Do you replay the games you've already beaten?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I used to do this all of time, but nowadays I can't replay a game i've beaten, even if its been years since i've last played it. There are some exceptions (Skyrim, Super Mario Galaxy, Earthbound, etc) but for the most part once i'm done with a game there's a good chance I won't replay it any time soon. I'm bringing this issue up now because I was thinking of getting the HD remasters of Jak 1-3, but I don't want bail halfway through the trilogy. (Getting past jak 1 seems like its going take some herculean level willpower for me)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I replay old games all the time. Just played through Ocarina of Time again, and I want to get Okami HD soon.

I replay games I've beaten all the time. Metroid, Pokemon, Borderlands, Halo, Black Ops, Super Mario World, Mario Kart, etc. If it's a really good game, i don't see why I'd quit playing just because I beat it one time.

Resident Evil 4. Own it on 3 systems (had 4, but lost my PS2 version) and love running through the game whenever I'm bored of a current play through of anything else.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Any Zelda game excluding Link to the Past, I've replayed. Mostly Twilight Princess, because it's such a good game. Skyward Sword had Hard Mode, so there's that.

It depends on how much I enjoyed the game and (sometimes) how quickly I would be able to beat it.

For several Kirby games, I usually have a blast playing through them and they're relatively short, so yeah, I'll go back to them sometimes. This happened for some of the older Mario games, too, and that's helped a lot by the diversity of the levels and the ability to select different ones easily (especially in World). The optional ways to play a game also factors in to this. Mega Man: either shoot through them normally for a couple of hours or try mixing up the order for the bosses. Pokemon? Maybe test out some new monsters in-game to compare them with my progress the first time, or to trade some Pokemon or items I want onto my main game.

Other times, though, there might be one reason or another to not go back to it. Maybe I didn't enjoy it for some reason, or maybe it just takes really long to play through. Perhaps I just rented the game or played at a friend's house and don't own it. Or maybe I'm just lazy and don't feel like playing them, even if I tell myself that I should try it again sometime (i.e. Bowser's Inside Story, Link's Awakening).

I still do, but not quite as frequently as I used to. I actually just replayed Jak 1 and got 100% on it for the first time, but haven't gotten around to Jak 2 yet. Also replayed Uncharted 2, and I beat Borderlands 2 like 4 different times because the game owns so much.

I really don't buy new games anymore, so I end up replaying my old games probably more than average. I've actually only bought three games since Oct. 2009 IIRC (God of War 3, Uncharted 3, and Borderlands 2), although I might be forgetting one.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
WoW PK Gaming what a fantastic thread, thank you for lighting up a forum.

I replay minesweeper on a regular basis, and I even replayed some pokemon games when those fancy remakes got made

I used to replay through my games all the time. Mario, Zelda, and an assortment of RPGs were the usual suspects. But, nowadays, I just don't have the time to, even if it's a great game. The last game I replayed was Pokemon HGSS just because it has good replay value, as it is with almost every main Pokemon game in the franchise(I couldn't bear to go through FRLG twice, but that is just me).

There are very very few games that I've beaten more than twice. My general reasoning for this is that I could use that time to play other games and thus have a more varied perspective, which in turns increases my appreciation of games I have played. For example, I didn't like FF7 that much when I actually played it, but looking back it avoided a lot of what I see as flaws in later PS1 JRPGs. I still repeat some games that only take a few hours tops, like Mega Man games.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
can't tell if srs or not...

on topic: yeah I love replaying older gen games (gamecube and anything else that came before that) but for some reason I can't seem to find motivation to replay newer games. They just don't captivate me like they used to, in fact I have barely finished any of the recent games I bought.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

I replay minesweeper on a regular basis, and I even replayed some pokemon games when those fancy remakes got made
Thank you, this is nice of you to say.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I find myself not replaying games because I would rather be beating a different one, and I want to maximize the goof off time I have. However, I do always do New Game+s--FFVII:CC, Tales of the World, and FFT:TWOL are the ones that come to mind. Doesn't help that they're pretty fun too.

I replay games I've beaten all the time. Metroid, Pokemon, Borderlands, Halo, Black Ops, Super Mario World, Mario Kart, etc. If it's a really good game, i don't see why I'd quit playing just because I beat it one time.
How did you replay Borderlands? I couldn't even stomach playing the second playthrough. Don't get me wrong, I love the game. Just not more than once.

How did you replay Borderlands? I couldn't even stomach playing the second playthrough. Don't get me wrong, I love the game. Just not more than once.
I still haven't finished Borderlands 2, since it just became repetitive along the way. Stupidly enough, I don't mind playing other FPSs for longer time (enjoying Black Ops 2 quite a bit at the moment), and I really like Borderlands, but I just lost the will to play. Maybe later.

Back on topic, yes, I replay old games. Especially on my GameCube and Wii, there is a lot that I replay. On my PS3, I think I have around 10 playthroughs of Skyrim, and I have many hours sunk into Black Ops as well. Problem is that I still have a lot to catch up on (BioShock, Arkham City, and probably a lot more), so I hardly have the time to replay the likes of Arkham Asylum and Uncharted. First world problems.

If I could just own one FPS, it would be Borderlands (whether 1 or 2 probably doesn't matter, they're both great). Good lord I could play that game forever.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
The only games I can remember actually replaying atm are Superstar Saga and multiple games in the Megaman X series. I've thought about replaying Battle Network 5 a few times but idk if I need ANOTHER distraction.

OH I'm not sure if replaying because of deletion reasons count but it's happened to me on a few occasions with games like Yellow Version and Twilight Princess.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I replay most my games. I've never sold a game, so I have all my N64 cartridges laying around that I play on a regular basis. Working through Kirby 64 and Super Mario RPG at the moment, in addition to some new games on my 3DS. Once I finish up the Paper Mario replay series, I'll probably replay both Galaxy games; those were a hoot.

But yeah, replaying games is a good time.

If it's exceptionally good, incredibly enjoyable, or has excellent replay value in the sense that I get little goodies or bonuses for having beaten once, then yes, I will. I have beaten The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess about 10 times, and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn about 6 or 7. Those games never get boring. Oh yeah, I've done the Legend of Zelda: WW about 3 or 4. It's by far my favorite Zelda. (Yeah, more than OcT)

That type of replayablility is really important to me in a game. There are lots of games that I go back and beat repeatedly, (Mass Effect series, Metal Gear Solid series, Star Ocean 2-3, several Final Fantasy titles, can you count what some of us do to Street Fighter or Tekken as "replaying the game"? I think everyone here has beaten a Pokemon game at least 300 times, tip of the iceberg.) but more recently I've been running into games that just get stale even before the first playthrough is done. (I'm looking at you, Borderlands.) If I don't want to go back and play the game again at some point after I'm done and still have fun doing it, then it ends up either collecting dust, or at Gamestop.

Alice

The worst taste in music
on rpgs i've replayed LOZ: link's awakening several times (I just love that game, so filled with nostalgia >_<), and maybe some others like super mario rpg (THE rpg) and many unfinished playthroughs of FFVI. Another one is Disgaea 3 because it has a shitload of endings XD.

I've also replayed things like Mega Man games and Advance wars lol -if hard mode counts as a replay XD-

But the games i replay the most are fighting and danmaku games lolololol

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Replays of Final Fantasy V and X (the former for the class system, not the plot, the latter for the great boss battles, especially in the battle arena).

Replays of the Super Mario game on the SNES and Ratchet and Clank on the PS2.

Do Starcarft matches count as replays? Heh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)