SV OU Double Dance Gliscor Aurora Veil Hyper Offense V2

Team Introduction:

Since Gliscor’s ban / before DLC 2, I haven’t played all that much with Veil teams besides occasionally using Dual Wingbeat Salamence in place of my usual Double Dance Gliscor. Now that Gliscor (and a couple other former banned Pokémon) is back and some brand new mons have been introduced, I updated my original team to better fit the current meta! I haven’t actively tried going for a new peak yet, but I just wanted to see what you all think of my revamped version of the team. Again, shout-out to spiderkitty410 on PS! for giving me the original idea of running Double Dance Gliscor.

Link to RMT for the original Pre-Gliscor-Ban version of the team for those that can’t access parsed links:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...creens-hyper-offense-peaked-1795-elo.3730711/

:Ninetales-Alola:
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Snowscape
- Encore

Same reliable Screens/Veil setter as usual. Max HP for maximizing bulk, Max Speed to set Veil as fast as possible and 4 EVs thrown in SpA.

As for the moveset, Aurora Veil to, well, set Veil. Freeze-Dry as reliable STAB that neutrally hits a lot and forces damage onto Water types. Snowscape is a huge help against Sun, Rain (which have both become even more popular with the additions of Gouging Fire, Raging Bolt and Archaludon) and the occasional Tyranitar/Hippowdon that show up to prevent them from setting their teammates up and allow you to actually use Aurora Veil. Encore is great for punishing more passive Pokémon such as defensive Gliscor and Skarmory, and locking slower offensive Pokémon into their setup or utility moves like Dragonite, Kingambit and Heatran, giving your teammates good switch-in opportunities.

:Volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 72 Def / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Tera Blast

Volcarona’s finally back and it does the exact same thing it did before: Spam Quiver Dance and sweep any team not running an already-Tera’d Skeledirge or Unaware Clodsire. I replaced Gholdengo with Volc due to Quiver Dance, better SpA, higher Speed and overall better fit on Hyper Offense. EV wise, Max SpA on a Timid nature to hit hard, 184 Speed EVs to outspeed Jolly Gouging Fire and the occasional Landorus-T that pops up and 72 Def EVs to live Knock Off and Earthquake better to give it more chances at punishing physical hits with Flame Body, especially when behind Veil. Heavy Duty Boots cause you’re not gonna run something 4x weak to Stealth Rock without that item at this point.

Quiver Dance for setup, Fiery Dance to have a chance at getting even stronger just by spamming reliable Fire STAB, Bug Buzz to hit Roaring Moon, Ting-Lu, the occasional Psychic type (Latias/Latios before Tera) and Tera Grass Heatran, and Tera Ground Tera Blast to hit the Fire types that Volc usually doesn’t like dealing with like pre-Tera Heatran, Iron Moth and Skeledirge. Tera Ground also prevents desperate attempts at revenge killing it from Raging Bolt (while also nuking it), preventing Paralysis attempts from Zapdos and Slowking-G (also nukes this) and ofc gives you STAB Ground-type Tera Blast to abuse.

:Iron-Boulder:
Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mighty Cleave
- Earthquake
- Taunt

This guy replaces Waterpon/Wellspring as a fast, potential wincon and early-game wallbreaker with actually good Rock STAB. But thanks to Taunt, it can also serve as a potent anti-lead (more on that after). 252 Atk for power, 4 extra defense for a slightly better chance at living Sucker Punch and Grassy Glide (which it won’t if you don’t Tera, lol) and 252 Spe for, well, Speed.

Swords Dance for setup, the STAB Mighty Cleave + Earthquake combo for nearly unresisted coverage and Taunt as an extremely valuable utility option for shutting down your opponent’s leads and makes breaking walls/defensive pivots easier. Prevents Deoxys-S/Glimmora/Meowscarada from setting their hazards, Deoxys-S/Ninetales-A from setting their Screens/Veil and even makes it easier to break Skarmory/Corviknight/Skeledirge. It also helps that Boulder matches up very well into Torkoal/Pelipper and prevents them from using any utility they might be packing. Tera Fighting for resisting Sucker Punch (and that’s pretty much it).

