Invalid Deleting messages from chat & not allowing them to be un-hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello,

Today on Smogtours someone accidentally misclicked and posted a team in the lobby chat. A moderator cleared their messages from the chat, but after doing so there is still a parentheses phrase ("[#] lines from [user] hidden") that any user can click on to un-hide the message for themselves and view the supposedly "deleted"/hidden content.
Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 10.28.18 PM.png

I also remember this happening with a user's personal information during SCL, which is totally unacceptable -- it really should be possible to immediately make breaches of privacy like that inaccessible to the general public. Mods should be able to immediately delete or make unavailable accidental or malicious messages of this nature instead of just saying they are "hidden" but allowing any user to un-hide them. Can we change this? Thanks

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
Afaik, /cleartext does what you are asking for. The mod used /hidetext or the line version of it.

Regarding this, it would help mods discover this issue if the Hidetext message said "hidden" instead of "cleared". I'm unsure if there is a way for cleartext to override hidetext but that could be useful in cases like this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)