Defenders of Earth

"Every enemy they face takes them to a new level of power" ~Krillin

Introduction

I made this team several months ago after I first saw Special Landorus and decided to make a team around it. This team is very special to me because it's the first sand team that I actually enjoyed using and that actually worked for me in BW2 prior to me only being comfortable using rain teams in BW1. It's also very offensive which was different from my style of play previously being stall. It's a team that I enjoyed using for a while now and that has won me many battles. Having two scarfers for some reason surprises any opponents which gives me the element of surprise. Also HP Fire on Latios never failed to defeat those pesky steel types and was also for some reason uncommon at the time. Overall this is one of the teams I'm proud of and enjoyed using throughout the months.

I decided to go with a Dragonball Z theme for this RMT because it's one of my favorite anime that I enjoyed a lot and still do. With the new Battle of the Gods movie it's reeling me back in again. Every Z-Fighter is known for being one of the strongest fighters in the DBZ universe who are also the protectors of it. They always manage to win a battle even when it seems there's no hope of winning and I think this team does just the same. So I hope you enjoy me theme and team.

[youtube]jK1ID_FzumI[/youtube]

Team Building

After I saw Special Landorus I knew I had to use it so I decided to make a team around him.

|

I decided to try out Sand since I really wanted to try something new since my previous weather preference was Rain.

|
|

Jirachi has always been one of my favorite Pokemon and it's really a Pokemon that'll make some competitive players smash their computers so I decided to go with it.

|
|
|

Next I decided to go with something that could take Water attacks, mostly Pokemon like Politoed. I decided to go with Latios and not Latias because I needed more power.

|
|
|
|

Next I decided to go with Terrakion because I really needed something that was fast and powerful. I also lacked Physical power (Jirachi is nice but not as powerful) so Terrakion was my choice.

|
|
|
|
|

Last but not least, Rotom-W who really glues to team together. It takes down some few uncommon threats that could really hurt me team such as Gyarados, Metagross and other Pokemon.

At a Glance

Team in Detail

The Saiyan Prince Vegeta

Tyranitar - Leftovers
EV’s: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Sp.Def
Trait: Sand Stream - Careful Nature
-MOVESET-
-Crunch | -Pursuit | -Stone Edge |-Stealth Rock

I choose this Tyranitar set because it's a great special wall and any Latios/Latias that switch into it are goners. It can also survive a Focus Blast from Gengar if it doesn't have Life Orb and other threats. Defensive Politoeds and Ninetales can't touch Tyranitar. Even if they burn it, it still won't go down easily. Crunch is a powerful STAB move that can easily KO many Pokemon such as Latios/Latias, Gengar, Alakazam, Reuniclus, etc. Pursuit is also very useful since it's usually pretty obvious when your opponent is going to switch out allowing me to damage it before sending out another Pokemon. Now Stealth Rock is pretty self explanatory, helps prevent my opponent from switching out freely or hurting it each time he switches out. Now I choose Stone Edge to hurt Levitaters or Flying type Pokemon. Volcarona can also be a pain for my team but Stone Edge always OHKO's. Overall this is probably my favorite Tyranitar, being offensive and at the same time, defensive.

Half Blooded Saiyan Gohan

Landorus - Life Orb
EV’s: 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
Trait: Sheer Force - Timid Nature
-MOVESET-
-Earth Power | -Focus Blast | -Psychic | -HP Ice

Now I went with four attacks Special Landorus because Psychic is such an underrated move on Landorus. It easily deals with Fighting type Pokemon that would hurt my team badly like Conkeldurr, also allowing me to OHKO Gengar, Breloom, Venusaur, etc with it. Earth Power is a very powerful move, with Sheer Force taking in the recoil damage I can easily spam this all I want with no consequence. Before Special Lando was commun, people used to switch into Forretress all the time expecting Earthquake but they were all surprised when Earth Power took them out. Focus Blast is a move I tend not to rely on since it usually fails me most of the time but when it does hit, it does some serious damage. It allows me to damage Skarmory, which is good since if Latios and Rotom-W are out of the picture, I can take it out with that. It also does a lot of damage to Blissey, doing about 33% each attack IIRC. HP Ice is used for those pesky Dragons Pokemon. Definitely my favorite Lando set.