:Kingambit:
Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Tera Blast

This thing is way too predictable but also does its job so well (way too well, why is this thing still in OU lmao) that predicting it won’t make it any less threatening. Bulky wallbreaker with strong STAB priority and Swords Dance. Also one of the best Tera abusers in the game thanks to both the defensive benefits and offensive benefits of the mechanic. Also really likes Veil. 16 HP for a little extra bulk, 252 Atk on Adamant for power, 240 Speed EVs for outspeeding most other Kingambit. Leftovers for longevity.

Swords Dance (setup), Sucker Punch (the good Dark STAB), Kowtow Cleave (the worse Dark STAB, but still much better than Night Slash), and Tera Blast (if you become a Fairy then you get to nuke Great Tusk).

:Latias:
Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Aura Sphere

Latias replaces Iron Valiant as the team’s “oh shit how do I stop this thing it got a setup move off” sweeper. The combination of its bulk and access to Stored Power allow the thing to become a nearly unstoppable sweeper behind Veil. 248 HP and 244 Def to maximize bulk and keep it alive for as long as possible and 16 Speed on Timid nature to outspeed Iron Boulder after an Agility. Tera Poison for resisting Fairy moves and Fighting moves.

Agility for outspeeding everything and making Stored Power hit harder, Calm Mind for patching up Special bulk and making Stored Power hit even harder, Stored Power for nuking everything and Aura Sphere for hitting Steel types (especially Kingambit).

And now for the core member of the team that has finally returned to OU…

:Gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Dual Wingbeat

It’s Double Dance Gliscor again! The RMT post for the original version of the team gives a longer explanation for why I chose to use Double Dance Gliscor, but I’ll give a brief explanation here again.

• Poison Heal and a Ground/Flying typing make chip damage from hazards a non-issue, with Gliscor being immune to all of them but Stealth Rock (Poison Heal sets off the damage anyways).
  • Gliscor has an amazing defensive profile with great overall bulk, one of the best defensive typings in the game and Poison Heal to give it great passive recovery AND pseudo-status immunity at the same time. The threat of Burn, Paralysis and Sleep don’t phase it once Toxic Orb has been activated.
  • Poison Heal also helps neutralize Garganacl’s Salt Cure.
  • Ground/Flying is an extremely potent STAB combination using both Earthquake and even Dual Wingbeat, which becomes terrifying after activating Tera Flying. The only things it can’t hit for at least neutral damage are Corviknight, Skarmory, Rotom-Wash, Magnezone and Zapdos.
  • You could even opt for Tera Water to transform your weaknesses to Ice and Water into resists.
  • And of course, the element of surprise thrives with this set. Misplays are much easier to force your opponent to make as the most common Gliscor variants they will be trying to play around are the defensive ones and the more, uhh, normal offensive variants (Swords Dance + Facade or Knock Off). This commonly generates a free turn or two for Gliscor to set up a Swords Dance and Agility to start getting to work.
52 HP to give a little extra bulk and also maximize Poison Heal, Adamant with Max Attack to get as much power out of it as possible, 12 SpD to give it a slightly better chance at eating most special hits and 192 Speed to outspeed Booster Energy Iron Valiant at +2 thanks to Agility. Tera Flying to dampen Gliscor’s Ice weakness, get rid of its Water weakness, become outright resistant to Grass (rip Rillaboom lol) and most importantly boost Dual Wingbeat’s power.

Swords Dance for Attack boosting, Agility for the coveted Speed boosting, Earthquake because it’s STAB Earthquake and Dual Wingbeat as a (hopefully it doesn’t miss) semi-reliable Flying STAB that can break Sash users and occasional Sturdy users like Rockpon/Cornerstone. Also great for nuking the Grass types like Rillaboom and Hydrapple and also punishing Tera Flying Kingambit / Raging Bolt on prediction for thinking they’re safe against Gliscor.

Major Threats To Keep In Mind:
Although a lot of weaknesses the original team had (Air Balloon Gholdengo + Cinderace combos, Unaware Clefable, Sun teams, Corviknight) can now be overwhelmed with how much offensive pressure the new members exert, there’s still a few lingering flaws.

