Pending Don't reset the chosen ladder format upon refreshing

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Greetings!

Whenever I need to refresh the page, which can be when I disconnect, when I lag, when this happens, or for another reason, the default chosen ladder format gets reset to Gen 8 Random Battle. This is annoying when it happens in the middle of a laddering session, especially if the player refreshes while they're in a battle, said player's first idea is usually not to go check what their format selection is set to. I suggest to either always keep it to the last format played on the ladder, or, joining this suggestion, give the players a possibility to mark one or several tiers as favorite, so that the favorite format in question gets chosen again. If this isn't feasible, then maybe a /defaultladder command (you'll probably find a better name for it) with which players could choose what format to overwrite Gen 8 Randbats with, as their default. In that case, probably with a "/defaultladder last" option so that the default format is always the last one that was played on the ladder by the player. With such a command, it allows people to opt-out of this feature if they're more comfortable with Gen 8 Randbats being their default format.

Thanks for your time!

This is definitely annoying when it happens.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem a feasible way to implement this other than introducing a setting like "favorite" for metagame, or maybe a cookie I suppose that keeps track of the latest format played on ladder. Your suggestion is good if it could work, but I've noticed that when features like that and the new Friends are only accessible via commands, there's a large amount of people who end up having no idea about it.

Nevertheless I would be thrilled to not have to deal with accidental gen8randbats matches anymore. It would save me time, and thought, not having to remember that this is unfortunately a thing that happens.

I also agree with this. Maybe adding a tab or sub-category for favorite games. I was thinking even a way to add registered friends in case I refresh. A lot of the webpage and even desktop app feels temporary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)