Trunks The Savior of the Future

Jirachi - Choice Scarf
EV’s: 252 Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spe
Trait: Serene Grace - Jolly Nature
-MOVESET-
-Iron Head | -U-Turn | -Ice Punch | -Fire Punch

I really love this Jirachi set because of its movepool and speed. Iron Head is a really great move that grants you 60% to flinch upon using it. I'll admit, it's not always reliable but it comes in handy when you really need it. U-Turn grants me momentum when I know you opponent is going to switch out which really helps me. It's also a good move against Latios since Latios can't really touch it unless it predicts me switching into it by using HP Fire. It can also take special attacks well which I really like about Jirachi. Ice Punch is really handy. Whenever I face a Dragon, I make sure I have Sand up. Most of the times my opponent will use Dragon Dance on a Pokemon like Dragonite, so I predict this and go into Jirachi. Since Sand will hurt it, it takes away it's Multiscale ability allowing me to OHKO it with Ice Punch. Fire Punch is for steel types such as Scizor. Scizor can be a real threat to me late game if Rotom-W is gone, and Fire Punch is really what saves my butt. Back when Genesect was OU, I would always lead with my Jirachi fully knowing that my opponent would lead with Genesect, allowing me to OHKO it with Fire Punch.

The Lower Class Saiyan Son Goku

Terrakion - Choice Scarf
EV’s: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Trait: Justified - Jolly Nature
-MOVESET-
-Close Combat | -Stone Edge | -Earthquake | -X-Scissor

My second scarfed user. His job is to revenge sweep or late game sweep. I count on its speed and power to take down a Pokemon. Close Combat is a very powerful STAB move does hits like a truck. Not even Skarmorys are safe from it. Stone Edge is used against Pokemon that resist Close Combat, like Gengar, Volcarona, Reuniclus, etc. Earthquake is sometimes mostly just a filler but can come in handy against Steel/Fire Pokemon. X-Scissor is used for Pokemon like Celebi, since not many Terrakion actually carry X-Scissor, I can always take it down with it.

The Namekian Warrior, Piccolo

Rotom-W - Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate - Timid Nature
-MOVESET-
-Hydro Pump | -Will-O-Wisp | -Volt-Switch | -Rest

I prefer this set than the normal Pain Split set because I'm really not good at predicting when to use Pain Split and I think this is a good set to bluff Scarf. Hydro Pump does a lot of damage and is used against Fire/Gound/Rock types that come at its way. I guess the main purpose of this Rotom is to will o wisp as many Physical Sweepers as possible. When people lead with Breloom, I use Will O Wisp since they mostly go for Spore and surprise when it wakes up. Depending on the situation I'll either stay in or switch out. Volt Switch helps me gain momentum and get rid of those pesky water type Pokemon like Politoed and Keldeo. Rest is used when Rotom-W is at low health. If I'm up against stall and my Rotom has a status problem, they always go for Protect to avoid being hit one last time by it but surprise when it gets full health thanks to Chesto.

Hope for the future, Gotenks

Latios - Life Orb
Trait: Levitate - Timid Nature
-MOVESET-
-Draco Meteor| -Recover | -HP Fire | -Psyshock

This guy is a really valuable part of my team. It's perfect for taking down Keldeo which can sweep me late game. It's mostly meant to take down Steel types like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Forretress to keep them from setting up hazards. Recover is to keep it alive as much as I can to keep dealing damage. Draco Meteor is my hit and run move. I always switch out since it takes away -2 Special Attack but it's worth it considering how hard Draco Meteor hits. It's also very fast which helps a lot. The only thing I don't like about Latios is how easily it dies at the hands of Tyranitar. Once it catches you, there's no hope.

Importable
HTML:
Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Closing Comments

Overall, I'm really proud of this team and it'll always be one of my best teams. I've come across some flaws that I would like to fix. Keldeo and Scizor can be a problem late game since it can sweep me if Rotom-W isnt around. Another problem is Lando-T. It's annoying because it U-Turns out a lot and it's Intimidate forces me to switch back out. I've used this team a lot, and it'll always be one of my good teams. I hope you enjoyed my RMT. Please rate and help me make this team better. Thanks!​

Hi there! Nice solid team (and nice layout btw), though in my opinion, do you really need Psychic on Landorus? If you could invest it instead on Substitute or Rock Polish, you could keep a sweeping momentum more. And tbh the only thing I see Psychic being useful with is having a safe move to use without overpredicting and taking out Gengar. But i'm sure if you face a Gengar with an RP Landorus, you'd know to watch out for it and wait for it to be taken out before trying out a sweep.

Ironically, I also see Rock Polish Landorus as a potential threat, especially when Rotom is out of the question and Latios as well. It can probably 2HKO Rotom and Latios as well, with HP Ice and Focus Blast. Another possible threat could be Scarf Jirachi as well (ironic again) especially with Zen Headbutt. And maybe you will see a problem with Rock Polish Landorus-T as well.

In conclusion, I see a solid team with little potholes (depending on the user of course) so nice job!

Hi there! Nice solid team (and nice layout btw), though in my opinion, do you really need Psychic on Landorus? If you could invest it instead on Substitute or Rock Polish, you could keep a sweeping momentum more. And tbh the only thing I see Psychic being useful with is having a safe move to use without overpredicting and taking out Gengar. But i'm sure if you face a Gengar with an RP Landorus, you'd know to watch out for it and wait for it to be taken out before trying out a sweep.

