk) and Tera Blast for when you decide you want Kingambit to be a Fairy-type and completely nuke Great Tusk, Zamazenta and Iron Valiant. Speaking of Iron Valiant…

:Iron-Valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Encore

The team’s primary form of speed control that also serves as a powerful Special sweeper. Puts even more pressure on Corviknight, Dondozo and other common defensive mons and helps in revenge-killing opposing Valiants, Ogerpons, Iron Moths, Zamazentas, Great Tusks, Kingambits and any Dragon types coming your way. For EVs and Nature, Timid with max Special Attack and Speed to hit as hard as possible while activating a Booster Energy speed boost, Booster Energy to make Valiant fast as possible. 4 extra EVs in Special Defense (it needs it lmao). Tera Electric boosts Thunderbolt’s power, helps resist Zapdos’ Hurricane and the occasional Corviknight Brave Bird and allows you to eat Gholdengo’s Make It Rain better.

Calm Mind allows Valiant to set up on anything slower or more passive while patching up its weak Special Defense. Moonblast is your go-to spammable STAB. Thunderbolt helps against almost other threats and can screw over opponents with the occasional 10% Paralysis chance. Encore is there for the same reasons I put it on Alolatales and Waterpon. Yeah, triple Encore, triple the nightmare for your opponent.

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock

It’s Air Balloon Gholdengo. Helps to keep Screens up versus Corviknight, checks opposing Iron Valiant and Great Tusk well, helps break the more annoying stall teams down, spams Shadow Ball and Nasty Plot a lot. Max Special Attack and Max Speed to make the best offensively-oriented use of it with Air Balloon to blank Great Tusk and mono-attacking Gliscor sets, 4 extra SpD to maybe survive an opposing Shadow Ball (and I had nowhere else to put that anyway). Tera Fairy to make it harder for Kingambit to do its usual Kingambit things and to make sure that Great Tusk and Zamazenta can’t even cripple you with Knock Off or Crunch. It also turns Dazzling Gleam into a spammable STAB move just to hurt those two a lot more and again, neutrally hit Kingambit hard.

Nasty Plot helps break through annoyingly durable walls going around such as Ting-Lu and Toxapex and helps secure KOs on things you’re not totally sure about. Shadow Ball’s your go-to spammable STAB for hitting opposing Ghosts and most other stuff hard, not much else to say regarding that. Dazzling Gleam helps against Dark types like the aformentioend Ting-Lu and Kingambit and hits Fighting types that much harder, especially with Tera. Psyshock nails Clodsire and Blissey to keep them from hard-checking you.

And now, the flagship member of the team, the one I probably should have put at the top of the team so I could cover it first…

:Gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Dual Wingbeat

Finally, Double Dance Gliscor… Now, to reiterate some points from my original post and answer the main question you might be asking: “Why would you even Double Dance Gliscor compared to other physical set-up sweepers?”

Well…

• Thanks to Poison Heal and its Ground/Flying typing, it ignores Sticky Web AND the both of Spikes and Stealth Rock. This allows it to easily claim more opportunities to switch in and set up.
  • Gliscor has an amazing defensive profile with great overall bulk, one of the best defensive typings in the game and Poison Heal to give it great passive recovery AND pseudo-status immunity at the same time. This benefits it quite a lot offensively (especially behind screens) as it’s scarily hard to kill after setting up, Will-O-Wisp and Paralysis do nothing to cripple it after it triggers Toxic Orb and the only priority capable of reliably dealing with it is Ice Shard. After Tera Flying, this becomes less of a problem for Gliscor and even more of a problem for your opponent.
  • Poison Heal also helps neutralize Garganacl’s Salt Cure.
  • Ground/Flying is an extremely potent STAB combination using both Earthquake and even Dual Wingbeat, which becomes terrifying after activating Tera Flying. The only things it can’t hit for at least neutral damage are Corviknight, Rotom-Wash, Magnezone and Zapdos. Dual Wingbeat also helps in breaking through Substitute, Focus Sash, Dragonite’s Multiscale and Ogerpon-Cornerstone’s Sturdy to force KOs easier. At 3+ with Tera Flying, it even OHKOs offensive Dragonite (I’ll get to the calcs eventually).
  • You could even opt for Tera Water to transform your weaknesses to Ice and Water into resists and become a complete headache for the two people who realized Weavile is actually kinda solid in OU and wanted to try it out for pressuring the usual defensive Gliscor.
  • And of course, the element of surprise thrives with this set. Misplays are much easier to force your opponent to make as the most common Gliscor variants they will be trying to play around are the defensive ones and the more, uhh, normal offensive variants (Swords Dance + Facade or Knock Off). This commonly generates a free turn or two for Gliscor to set up a Swords Dance and Agility to start getting to work.
As for EVs and Nature, maxed out Attack gives Gliscor as much power as possible to work with. 192 Speed EVs allow Gliscor to outspeed Booster Energy Iron Valiant after a single Agility. The only thing remaining in OU that outspeeds this is Sneasler after Unburden triggers, and it’s not like Sneasler really wants to have to stay in on something like this anyways. I allotted the 64 remaining EVs to HP to give Gliscor a bit of extra bulk. It’s a bulky Poison Heal Pokémon so Toxic Orb is mandatory for it. Tera Flying to dampen Gliscor’s Ice weakness, get rid of its Water weakness, become outright resistant to Grass and most importantly boost Dual Wingbeat’s power.

