decorating and interior design

While I'm trapped inside during COVID for the foreseeable future and taking a break from school to have a buffer in case anything goes awry, I've recently found a bit of an affinity for sprucing up my living space and brainstorming fun things to include in it, both now and when I find a new place when I head back up to school.

I'm kind of curious to hear what people here like in that regard. What do you like to decorate and arrange your rooms and homes with? It can be furniture, art, textile, color-related, etc.

I for one am having a nice time arranging things to totally revamp my bedroom at home. I'm trying to get a new, bigger bed and bedframe, and make that the new centerpiece of my room with some rich-colored bedding. Once I can streamline all the junk in my room then, I can paint the walls and make room for a nice workspace, and that will yield to decorating with some new posters, plants, and lighting I've been wanting.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
My mom is obsessed with this sort of thing and even spruces up old furniture to sell. It's mainly painting old wooden chairs, but there's a lot of fabric replacement on things too. Every few weeks the living room changes overnight and I'm like "whoa". It's kind of amazing, really.

Katy

Banned deucer.
I'm kind of curious to hear what people here like in that regard. What do you like to decorate and arrange your rooms and homes with? It can be furniture, art, textile, color-related, etc.
with the colorations i'd like to keep it simple and with maximum 3 different colors, colors which match up together really well, nothing to wild, just simple, like for example grey and white with red-ish or green-ish decoration accessoirs. my paint on the wall is white and part of it is mid-dark-grey color and i have red and grey decoration-items like candles.
i found myself being obsessed with decoration my apartment often as well. sometimes you just get lost into it like with spending all your mindset and imagination into the decorating-process itself: trying out different places for items, to see how it looks, etc.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
bought a house in february thinking it would be a fun project to renovate. as soon as the builders knocked this wall down, we went into lockdown and had no kitchen/did all our washing up in the bath for two months.

i can say that i am now thoroughly fed up of decorating, we are currently painting the living room/dining room and i just want to lie on the sofa. my advice to anybody thinking of living in a house while they renovate it is to take it slow and do things room by room so you don't get totally overwhelmed

before (1st february)
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-07 at 19.17.26 (1).jpeg

during (week 1 of lockdown)
IMG_6754.jpeg

after (august, yes it took that long)
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-11 at 16.51.29.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)