Ironically, I also see Rock Polish Landorus as a potential threat, especially when Rotom is out of the question and Latios as well. It can probably 2HKO Rotom and Latios as well, with HP Ice and Focus Blast. Another possible threat could be Scarf Jirachi as well (ironic again) especially with Zen Headbutt. And maybe you will see a problem with Rock Polish Landorus-T as well.

In conclusion, I see a solid team with little potholes (depending on the user of course) so nice job!
I've always liked Psychic more because it's safer to use if for example I come across lets say, Gyarados. Now my opponent doesn't actually have Gyarados out, instead he/she has Terrakion. Now since my opponent will most likely think I'm going to use Earth Power, and HP Ice and Focus can't damage it much, he'll think it's a safe choice. That's when I use Psychic since it'll hit both nicely. Thanks for the rate Giga!

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is an outstandingly solid team. It was really fun to rate; it handles most of the top tier threats well, and it was fun to ladder with. Now it's time to make it as good as it can be. :)

-As Giga said before, I don't think Psychic is necessary. Yes, it handles threats like Gengar and Fighting-types, but those aren't your biggest threats. And as much as you like Psychic, in the long run, U-Turn will keep the match on your side for you to control. Your biggest threats are Keldeo, Scizor, and opposing Landorus's, as you may already know. You need U-Turn to keep momentum. So I suggest U-Turn > Psychic.

-Adamant > Jolly on Jirachi.That extra speed is useful, but besides HP Celebi, I don't see how that extra speed will benefit your team. Jirachi, as a Choice Scarf, needs all the power it can get, and Adamant can provide that.

-I suggest a more Bulky EV spread on Rotom-W. It lets you handle your top three threats better, and will avoid wearing Rotom-W down as much as a full sweeping EV spread. Here is the spread I recommend: 232 HP / 56 SpA / 220 Spe It still maintains that offensive power on Rotom-W, and while it takes a minor speed drop, it can check other Pokemon much easier.

-Fire Blast > Stone Edge on T-Tar. As you mentioned, Scizor is a great weakness to your team, and Tyrantiar pretty much lures Scizor in. Fire Blast is an excellent way to check Scizor, as well as Magnezone and Ferrothorn. The loss of 1HKO'ing Volcarona stings, but it will do your team well in the end.
Also, to outspeed Scizor, I'd suggest an 252 HP / 202 SpD / 54 Spe EV spread on Tyranitar. Usually, Scizor doesn't run speed, and usually runs 8 Speed. (16 if the player speed creeps) so 54 speed on Tyranitar will rid of your team's biggest weakness. T-Tar gets +1 SpD anyways in Sand, so it's not that big of a loss.

-Surf > Hidden Power Fire on Latios. The main reason for HP Fire, I'd presume Scizor, and other Steels. Now that Tyranitar has those in the bag, Latios can run Surf, and handle opposing Tyranitar's that you have issues with, Volcarona, and even weakened Scizors. IIRC, Surf can 2HKO Tyranitar after Stealth Rock damage, and 2-3HKO Scizor as well, which is big.

-Finally, Replace Terrakion with Specially Defensive Jirachi. Having two Scarfers does have that surprise element, but it's redundant in certain situations, and Jirachi pretty much handles the same counters Terrakion does. Also, Celebi can now handle the rest of the problems in your team while preventing any more. He can check Keldeo and opposing Rain teams, and Rock Polish Landorus-I, as Giga said above. Here is the set I recommend:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 36 Spd / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Not only does it wall your two big threats, it can check Scizor as well, which is an added bonus. Specially Defensive to handle Special Attackers; it works like a cleric, healing your Pokemon when needed @ Heal Bell, as well as healing itself, with Recover. Giga Drain is STAB recovery, and HP Fire for more coverage.

That's all I have; it was very difficult to find threats to this team; it's so solid. Hopefully you will try the changes I suggested, and good luck! :)

Move Change: U-Turn > Psychic ---->

EV Change: 232 HP / 56 SpA / 220 Spe ---->

Nature Change: Adamant > Jolly ---->

Move & EV Change: Fire Blast > Stone Edge; 252 HP / 202 SpD / 54 Spe ---->

Move Change: Surf > Hidden Power Fire ---->

Pokemon Change:
>

Recap of New Set:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The biggest problem with this team is the massively used Tyranitar + Landorus sand offense teams. Tyranitar can Pursuit trap Latios and withstand any attack he throws at it. This opens the room for Rock Polish Landorus to go to work. It doesn't fear any of Choice Scarf Terrakion's moves meaning it can easily grab a Rock Polish on it and go to town. Offensive oriented rain teams can also be very annoying; constant Hydro Pump spamming under the rain is something not even your Rotom-W and Latios can easily brush off. Sure, you may have Rest on Rotom-W, but after the Chesto Berry has been used, being asleep for 2 turns can make a difference between something setting up. A Specially Defensive Rotom-W can work quite well in the place of your current variant. It can sponge vigorous water moves quite well and Landorus no longer has a chance to OHKO Rotom-W, while Rotom-W checks it back. Losing the power your current Rotom-W has may seem annoying, but you have two powerhouse special attackers in Latios and Landorus. Hope this suggestion patches up your weaknesses and the set is below.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