Swords Dance boosts Gliscor’s attack to threaten things easier, straightforward. Agility boosts Gliscor’s speed to outrun Booster Energy Iron Valiant, make your opponent do a double-take and immediately panic out of fear of what will be coming next for them and their team. Earthquake… Is Earthquake. 100 BP spammable STAB. Dual Wingbeat is the highlight move here, eliminating the Ogerpons and Rillabooms desperate to kill Gliscor easily. Speaking of Ogerpon, it matches up pretty well into Ogerpon-Cornerstone through breaking its Sturdy to stop it from potentially revenge-killing or chunking down Gliscor too much. Focus Sash users such as Ceruledge and Focus Sash leads also hate taking boosted Dual Wingbeat to the face. Substitute users also don’t like this move. Arguably the most unfortunate victim of this move is Dragonite, who can be OHKO’d by the move at 3+ with Tera Flying.

VS Dragonite:
+2 252+ Atk Gliscor Dual Wingbeat (2 hits) vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 181-216 (50.4 - 60.1%) -- approx. 2HKO
+3 252+ Atk Tera Flying Gliscor Dual Wingbeat (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 303-357 (93.8 - 110.5%) -- approx. 62.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 121-143 (39.4 - 46.5%) -- 85.9% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal
+2 252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 162-191 (52.7 - 62.2%) -- 72.7% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

VS Ogerpon-Cornerstone:
+2 252+ Atk Gliscor Dual Wingbeat (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Ogerpon-Cornerstone: 266-314 (88.3 - 104.3%) -- approx. 25% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Cornerstone Mask Ogerpon-Cornerstone Power Whip vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 184-217 (59.9 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
+2 252+ Atk Tera Flying Gliscor Dual Wingbeat (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Ogerpon-Cornerstone: 356-420 (118.2 - 139.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Cornerstone Mask Ogerpon-Cornerstone Power Whip vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Tera Flying Gliscor: 92-108 (29.9 - 35.1%) -- 1.7% chance to 4HKO after Poison Heal

VS Air Balloon Gholdengo:
+2 252+ Atk Gliscor Dual Wingbeat (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 120-144 (38 - 45.7%) -- approx. 3HKO
252 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 253-298 (82.4 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
+2 252+ Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: lol (Guaranteed OHKO)

VS Kingambit:
252+ Atk Black Glasses Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 192-226 (62.5 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

That’s right. Even without Screens getting in its way, a Black Glasses maximum Supreme Overlord boosted Sucker Punch can’t reliably revenge-kill Gliscor.

+2 252+ Atk Tera Flying Gliscor Earthquake vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Kingambit: 246-291 (61.5 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Tera Flying Gliscor Dual Wingbeat (2 hits) vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Tera Flying Kingambit: 268-316 (67 - 79%) -- approx. 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Not even by bullshitting its way into becoming a bird can bulky Kingambit avoid a 2HKO from a well-predicted Gliscor.

Keep in mind that Gliscor’s defensive feats are boosted even further by Aurora Veil, making it even harder to kill.

Major Threats To Keep In Mind:
Despite the terrifying sweeping efficiency of Double Dance Gliscor, there are some major threats that can hold the team back.

:Clefable: - Unaware sets (whether Stored Power or Calm Mind) can put this team in a chokehold if you don’t play right. Iron Moth in place of Iron Valiant or Gholdengo can alleviate this, but once Clefable gets going it’s gonna be hard to stop.

:Dondozo: - No Physical attacker that isn’t a super-effective nuke or Mold Breaker user hates dealing with this thing, same goes for Double Dance Gliscor. Its teammates cover for it, but make sure Dondozo’s team doesn’t wear all your counters to it down before they can do anything. Eliminate the funny fish first before letting Gliscor start its sweep.