:Pelipper: - Rain is still a major threat to this team, with Barraskewda being able to force damage onto it with Flip Turn pivoting and Archaludon/Kingdra/Walking Wake being powerful breakers in Rain. It can be played around with some smart Ninetales-A plays, but unlike Sun where you can turn their weather against them with Volcarona, Rain teams are keeping their advantage against you.

:Darkrai: + :Choice-Scarf: - Darkrai as a revenge killer matches up pretty well into the team and can effectively neutralize a sweeper in 1 turn with Trick. Doesn’t help that it outspeeds a Booster Energy Iron Boulder while it’s still holding the Scarf.

:Ting-Lu: / :Skarmory: / :Garchomp: / :Gouging-Fire: / :Archaludon: + Whirlwind/Dragon Tail - Phasing (especially from Ting-Lu) can force chip damage onto the team and disrupt it quite easily. Iron Boulder can prevent this with Taunt, but that’s practically the only thing on the team that stops Phasing that isn’t from the Dragons. Can be played around, but still very annoying to deal with.

VS Samurott-H Hyper Offense (:Samurott-Hisui: :Iron-Boulder: :Iron-Crown: :Raging Bolt: :Deoxys-Speed: :Great-Tusk:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2019967930-eg6n4sqnra6ock7h49kzk1zvlzndf0fpw

VS RillaRott Bulky Offense (:Samurott-Hisui: :Rillaboom: :Heatran: :Great-Tusk: :Kingambit: :Clefable:)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2021126723

VS Meowscarada + Skarmory Balance (:Gliscor: :Slowking-Galar: :Meowscarada: :Skarmory: :Volcarona: :Clefable:)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2021120250?p2

VS Archaludon + Barraskewda Semi-Rain (:Archaludon: :Barraskewda: :Pelipper: :Clodsire: :Weezing-Galar: :Meowscarada:)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2017376604

VS Iron Hands + Weavile Bulky Offense / Balance, although I’m not too sure which to classify this as (:Iron-Hands: :Weavile: :Ting-Lu: :Dragapult: :Skarmory: :Slowking-Galar:)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2020764833?p2

VS Gouging Fire + Zamazenta Webs (:Ribombee: :Gholdengo: :Zamazenta: :Gouging-Fire: :Dragonite: :Serperior:)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2020711986?p2

VS Liligant-H Sun (:Torkoal: :Walking-Wake: :Great-Tusk: :Kingambit: :Iron-Moth: :Liligant-Hisui:)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2018523149?p2

VS Triple Starter Grassy Terrain (:Primarina: :Rillaboom: :Skeledirge: :Corviknight: :Hawlucha: :Iron-Crown:)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2016198165

VS Deoxys-S Hyper Offense (:Deoxys-Speed: :Dragonite: :Iron-Treads: :Enamorus: :Gholdengo: :Iron-Valiant:)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2016116971?p2

VS Rockpon (Ogerpon-Cornerstone) Hyper Offense (:Iron-Boulder: :Ogerpon-Cornerstone: :Gholdengo: :Iron-Valiant: :Samurott-Hisui:)
(I forgot to put the link here lmao)

And here’s the Team Link, one with nicknames and one without nicknames!:
https://pokepast.es/11f5baeedb582bbc (Nicknames)
https://pokepast.es/2883c5a0cb5ea8a1 (No Names)

I’m really happy that Gliscor’s back in OU and happy to be using the terrifying Double Dance Gliscor yet again. Hope all of you have fun with the team and have a happy New Year!

Last edited:

Roller K

detached
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Double Dance Gliscor is a favorite of mine! I remember first learning about the set the hard way; someone using your set destroyed me (it may have been you or spiderkitty410 for all I know). I experimented with Double Dance a good amount, and while I leaned more toward Tera Normal + Facade or Tera Water/Dark + Knock Off personally, I still respect the original creation. The team is very optimized as is, and I have some minor changes that could help in occasional situations. Pokepaste is right below.

My version: :ninetales-alola: :volcarona: :iron-boulder: :kingambit: :latias: :gliscor:

Changes

1. Tera Flying > Fighting on :iron-boulder:: With Tera Flying, :ting-lu: goes from a huge pain for your team into set-up fodder for :iron-boulder:. You sacrifice resisting Sucker Punch from :kingambit: in exchange for Ground immunity and resisting Grassy Glide from :rillaboom:. I feel like you will get more use out of this tera.