This is an outstandingly solid team. It was really fun to rate; it handles most of the top tier threats well, and it was fun to ladder with. Now it's time to make it as good as it can be. :)

-As Giga said before, I don't think Psychic is necessary. Yes, it handles threats like Gengar and Fighting-types, but those aren't your biggest threats. And as much as you like Psychic, in the long run, U-Turn will keep the match on your side for you to control. Your biggest threats are Keldeo, Scizor, and opposing Landorus's, as you may already know. You need U-Turn to keep momentum. So I suggest U-Turn > Psychic.

-Adamant > Jolly on Jirachi.That extra speed is useful, but besides HP Celebi, I don't see how that extra speed will benefit your team. Jirachi, as a Choice Scarf, needs all the power it can get, and Adamant can provide that.

-I suggest a more Bulky EV spread on Rotom-W. It lets you handle your top three threats better, and will avoid wearing Rotom-W down as much as a full sweeping EV spread. Here is the spread I recommend: 232 HP / 56 SpA / 220 Spe It still maintains that offensive power on Rotom-W, and while it takes a minor speed drop, it can check other Pokemon much easier.

-Fire Blast > Stone Edge on T-Tar. As you mentioned, Scizor is a great weakness to your team, and Tyrantiar pretty much lures Scizor in. Fire Blast is an excellent way to check Scizor, as well as Magnezone and Ferrothorn. The loss of 1HKO'ing Volcarona stings, but it will do your team well in the end.
Also, to outspeed Scizor, I'd suggest an 252 HP / 202 SpD / 54 Spe EV spread on Tyranitar. Usually, Scizor doesn't run speed, and usually runs 8 Speed. (16 if the player speed creeps) so 54 speed on Tyranitar will rid of your team's biggest weakness. T-Tar gets +1 SpD anyways in Sand, so it's not that big of a loss.

-Surf > Hidden Power Fire on Latios. The main reason for HP Fire, I'd presume Scizor, and other Steels. Now that Tyranitar has those in the bag, Latios can run Surf, and handle opposing Tyranitar's that you have issues with, Volcarona, and even weakened Scizors. IIRC, Surf can 2HKO Tyranitar after Stealth Rock damage, and 2-3HKO Scizor as well, which is big.

-Finally, Replace Terrakion with Specially Defensive Jirachi. Having two Scarfers does have that surprise element, but it's redundant in certain situations, and Jirachi pretty much handles the same counters Terrakion does. Also, Celebi can now handle the rest of the problems in your team while preventing any more. He can check Keldeo and opposing Rain teams, and Rock Polish Landorus-I, as Giga said above. Here is the set I recommend:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Not only does it wall your two big threats, it can check Scizor as well, which is an added bonus. Specially Defensive to handle Special Attackers; it works like a cleric, healing your Pokemon when needed @ Heal Bell, as well as healing itself, with Recover. Giga Drain is STAB recovery, and HP Fire for more coverage.

That's all I have; it was very difficult to find threats to this team; it's so solid. Hopefully you will try the changes I suggested, and good luck! :)

Move Change: U-Turn > Psychic ---->

EV Change: 232 HP / 56 SpA / 220 Spe ---->

Nature Change: Adamant > Jolly ---->

Move & EV Change: Fire Blast > Stone Edge; 252 HP / 202 SpD / 54 Spe ---->

Move Change: Surf > Hidden Power Fire ---->

Pokemon Change:
>

Recap of New Set:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Thanks for your rate. Celebi could work. The problem with Fire Blast on Tyranitar is that I'd have to overpredict the switch which can sometimes backfire. Surf would come in handy but if I'm up against the same Tyranitar set I use then it won't be enough to beat it. More Bulk on Rotom-W is something I will try since I do need it to live longer. I like the Celebi set, the only problem is that it has the same weakness and Latios. The Celebi sets I used to run mostly always have Baton Pass to safely switch out. Thanks for your rate, I will try your suggestions out and glad you liked the team.

