Ditto

it seems nice but I am unsure on how effective it will really be. Granted Ditto having a viable niche is something it did not really have before. It can make for a nice scout too
Its an all but guaranteed KO on something that uses Outrage. That alone should be worth considering. Not to mention it checks virtually anything capable of killing itself.

Emperor why the hell would you ever run Leftovers? Speed tying will just get you swept half the time. Choice Scarf lets you kill, and sometimes sweep.
Well, you never know.Leftovers would let it counter different Pokemon...Say Water Absorb Calm Mind Suicune.If it only has surf, then you could waste all it's PP.

I've been trying to figure out another way to use Ditto.I came up with these:

-Spinner/Spiker....Come into a Spiker/Spinner and set up your own hazards or just spin away.This will work because most spinners/spikers tend to focus on defense, meaning they can't really hurt themselves(example:Forretress,that Grass/Steel guy would need to carry a fire attack..not likely.Tentacruel also cant really hurt himself, and that Sp def helps..Skarmory).Though you might say his HP is too low, however like i said, you shouldn't be taking strong attacks anyways.Also note that some of these guys have HP around his.

This Ditto would switch into the opponents supporters and do what it was meant to do since Gen 1...Use the opponents strategy against them.

However,what if your opponent doesn't have these types of Pokemon in their team?Is Ditto a waste of space?No more than any other revenge killer that ends up going against a bunch of slow pokemon/stall.And even then, you can always fake a scarf with other items.

If however your opponent does have a stallish team, Ditto would be a spinner/spiker all in one Pokemon.

Notice how if Ditto is going against stall, he will be able to heal himself with their own moves.

I also see this other use for ditto:

-Lead with Focus Sash.

This will let you see their moves and strategy.If all the moves are pure attacks, than hes choiced.Focus Sash will also allow you 1 turn of setting up stealh rock/etc.If say, they are trying to set up something else that is not favorable, you attack.Pretty much any lead will get screwed up by this,since you got your sash..

Mutual Assured Destruction.

Assume one trainer, Red, is ready to sweep the opponent Blue's team. Blue takes a hit, sends out scarf Ditto for revenge.

What if- and here's where I blow your minds- Red takes a hit and sends out his own Scarf Ditto, who changes into his former sweeper only with a massive speed boost, and full Ditto-base health?

Of course, if Blue kept his Ditto in, he'd be screwed, so he'd switch out and throw away a pokemon to get his Ditto back in and outspeeding Red's. This would go back and forth until one of the two runs out of pokemon.

Yeah, something tells me Ditto might be banned from OU soon enough. Sure is Wobuffet in here.

What if- and here's where I blow your minds- Red takes a hit and sends out his own Scarf Ditto, who changes into his former sweeper only with a massive speed boost?
The second Ditto doesn't copy the Speed enhancement from the first Ditto's Choice Scarf. So it'd be a speed tie if both were running Scarf.

Yes it does.
No need to correct the blatantly misinformed. They'll learn the raw power of Scarf-Ditto soon enough...

...Yeah, you don't wanna mess with this guy.

As far as tiering goes, Ditto's definitely going to be in its own tier, because it's only as good as the Pokemon around it. At an NU level, it's NU-good; at a UU level, it's UU-good; and so on. The only thing that remains constant is its HP, which gets progressively worse as the tier level rises but has a negligible impact. It can play Ubers, but it won't be confined to Ubers alone.

^That's not how tiers work, there are lots of ou who could drop to uu without imbalancing it at all. If ditto is used enough to be ou, he will be ou.

The second Ditto doesn't copy the Speed enhancement from the first Ditto's Choice Scarf. So it'd be a speed tie if both were running Scarf.
This would still lead to a huge advantage given away based entirely on a coinflip. Whoever wins Ditto vs Ditto ends up with a speedy choiced full-Ditto-health sweeper, and whoever loses no longer has a revenge Ditto.

Although, we can't really be sure he wouldn't copy the speed enhancement in Gen V. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Ditto's SoulSilver Pokedex entry:

"Its transformation ability is perfect. However, if made to laugh, it can't maintain its disguise."

Quick! Someone test Tickle on a Ditto! >_>

Ditto has been one of my faves since Red version and I'm quite happy to hear he might be viable contender now.