2. Tera Water > Flying on :gliscor:: You mentioned the option of Tera Water briefly, and I think it's pretty necessary for rain matchups. Sure, you can resist hits from :barraskewda:/:kingdra: with Tera Water :ninetales-alola:, but both will either deal great damage to you or make the midground play and Flip Turn into :pelipper: or another threat. Under Veil, the only Pokemon that can take down Tera Water :gliscor: are :raging-bolt:/:archaludon:. If you haven't terastallized yet, then neither can do much to you, and you have time to set up and pressure them. It's not a surefire way to dismantle rain by any means, but it helps the matchup a lot. In particular, you do not need Tera Flying against :rillaboom: because :volcarona: destroys any variant of :rillaboom:. You just get free set-up with the moth, very epic.

3. EV Changes:
a. :ninetales-alola:: 248 HP will let you survive 4 rounds of Stealth Rock.
b. :kingambit:: 16 HP will not come into play nearly as much as 252 Speed. Being able to speed-tie opposing offensive :kingambit: is valuable.
c. :latias:: 24+ Speed will let you outspeed Choice Scarf :darkrai:; the 8 EVs are taken out of Defense.
d. :gliscor:: 208 Speed will let you outspeed +1 :roaring-moon:; the 16 EVs are taken out of Special Defense (12) and Attack (4).

As I said, these are small suggestions that do not fundamentally affect the team. However, they can help in some situations and potentially make the difference between a win and loss. I hope you consider these suggestions, and enjoy Wingbeating everyone on ladder! :gliscor: :gliscor: :gliscor:

Double Dance Gliscor is a favorite of mine! I remember first learning about the set the hard way; someone using your set destroyed me (it may have been you or spiderkitty410 for all I know). I experimented with Double Dance a good amount, and while I leaned more toward Tera Normal + Facade or Tera Water/Dark + Knock Off personally, I still respect the original creation. The team is very optimized as is, and I have some minor changes that could help in occasional situations. Pokepaste is right below.

My version: :ninetales-alola: :volcarona: :iron-boulder: :kingambit: :latias: :gliscor:

Changes

1. Tera Flying > Fighting on :iron-boulder:: With Tera Flying, :ting-lu: goes from a huge pain for your team into set-up fodder for :iron-boulder:. You sacrifice resisting Sucker Punch from :kingambit: in exchange for Ground immunity and resisting Grassy Glide from :rillaboom:. I feel like you will get more use out of this tera.

2. Tera Water > Flying on :gliscor:: You mentioned the option of Tera Water briefly, and I think it's pretty necessary for rain matchups. Sure, you can resist hits from :barraskewda:/:kingdra: with Tera Water :ninetales-alola:, but both will either deal great damage to you or make the midground play and Flip Turn into :pelipper: or another threat. Under Veil, the only Pokemon that can take down Tera Water :gliscor: are :raging-bolt:/:archaludon:. If you haven't terastallized yet, then neither can do much to you, and you have time to set up and pressure them. It's not a surefire way to dismantle rain by any means, but it helps the matchup a lot. In particular, you do not need Tera Flying against :rillaboom: because :volcarona: destroys any variant of :rillaboom:. You just get free set-up with the moth, very epic.

3. EV Changes:
a. :ninetales-alola:: 248 HP will let you survive 4 rounds of Stealth Rock.
b. :kingambit:: 16 HP will not come into play nearly as much as 252 Speed. Being able to speed-tie opposing offensive :kingambit: is valuable.
c. :latias:: 24+ Speed will let you outspeed Choice Scarf :darkrai:; the 8 EVs are taken out of Defense.
d. :gliscor:: 208 Speed will let you outspeed +1 :roaring-moon:; the 16 EVs are taken out of Special Defense (12) and Attack (4).

As I said, these are small suggestions that do not fundamentally affect the team. However, they can help in some situations and potentially make the difference between a win and loss. I hope you consider these suggestions, and enjoy Wingbeating everyone on ladder! :gliscor: :gliscor: :gliscor:
The Tera Flying on Boulder for taking advantage of Ting-Lu and Rillaboom is a pretty nice idea and the 248 EVs on Ninetales-A is pretty good to know. Thanks for the advice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)