The biggest problem with this team is the massively used Tyranitar + Landorus sand offense teams. Tyranitar can Pursuit trap Latios and withstand any attack he throws at it. This opens the room for Rock Polish Landorus to go to work. It doesn't fear any of Choice Scarf Terrakion's moves meaning it can easily grab a Rock Polish on it and go to town. Offensive oriented rain teams can also be very annoying; constant Hydro Pump spamming under the rain is something not even your Rotom-W and Latios can easily brush off. Sure, you may have Rest on Rotom-W, but after the Chesto Berry has been used, being asleep for 2 turns can make a difference between something setting up. A Specially Defensive Rotom-W can work quite well in the place of your current variant. It can sponge vigorous water moves quite well and Landorus no longer has a chance to OHKO Rotom-W, while Rotom-W checks it back. Losing the power your current Rotom-W has may seem annoying, but you have two powerhouse special attackers in Latios and Landorus. Hope this suggestion patches up your weaknesses and the set is below.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Thank's for the suggestion, I will try this out. Landorus is a problem for this team and that set would work well. Thanks!

Wow nice team...a lot of the stuff seem standard but synergy is amazing. No member needs to be changed (like the aboves mentioned ^^) only coverage moves i see being redundant. First of all u only fun hp fire on latios if u lack a way to kill scizor. Jirachi has fire punch and could tank a +6 bullet punch in the worst case scenario. If its worth the one point speed drop to you and u need it on latios, then change fire punch to zen headbutt on Jirachi. It deals with keldeo, who is a huge threat, and otherwise would wall jirachi to no end.
With this change now, u can remove psychic from landy and put rock polish... this gives u a great late game sweeper

Hey !

This is basically the standard Sand team nowadays, Landorus is usually paired with Tyranitar since it eliminates Landorus' most common check with Pursuit. Then, you're opt to play with 2 Choice Scarf users (this isn't bad though, 2 Choice Scarf users help you to revenge-kill fast threats more easily), and with Latios and Rotom-W which are your check to Rain teams, however, they're very common in this kind of team too.

Now, looking closely at your team, I found Rain teams can give some problems to you since your main check to this kind of team, which is Rotom-W, is running an Offensive EV spread so it'll die quite quickly during your battles (for example, it can't tank very well Keldeo and Politoed's Hydro Pump and Tornadus' Hurricane...). It's true that you have Latios which can switch into some Water-type attacks but it can't defende you from Rain teams alone of course since it can't tank strong Water-type attacks for all the battle. Therefore, you should try a different EV spread on your Rotom-W and a different nature too, I think that an EV spread of 248 HP / 32 SAtk / 228 SDef with a Calm nature should work fine on your team since it allows Rotom-W to switch into strong Water-type moves and to Tornadus' Hurricane more easily, in this way, Keldeo, Politoed and Tornadus aren't still a big problem for your team. If you want, on your Rotom-W you can try Thunder Wave instead of Will-O-Wisp, which would allow you to paralyze Keldeo, Tornadus and Volcarona, Latios and Latias too, obviously a paralysis on Keldeo and Tornadus (paralyze Volcarona and Latios isn't bad of course even if you can revenge-kill / eliminate them quite easily), is much better than a burn since with a paralysis you can revenge-kill both of them more easily later. I'm suggesting you to use Thunder Wave on your Rotom-W because it's generally a better move nowadays on Specially Defensive Rotom-W since Keldeo, Tornadus and Latios are everywhere nowadays and since it would help against Keldeo and Tornadus too, which are a threats for your team as I already said. If you decide to use Thunder Wave on Rotom-W you'll lose an useful Will-O-Wisp but I think that Tornadus and Keldeo are really bigger threats than any physical sweepers for your team so it's fine, try Thunder Wave on your Rotom-W and see how it works on your battles.

Another thing I'd consider is Rock Polish instead of Psychic on your Landorus, Rock Polish Landorus is one of the best sweeper in the current BW OU metagame right now and Rock Polish is really more useful than Psychic. For this simple reason, I suggest you to use Rock Polish instead of Psychic on your Landorus and see what happens. If you don't like it for some reason (even if I don't understand why someone wouldn't like Rock Polish, it's just op...), then, try U-Turn instead of Psychic which is a more useful move too since it allows you to hit for a really good damage Celebi, Latios and Latias which are the most common check for Landorus nowadays (it's true you have Tyranitar which can eliminate all of them easily but Celebi usually has Baton Pass to avoid Tyranitar and Scizor's Pursuit so you can't trap-kill it at 100% for example and you'll rarely Psychic anyway) and since it allows you to gain some momentum, which is always useful, too.

As last thing, you may try Rock Slide replacing Earthquake on your Terrakion which I found really useful against Dragonite, Volcarona and Salamence (I really hate miss a Stone Edge on this kind of setupper since if I miss a Stone Edge they can sweep my whole team later). Earthquake is just a filler move on Terrakion and you won't use it often (it's only useful against Tentacruel and Toxicroak but they aren't threats for your team so Terrakion can lack Earthquake without any problem in my humble opinion), so if you hate miss Stone Edge you may consider Rock Slide.

