DotA

I am a DotA player. This thread is relevant to my interests.

In celebration, I will tell you about the bug where Bloodseeker and Bane Elemental can gain EXP by killing their allies.

But then everyone already knows THAT bug.

Kill an ally with Bloodrage or Nightmare outside EXP range (best done with Pudge, Phoenix, etc) and you get exp. Possible to reach level 3 before creeps even spawn.

Bloodseeker is an effective early-game farmer, allowing him to scale smoothly into midgame. He has an 8-second silence, 80% damage buff, extremely effective chase skill, instant healing and a relatively short-cooldown ulti. This makes him an excellent hero hunter and can cripple the enemy team effectively early to late-mid game.

Because I am lazy to justify to anyone that Bane Elemental is a good hero:

baen is lulz he can nuke alot lul and he maek ppl zzzzzz and ohnoozzzzz!!!!11111one

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
bs is an average late game character at best, he can't really stand up to lycan / spectre / weaver and the like and his competitive viability, whilst certainly not at the bottom isn't top tier.

Bane is p good, and stands on about the same competitive grounds as bs, suffers from mediocre lane control due to high mana cost / cd and below average range. really good ganker though, stopped more easily in team fights.

Why are you looking at BS as a late game character? That's like building Vengeful Spirit as pure DPS, then complaining that it can't compare to Drow Ranger.

Bane Elemental has no mana problems from my experience. A single Soul Ring is sufficient for me to cast a full combo every two minutes with multiple Brain Saps inbetween.

urplayindemwrong

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
BS is a midgame carry with mediocre lategame transitional abilities. It's nothing like building VS as DPS because she is a ganker. You can't just say something is a lategame character, it's either a caster / dps / ganker / tank or a mix of the two. From a purely competitive aspect BS is straight up outclassed by lycan, who doesn't need much lane support as he can jungle, is much more powerful, and can push better. BS isn't bad in its own right though.

I'm talking about the lane control phase at levels 1-5, where access to items is lessened, and unless bane is soloing it's unlikely to have a soul ring.

don'tgivemethatsubtlesuperiorityshit

You can't say 'straight up outclassed', so such thing. BS does his thing with the instant healing, silence and Rupture mind-games, Lycan can capitalize on his superior DPS and pushing prowess. Two different hero hunters, and although BS is less competitively viable than Lycan due to today's metagame, BS can't be called, well, BS.

Courier says "Hi."

imadeapundidyouseethat

Outside of the laning phase/early game, BS is pretty bad. The problem is that he doesn't do either of his jobs (ganking/carrying) relatively well. I've never seen a BS become a good carry unless he's been dominating for the majority of the game. Sure, any hero could potentially carry in such a situation, but the biggest reason why I said this for BS is because it exemplifies what he needs to carry - to be way ahead of everyone. If you give equal farm to BS and any other carry, he'd lose straight up against that carry. He just needs so much more gold to stand a chance, and that's not reasonable. You could give yourself a damage boost with the silence, but then you'd leave an intel hero with access to all her spells. BS's spells are good against a full intell team, but if he tries to gank someone who doesn't rely on spells (or a DPS hero), his spells are pretty worthless. Rupture can be a really good spell for ganking, but because it lacks any sort of stun (or mini-stun) it's pretty easy to counter, and it's also pretty shitty in team fights.

Bane is a good hero, but it's range, mana costs, and cooldown for spells makes it atrocious for the laning phase.

i don't mean access in terms of buying ability, i mean gold.

captain kishi got most of it right, rupture isn't really easy to counter per se, but its effectiveness is harshly reduced if the target isn't isolate, thus its shittiness in teamfights.

furthermore, i CAN say straight up outclassed because, unlike pokemon, dota isn't very niche driven; bs is inferior to lycan, straight up, no bullshit. all those things you mentioned are just alternative methods of killing stuff / laning, lycan has more dps and doesn't need to lane because it jungles. i'll give you this thouhgh, if its a 'niche' thing you want from BS then it's his ability to completely fuck sand king / blink / ww users if used correctly and can single out a badly positioned opponent.

Okay, BS is BS. I'm just fond of him, aight?

Soul Ring isn't very expensive. Given that a courier has been purchased by an ally support, you have 603 gold to work with, more if you random. A RoR gives you decent lane-stay and you have enough for a Magic Stick and Ironwood. After that, it's roughly 3 waves of creeps before you can get that Soul Ring.

That's fine, but you're saying things that weren't true (i.e. BS being better than he actually is). Honestly I think BS is a fun hero to play, but in today's metagame there really isn't a spot for him.

As for Bane, getting Soul Ring doesn't change the fact that he has high mana costing spells with a low mana pool. It helps a little, but since he has such shitty farming ability, you'd better invest in something more worthwhile. I would go into it more, but Bane is probably one of my least favourite heroes (I find him really boring), and I'd end up just saying things for the sake of hating.

Bane early-game just needs a little farm, like an AB, and maybe a Point booster for the stats into a later agha (i know agha sucks you're just getting it because of the stats, and because you can upgrade it later), after that just get Necrobook/Guinsoo and every ulti is a kill, even if you get interrupted during your ulti you already put nightmare on a support and enfeeble on a carry, that's a lot and your ulti goes trough BKB so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)