Do we know ALL of this abilitie´s capabilities? I´m really happy about this new ability, because I love Ditto(altough it´s extremely hard to get a viable one, as you can´t breed it, for Wifi at least), but I still think that this abilitiy must have some drawbacks.

For one, the obvious item disadvantage. Ditto had it all the way to Generation V.
Next, it´s mediocre HP stat.

PP disadvantage is the third drawback. If the ability works like the move, Ditto will have 5 PP for all of its moves. No stallwars without switching and re-copying.

And last, with this ability it wouldn´t need to use Transform anymore. What if Ditto is actually like Zoroark except it transforms into his opponent? Then it would get a hit and be done for.

Yeahh, I'm wondering if all the effects of Ditto's ability have been revealed as well..

If you think about it, if that ability does all the work for Ditto..then why have Transform anymore? Lol, Who knows..maybe Non-damaging moves might effect the ability or something..if that was the case then Mischievous Heart Pokes could harm Ditto..

But honestly, it's all just opinion. I'm glad older generations are still getting love though.

I always thought the pink blob needed some love this change could be one of my favorite changes if it works how you guys are saying.

If you think about it, if that ability does all the work for Ditto..then why have Transform anymore?
Well, he has to learn at least one move anyway, and besides, he has to know it if he's Limber instead. It's just there from a design standpoint (since competitively, I don't think there's any reason to use Limber anymore).

Well, he has to learn at least one move anyway, and besides, he has to know it if he's Limber instead. It's just there from a design standpoint (since competitively, I don't think there's any reason to use Limber anymore).

Ohhh yesyes, I completely ignored the fact that Ditto still has Limber Lol.

Yeah you're right. I suppose all Transform will do now is just 'sit' there..being jealous of the ability version.

Ahahaha this is absolutely great. He can switch into ghost types and completely laugh off any attack they throw at him, and then just DESTROY. :/

Too bad metal powder/quick powder don't increase stats after transformation.

Like it, good counter to that new brokeass dragon. I see myself switching into gastro acid with this and RAGING

This is pretty meta-game breaking... Most Teams would probably throw ditto on board just to utilize it's extreme revenge killing potential. The only cure would be a team of pure stallers (i.e. Nattorei, Fortress, Skarm, Burukeru, Blissy, to name a few) or a team with no sweepers that can counter themselves... which would probably auto-lose to a mirror match... unless they use ditto.

that said: Oh hai thar Ditto. Wut u doin' being awesome nao?

Like it, good counter to that new brokeass dragon. I see myself switching into gastro acid with this and RAGING
I don't think Gastro Acid will undo the transformation if it's already taken place (much like it doesn't remove Speed Boost's, well, Speed boosts).

the thing is ditto, even if he works as prommised, is gonna be the second best reveger in the game. scarf shanderaa takes the cake. god, that pokemon is gonna broken.

But back to ditto. i still have some doubts that there isnt some catch somewhere, but if it does work, ditto will be a top tier revenger

Ahahaha this is absolutely great. He can switch into ghost types and completely laugh off any attack they throw at him, and then just DESTROY. :/

Too bad metal powder/quick powder don't increase stats after transformation.
Transform changes Ditto's type, so you'd have to think his new ability would too...

The great thing about Ditto is if you dare use a setup sweeper you'd better hope to your favorite God that you have something capable of revenging that sweeper +1 extra Speed.

Ditto is the only thing that keeps me from being afraid of Garchomp / Salamence / etc.
Honestly, did anyone ever think in their pokemon lifetime, that they would ever see this sentence and it actually have substanance?

Oh ya and throwing ditto out against a pokemon that has intimidate can surely be annoying.

Ditto @ Swimming Goggles
+Atk or SpAtk / -Def or another random Value
4 HP / 252 Atk or SpAtk / 252 Spe
Eccentric
~ Transform

Switch in any wather Pokémon and revenge without a scarf and free move choice :D

Thanks to its swimming goggles it gains the speed and accuracy boost in front of lets say Vaporeon without any sorrows to lose the speed tie

but we still dont know if swimming googles work before or after ditto's transformation :D

I'd assume the Goggles activate at the end of the turn. The problem with that is that if the opponent also switches, you've just lost your revenge killer. And what if Vaporeon has Swimming Goggles or Scarf itself (as unlikely as a Scarf Vaporeon is)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)