Good luck!

Wow nice team...a lot of the stuff seem standard but synergy is amazing. No member needs to be changed (like the aboves mentioned ^^) only coverage moves i see being redundant. First of all u only fun hp fire on latios if u lack a way to kill scizor. Jirachi has fire punch and could tank a +6 bullet punch in the worst case scenario. If its worth the one point speed drop to you and u need it on latios, then change fire punch to zen headbutt on Jirachi. It deals with keldeo, who is a huge threat, and otherwise would wall jirachi to no end.
With this change now, u can remove psychic from landy and put rock polish... this gives u a great late game sweeper
I will try Zen Headbutt for those annoying Keldeos that can sweep me late game. HP Fire on Latios is very useful, takes care of many annoying steel types like Ferrothorn, Forretress, Scizor, Jirachi, etc, so I'm not sure if I'll change it unless I find another way to take care of those threats. The problem is that Scizor's U-Turn is something I can't take very well so it makes it harder to play around. Thanks for the rate!

Hey !

This is basically the standard Sand team nowadays, Landorus is usually paired with Tyranitar since it eliminates Landorus' most common check with Pursuit. Then, you're opt to play with 2 Choice Scarf users (this isn't bad though, 2 Choice Scarf users help you to revenge-kill fast threats more easily), and with Latios and Rotom-W which are your check to Rain teams, however, they're very common in this kind of team too.

Now, looking closely at your team, I found Rain teams can give some problems to you since your main check to this kind of team, which is Rotom-W, is running an Offensive EV spread so it'll die quite quickly during your battles (for example, it can't tank very well Keldeo and Politoed's Hydro Pump and Tornadus' Hurricane...). It's true that you have Latios which can switch into some Water-type attacks but it can't defende you from Rain teams alone of course since it can't tank strong Water-type attacks for all the battle. Therefore, you should try a different EV spread on your Rotom-W and a different nature too, I think that an EV spread of 248 HP / 32 SAtk / 228 SDef with a Calm nature should work fine on your team since it allows Rotom-W to switch into strong Water-type moves and to Tornadus' Hurricane more easily, in this way, Keldeo, Politoed and Tornadus aren't still a big problem for your team. If you want, on your Rotom-W you can try Thunder Wave instead of Will-O-Wisp, which would allow you to paralyze Keldeo, Tornadus and Volcarona, Latios and Latias too, obviously a paralysis on Keldeo and Tornadus (paralyze Volcarona and Latios isn't bad of course even if you can revenge-kill / eliminate them quite easily), is much better than a burn since with a paralysis you can revenge-kill both of them more easily later. I'm suggesting you to use Thunder Wave on your Rotom-W because it's generally a better move nowadays on Specially Defensive Rotom-W since Keldeo, Tornadus and Latios are everywhere nowadays and since it would help against Keldeo and Tornadus too, which are a threats for your team as I already said. If you decide to use Thunder Wave on Rotom-W you'll lose an useful Will-O-Wisp but I think that Tornadus and Keldeo are really bigger threats than any physical sweepers for your team so it's fine, try Thunder Wave on your Rotom-W and see how it works on your battles.

Another thing I'd consider is Rock Polish instead of Psychic on your Landorus, Rock Polish Landorus is one of the best sweeper in the current BW OU metagame right now and Rock Polish is really more useful than Psychic. For this simple reason, I suggest you to use Rock Polish instead of Psychic on your Landorus and see what happens. If you don't like it for some reason (even if I don't understand why someone wouldn't like Rock Polish, it's just op...), then, try U-Turn instead of Psychic which is a more useful move too since it allows you to hit for a really good damage Celebi, Latios and Latias which are the most common check for Landorus nowadays (it's true you have Tyranitar which can eliminate all of them easily but Celebi usually has Baton Pass to avoid Tyranitar and Scizor's Pursuit so you can't trap-kill it at 100% for example and you'll rarely Psychic anyway) and since it allows you to gain some momentum, which is always useful, too.

As last thing, you may try Rock Slide replacing Earthquake on your Terrakion which I found really useful against Dragonite, Volcarona and Salamence (I really hate miss a Stone Edge on this kind of setupper since if I miss a Stone Edge they can sweep my whole team later). Earthquake is just a filler move on Terrakion and you won't use it often (it's only useful against Tentacruel and Toxicroak but they aren't threats for your team so Terrakion can lack Earthquake without any problem in my humble opinion), so if you hate miss Stone Edge you may consider Rock Slide.

Good luck!
Haha, at the time I made this team, there weren't many like mine so the element of surprise really helped. Now there are many teams like mine which is kinda disappointing.

