SM UU DD M-Altaria + Scarf Terrakion BO

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
The Team (Click to see the paste)
Hi Everyone, this is my first time posting a team on smogon rmt, so I hope that everything will be ok with the post, well, now a little description of the team idea and the role of each mon

altaria-mega.gifAltaria: The first mon, when u run DD Altaria-M some people may think just on HO builds, but I wanted to use i on a more balanced team, standar DD Malta, runs Refresh and Roost in order to dont be walled and recieve toxicby non-steel types mons like Slowbro and Hippowdown, also works as the Hydreigon Counterplay on the team, as I said, runs refresh and Roost, so it doesnt carry Ground or fire coverages.
hippowdon.gifHippowdown: It has the role of the Ground Type mon, preventing M-Nectric and Rotom-H free pivots, also is the SR setter and a defensive answer to steel types, making a good core with M-Alta, Rocky Helmet to punish Scizor with SR damage + Rocky Helmet, also sand makes chip damage to other threats. Standar Mixed wall set.

scizor.gifScizor:
The steel Type mon of the team, at the beggining was undecided if run CB o Bulky SD with Z, I decided SD+Z, also I was thinking on run Z Bug or Z fight, Z fight would help me to eliminate steel types for M-Alta, but Z Bug gave me something for Psychic types, more specific to be a better check on non-Hp Fire Latias, also scizor invites flying and fire types to come, and give Terrakion free Stone Edges to spam, or let Malta set up DD on a pivot.
tentacruel.gifTentacruel: Tentacruel was my option for Hazard remover, also provides T-Spikes for the mid and late game, can check steel types and haze on set up sweepers, basically standar Tentacruel set, also checks nape.
terrakion.gifTerrakion: Terrakion works as a late game cleaner, revenge killer and my speed control, I was undecided on a good speed control, and I decided run Scarf Terrakion, because as I said before, it takes advantage of Scizor's U-turn, checking annoying flying types and steel types, at the beggining I did not think on this mon, but I guess that could work well on the team.
rotom-heat.gifRotom: And finally, Rotom-H, not to much to said, I didn't know what I could add, and I added Rotom as a Defensive check to Flying types like Moltres and Togekiss, and more Moltres that could ez destroy my team, Rotom also gives more pivot with Volt Switch, WoW instead of Toxic to punish some set up Sweeper, but I guess that Toxic would be fine 2, for Latias direct Switch in, also works as another steel Type check.
Any feedback is well received, I hope that my first post is ok :blobthumbsup:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Hi Luirromen, sorry for this taking a while! In this rate, I haven't changed any pokemon on your team, but have instead tried to optimise their EV spreads and sets to make it run better! There wasn't a huge amount I would have changed currently, however I would have probably ran a different scarfer to terrakion such as hydreigon, which would have then lead to me changing a few other mons potentially.

Rotom-heat: Changed EV spread to 248 Speed and 240 HP. This allows you to underspeed other rotom-heats (or speed tie other 248 ones) and get a slower volt-switch off. Also changed willo-wisp to toxic, as this lets you punish swap ins like latias/hydreigon a lot more.

Tentacruel: Changed EV spread slightly so you are now 176 Speed EVs Timid, this allows you to outspeed lucario and get a quick haze off, as this is your only real lucario answer on the team. Also changed toxic spikes to sludge bomb, as this is your main way of dealing wtih primarina on the team, and bulky primarina wouldn't care very much about toxic spikes due to rest. Sludge bomb was chosen over sludge wave as the power difference is very small, but the poison chance is useful while you don't need it to beat chesnaught with altaria and heattom on team.

Altaria-Mega: Changed set to Facade + Fireblast. This is a better stallbreaker currently than refresh typically, and is less passive in other matchups due to having some coverage and immediate firepower when statused. It also allows you to break through balance teams easier. Fire blast is chosen over earthquake as it lets you hit steels/amoongus harder, and isn't powered down by being burned. It can also be used to lure in and deal with scizor if you haven't mega'd yet.

Hippowdon: No big changes here, but I swapped toxic for whirlwind as it allows you to deter pokemon such as altaria and scizor from setting up on you, and you now have toxic on rotom-heat anyway. As your only real altaria answer on the team is Scizor otherwise, this seems worthwhile incase of it being Fire blast. I kept rocky helmet on as this allows you to chip pokemon such as beedrill and scizor, however you could also swap it for leftovers, or run some extra physical bulk to couple with the rocky helmet to help mitigate the lack of leftovers recovery.

Terrakion: So obviously I had to keep scarf terrakion for this team because of the title. You were however quite celebi weak, as HP fire celebi would 6-0 the team and otherwise you need to keep scizor healthy constantly, so I ended up having to put x-scissor in 4th move so you could revenge it.

The new updated version of the team is in this paste, and importable in the spoiler. https://pokepast.es/9baa05af6f0d4396. As i said, I believe changing terrakion to a different scarfer such as hydreigon would lead to better results for this team however.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Scizor @ Buginium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 16 Atk / 148 Def / 96 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Sludge Bomb

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 20 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Toxic

Luirromen

is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Hi Estarossa , first, ty for the rate, I will change the evs as u said, also about Terrakion, although it is on the tittle I do not really care to replace it with other Speed Control (my mistake to not especify), so, who could be a better speed control for the team? And as u said NP Hp Fire Celebi is basically 6-0, so Hydreigon as u suggested would not be a bad choice, but I would like to now any other good speed control for the team, or if just Hydreigon would work well :blobthinking:
Again, Ty for The rate

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Hi Estarossa , first, ty for the rate, I will change the evs as u said, also about Terrakion, although it is on the tittle I do not really care to replace it with other Speed Control (my mistake to not especify), so, who could be a better speed control for the team? And as u said NP Hp Fire Celebi is basically 6-0, so Hydreigon as u suggested would not be a bad choice, but I would like to now any other good speed control for the team, or if just Hydreigon would work well :blobthinking:
Again, Ty for The rate
Scarf Krookodile and Scarf Hydreigon are always good scarfers on these sort of BOs.

As you already have a hippowdon, typically the best forms of speed control here would be either a mega-aerodactyl (benefitting from sand, but better run as a sand balance than a BO, and can't be put with altaria) or a scarf hydreigon. Hydreigon would also give you a bulky volt turn core with scizor and heattom too, which is always useful.

Luirromen

is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Scarf Krookodile and Scarf Hydreigon are always good scarfers on these sort of BOs.

As you already have a hippowdon, typically the best forms of speed control here would be either a mega-aerodactyl (benefitting from sand, but better run as a sand balance than a BO, and can't be put with altaria) or a scarf hydreigon. Hydreigon would also give you a bulky volt turn core with scizor and heattom too, which is always useful.
Ok, I will try Hydra instead of Terrakion, although the extra weakness to ice Tentacruel, Scizor and Rotom can cover that weakness, ty for the suggestions :psyglad:. I hope to do not get unlucly hax xd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)