:Corviknight: + :Rocky-Helmet: - If not running an Max Def set, Iron Defense/Bulk Up set OR Rocky Helmet set, Gliscor uses it as setup fodder. If it’s using any of those sets I just mentioned (the actually good sets for Corviknight at the moment), then Gliscor is worn down quite a bit by it or even outright hard-walled. Again, rest of the team handles it well so not that big of an issue, so make sure to eliminate Corviknight if you come across it.

:Gholdengo:-:Air-Balloon: + :Cinderace: - This duo in is annoying to deal with overall unless you go Tera Water on Ninetales. Cinderace takes away screens for itself and Gholdengo clicks Make It Rain to chunk Gliscor down and KO Ninetales. I’d say before trying to set up a sweep with Gliscor you should try to pop Ghold’s Air Balloon, cripple/eliminate Cinderace and try to proc Toxic Orb as quickly as possible to avoid Will-O-Wisp burns. Gliscor can come back in later anyways to set up as it can afford switching in multiple times. Maybe even Tera Water your Ninetales-A as suggested earlier to resist the Fire+Steel STAB spam if you need to.

:Pelipper:/:Politoed: + :Basculegion-F: + :Basculegion: + :Floatzel: + :Zapdos: + :Scizor: - Rain teams are almost a hard-counter to this team if your Waterpon dies early. The only way of beating them otherwise is by using Tera-Flying on Gliscor and getting 2 free turns to use Agility so you can hopefully outspeed Floatzel and kill it (Although Zapdos can casually revenge-kill at this point). This and Sun teams are the reasons for why I replaced Hypnosis on Ninetales-A in the old version of the team with Snowscape.

:Torkoal: - For pretty much all of the same reasons as Rain, although slightly more manageable.

Replays:

Most Importantly, The Team Link (with the nicknames I used too!):
https://pokepast.es/0f0bddd46d582fc3

I absolutely love running this team and have had so much fun with Double Dance Gliscor. It is scary-good HEAT. It really shouldn’t work as well as it does, but regardless it still does.

Unfortunately, Gliscor is being suspected atm which makes this a bit of bad timing. Hopefully Gliscor doesn’t get banned and even if it does, hopefully it comes back so that I didn’t just make this RMT for no reason lol. In the worst case scenario, just replace Gliscor with Dual Wingbeat Salamence. I’m probably heading to bed now, so have a gn and have fun with some offensive ScorSweeps for as long as it stays in the tier!

Last edited:
Great team, I've noticed that you have a pretty high ground weakness, Ting-Lu, if broken through could be a potential threat to your team, it's typing is harmful to gholdengo, an Assault vest set could potentially be a weakness, runiation, earthquake, if not dealt with it could harm your team. I suggest using dragonite, corviknight, or great tusk to remove your opposing gliscors spikes and hazards. Ting-Lu + Clefable could be bad for your team.

Great team, I've noticed that you have a pretty high ground weakness, Ting-Lu, if broken through could be a potential threat to your team, it's typing is harmful to gholdengo, an Assault vest set could potentially be a weakness, runiation, earthquake, if not dealt with it could harm your team. I suggest using dragonite, corviknight, or great tusk to remove your opposing gliscors spikes and hazards. Ting-Lu + Clefable could be bad for your team.
Yeah, I get that Ting-Lu can be a problem for the team. Being extremely bulky with Whirlwind and hazards can weaken the team, but I find that Gliscor, Ogerpon-W and Air Balloon Gholdengo help to take advantage of Ting-Lu’s passivity and set up on it to eliminate it, with Gholdengo in particular just being outright immune to whirlwind. I agree that Ting-Lu and Unaware Clefable are a really annoying combo to deal with though, so you need to play carefully with Encore to help in that matchup.

Have you tried scale shot over agility? It does mean that your a bit less passive while setting up, potentially getting extra damage to KO and get a speed boost.

Although this will only give you +1, is blocked by fairies, and can miss

PS: if you want to go all in with this idea,go dice , or even something like wide lens to also help dual wingbeat

Have you tried scale shot over agility? It does mean that your a bit less passive while setting up, potentially getting extra damage to KO and get a speed boost.

Although this will only give you +1, is blocked by fairies, and can miss

PS: if you want to go all in with this idea,go dice , or even something like wide lens to also help dual wingbeat
Thing about Scale Shot is… The downsides you just listed and that it drops Defense once used. The point of Double Dance is that it’s a bulky, hard-to-revenge-kill sweeper/wincon.

Also, here’s a quick shitpost before the Gliscor suspect ends and it becomes completely irrelevant if Gliscor gets banned:
IMG_3968.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)