Sp.Def Rotom has been suggested to me a lot and I will try it out, and you're right, I can't really take attacks from Specs Politoed, it 2HKO's my current Rotom and 3HKO's my Latios so when I'm facing rain teams I do my best to keep Latios alive. T-Wave could be very useful, I'll try it out but Will o Wisp is something that does come in handy, especially for Scizors, Tyranitars, Terrakion, etc. I will try it out and see how it goes.

So far everyone has been suggesting Rock Polish on Landorus instead of Psychic, so I'll try it out, hopefully I won't need Psychic too much.

As for Terrakion, you're right, Earthquake really doesn't do much, I just have as a filler. Rock Slide would be more safer to use than Stone Edge, especially when a Volcarona could sweep me if Stone Edge would miss.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Gimmick

Electric potential
Hey there!

I just wanted to mention a couple things that could really optimize the performance of this team. Firstly, I disagree with all the mentions of SDef Rotom-W because it doesn't really alleviate your underlying problem against rain teams--Scarf Keldeo. Scarf Keldeo, in rain, can OHKO all 4 of your non-resists and 2HKO both of your resists after Stealth Rock. Although SDef Rotom-W does resist Water and has respectable bulk, it doesn't exactly have reliable recovery and does not resist Keldeo's other STAB (nor does it invest in Def). Timid Rotom-W is also excellent for Will-O-Wisping even Jolly Toxicroak to prevent it from sweeping your team (which it can do at +2 with prior damage on Jirachi and Landorus). This is because I recommend taking Alexander's suggestion of Rock Slide over EQ on Terrakion for that extra insurance against Volcarona, because 20% of those battles that you miss will lead you into getting swept. Without EQ on Terrakion, Toxicroak will be more difficult to deal with, and without a Timid Rotom-W, you lose all ways to deal with it. Anyway, back to Scarf Keldeo. To handle Keldeo + Rain, Sun, (Venusaur is very problematic), and add a solid defensive pivot, try out a defensive Latias over Laitos. They perform very similar roles and the only thing you lose is a hard hitting Dragon STAB that isn't really performing a specific role for your team. Defensively speaking, Latias handles several threats and typing, from water to fighting, which is very necessary to get your other offensive Pokes in. You end up with a solid switch into Scarf Keldeo both defensively and offensively since Psyshock naturally scares it away, allowing you to grab free Recovers. It doesn't just stop at Keldeo, though. It can tank attacks from Venusaur, Landorus (Rotom-W is 2HKO'd by Focus Blast; Latios is 2HKO'd by HP Ice, everything else is OHKO'd), Thundurus-T (agility variants can plow through your team since everything is OHKO'd/2HKO'd), etc., all while supplying you with utility of your choice. Here's a general skeleton of a set:
(F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Utility - Reflect Type / Calm Mind / Refresh / Psycho Shift

I know this looks like a pretty odd set, but you really should have Psyshock for the several fighting types that plague your team. It's just reliable and has really useful coverage in BW2, especially for this team. Now, Draco Meteor vs Dragon pulse is an interesting debate because support Latias is already so weak--having a harder hitting move is probably a good idea and can even feign an offensive set if it takes something out. If you go with Calm Mind, though, definitely stay with Dragon Pulse. Reflect Type makes sure Landorus/Keldeo + TTar teams won't screw you over and can defend quite nicely against Scizor. Calm Mind turns Latias into a more offensively oriented Poke, but I don't think your team really needs that considering Latias is acting as a defensive pivot. Refresh and Psycho Shift keep status off since Scald burns or Tentacruel Toxics can really wear it down. Whichever scenario you are more afraid of should correspond to your 4th slot move choice. I'd personally go with Reflect Type since you really do rely on Latias to fend off both Keldeo and Landorus.

Next, I'd like to change one more thing before I make my final suggestion, and that is using a Chople Berry on your TTar. Chople Berry comes in handy in so many situations. Most importantly, it allows you to very reliably Pursuit trap Gengar since Focus Blast has absolutely no chance of taking you out even after some considerable damage. It also works pretty well against opposing Sheer Force Landorus who expect to OHKO with a Focus Blast (and among other things like Alakazam and Reuiniclus).

Reliably Pursuit trapping Gengar, aiding in taking out Venusaur with defensive Latias, and checking Breloom entirely with your new defensive pivot all merit the change from Psychic Landorus to Rock Polish Landorus. I completely understand your current viewpoint of Psychic, but with the proposed changes, it won't be as needed, freeing up a whole moveslot. As everyone else has said, Rock Polish Landorus is a very viable sweeper, but more importantly, it gives your team a solid win condition. With a new set-up sweeper, you can end games that you normally couldn't due to being outsped and the like.

That's all I got! Really nice team~ Good luck!

Hey there!

I just wanted to mention a couple things that could really optimize the performance of this team. Firstly, I disagree with all the mentions of SDef Rotom-W because it doesn't really alleviate your underlying problem against rain teams--Scarf Keldeo. Scarf Keldeo, in rain, can OHKO all 4 of your non-resists and 2HKO both of your resists after Stealth Rock. Although SDef Rotom-W does resist Water and has respectable bulk, it doesn't exactly have reliable recovery and does not resist Keldeo's other STAB (nor does it invest in Def). Timid Rotom-W is also excellent for Will-O-Wisping even Jolly Toxicroak to prevent it from sweeping your team (which it can do at +2 with prior damage on Jirachi and Landorus). This is because I recommend taking Alexander's suggestion of Rock Slide over EQ on Terrakion for that extra insurance against Volcarona, because 20% of those battles that you miss will lead you into getting swept. Without EQ on Terrakion, Toxicroak will be more difficult to deal with, and without a Timid Rotom-W, you lose all ways to deal with it. Anyway, back to Scarf Keldeo. To handle Keldeo + Rain, Sun, (Venusaur is very problematic), and add a solid defensive pivot, try out a defensive Latias over Laitos. They perform very similar roles and the only thing you lose is a hard hitting Dragon STAB that isn't really performing a specific role for your team. Defensively speaking, Latias handles several threats and typing, from water to fighting, which is very necessary to get your other offensive Pokes in. You end up with a solid switch into Scarf Keldeo both defensively and offensively since Psyshock naturally scares it away, allowing you to grab free Recovers. It doesn't just stop at Keldeo, though. It can tank attacks from Venusaur, Landorus (Rotom-W is 2HKO'd by Focus Blast; Latios is 2HKO'd by HP Ice, everything else is OHKO'd), Thundurus-T (agility variants can plow through your team since everything is OHKO'd/2HKO'd), etc., all while supplying you with utility of your choice. Here's a general skeleton of a set:
(F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Utility - Reflect Type / Calm Mind / Refresh / Psycho Shift

I know this looks like a pretty odd set, but you really should have Psyshock for the several fighting types that plague your team. It's just reliable and has really useful coverage in BW2, especially for this team. Now, Draco Meteor vs Dragon pulse is an interesting debate because support Latias is already so weak--having a harder hitting move is probably a good idea and can even feign an offensive set if it takes something out. If you go with Calm Mind, though, definitely stay with Dragon Pulse. Reflect Type makes sure Landorus/Keldeo + TTar teams won't screw you over and can defend quite nicely against Scizor. Calm Mind turns Latias into a more offensively oriented Poke, but I don't think your team really needs that considering Latias is acting as a defensive pivot. Refresh and Psycho Shift keep status off since Scald burns or Tentacruel Toxics can really wear it down. Whichever scenario you are more afraid of should correspond to your 4th slot move choice. I'd personally go with Reflect Type since you really do rely on Latias to fend off both Keldeo and Landorus.

Next, I'd like to change one more thing before I make my final suggestion, and that is using a Chople Berry on your TTar. Chople Berry comes in handy in so many situations. Most importantly, it allows you to very reliably Pursuit trap Gengar since Focus Blast has absolutely no chance of taking you out even after some considerable damage. It also works pretty well against opposing Sheer Force Landorus who expect to OHKO with a Focus Blast (and among other things like Alakazam and Reuiniclus).

Reliably Pursuit trapping Gengar, aiding in taking out Venusaur with defensive Latias, and checking Breloom entirely with your new defensive pivot all merit the change from Psychic Landorus to Rock Polish Landorus. I completely understand your current viewpoint of Psychic, but with the proposed changes, it won't be as needed, freeing up a whole moveslot. As everyone else has said, Rock Polish Landorus is a very viable sweeper, but more importantly, it gives your team a solid win condition. With a new set-up sweeper, you can end games that you normally couldn't due to being outsped and the like.

That's all I got! Really nice team~ Good luck!
Hi, thanks for rate. Scarf Keldeo is a threat to my team late game, guess it is that obvious. I normally try to rest if my Rotom is close to fainting so that I can volt switch out but sometimes it's not as easy so it is a pain to deal with. Latias does sound like a good idea, I will try it too. Reflect type could help against those annoying pursuits so thanks for the set, I'll definitely try it out. I will try out Rock Slide on Terrakion because I really can't risk Stone Edge missing giving my opponent an easy win. Chople Berry on Tyranitar does sound like a good idea but Leftovers really saves me if I'm up against Sp.Attackers that my other mons can't handle but I guess it could help me against my other threats, and seeing how Latias will take care of those threats I'll try it out. And yeah, Rock Polish has been recommended to me by everyone so I will be trying it out. Thanks for the rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)