SV OU DD Kyurem + Double Dance Gliscor HO

:kyurem: :slowking-galar: :deoxys-speed: :zamazenta: :gliscor: :volcarona:
paste

I made this team initially just because Gliscor and Volc returned, so I just wanted to use two of the most fun mons I have the pleasure of using. I struggle with this team into stall though so unsure how to adjust the team.

:kyurem:
I just wanted to use another Bax because I never actually got to use him lol

:kyurem: :hydrapple:
This team initially had bulky Regen Hydrapple but I felt it was lacking and its quad Ice weakness was a little annoying to work around bc I'm bad.

:kyurem: :slowking-galar:
Needed a fat offensive mon to fit into the team since I removed Hydrapple from the team and thus worked well enough.

:kyurem: :slowking-galar: :deoxys-speed:
Needed a suicide hazard setter and this is literally the best one available, fastest taunt in the game to stop opposing hazards that aren't Samurott-H

:kyurem: :slowking-galar: :deoxys-speed: :zamazenta:
Strong offensive and defensive threat, incredibly fast and hard to revenge kill w/o Scarf mons as most forms of priority just bounce off it if you still have Dauntless Shield up.

:kyurem: :slowking-galar: :deoxys-speed: :zamazenta: :gliscor:
Double Dance Gliscor is something I love to use so will fit it on a new team where you can, has good surprise factor

:kyurem: :slowking-galar: :deoxys-speed: :zamazenta: :gliscor: :volcarona:
Great special threat, match-up moth that everyone hates, will almost certainly find a chance to setup

:kyurem: Kyurem @ Loaded Dice :loaded-dice:
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Scale Shot
- Dragon Dance
- Tera Blast

Here is my Baxcalibur at home - doing virtually the same thing but unfortunately does need to burn the Tera to do the same thing. Was initially 4 SpA, Tera Fairy and Earth Power so I don't have to burn Tera but I found the damage trade-off in the end to not be worth it, so I committed to being Tera Ground Tera Blast.

:slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest :assault-vest:
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 120 SpA / 120 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Fat offensive AV Glowking simply there because I wanted something to be able to switch in, take a hit, chip something and Regen out, it's pretty standard, nothing extraordinary, it replaced Hydrapple initially to be more consistent in terms of longevity and to avoid 4x weakness to ice.

:deoxys-speed: Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash :focus-sash:
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Psycho Boost
- Taunt

Suicide lead Deoxys-S to put hazards up and die, wasn't sure whether it should be Skill Swap or Psycho Boost but I decided Boost because I didn't want a mon to be literally completely helpless in terms of attacking moves. It would be good to have both but forgoing Taunt is too much of a problem.

:zamazenta: Zamazenta @ Heavy-Duty Boots :heavy-duty-boots:
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

My fast wallbreaker, hard to revenge kill. This was Band for SO long but I didn't like the restriction of needing to switch out when smth that walls my locked move, especially when I have no hazard clearance, I needed boots so that when it does come in, it doesn't get chipped a lot.

:gliscor: Gliscor @ Toxic Orb :toxic-orb:
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Dual Wingbeat

Double Dance Gliscor, my favourite mon to use, is only really walled by Corv, Lando and opposing Scor, but otherwise is a great surprise mon to use when people are always expecting the Toxic/Spikes set.

:volcarona: Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots :heavy-duty-boots:
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Fiery Dance
- Tera Blast

Nothing crazy about this set, normal Quiver Dance Volcarona, here because I needed a big special attacking threat, has decent opportunity to come in unless there's an opposing​

Last edited:
A few suggestions:
You noted in the RMT that this team struggles with hazards heavily. Might I suggest Tusk over Zamazenta? It fulfills the same role as a bulky wallbreaker but with better wallbreaking abilities and utility. The speed difference is notable though, if you decided to make this change I'd recommend adding a scarfer or booster for revenge-killing purposes.

while rain is a bit rare, your team is incredibly weak to it as-is, only having Tera Water Gliscor as remotely able to take it on, which falls very easily to a couple of tera water wave crashes/Hpumps. I'd change Volc's set to the typical tera grass bulky set with either Will-o-Wisp or Morning Sun on the last slot. This loses coverage on fire and poison types, but the combo of gliscor and tusk gives you some options vs those.

Finally, I'd suggest swapping one hazard (probably SR) on deoxys for skill swap. I reason that you rarely ever get the full 4 layers of hazards up, making dedicating 2 moveslots to them wasteful, while you basically can't do anything to hatterene leads. You could also run superpower/focus blast for those cocky dark types that want to anti-lead you.

if you make any changes, please give me feedback on how it goes, it helps me improve.

A few suggestions:
You noted in the RMT that this team struggles with hazards heavily. Might I suggest Tusk over Zamazenta? It fulfills the same role as a bulky wallbreaker but with better wallbreaking abilities and utility. The speed difference is notable though, if you decided to make this change I'd recommend adding a scarfer or booster for revenge-killing purposes.

while rain is a bit rare, your team is incredibly weak to it as-is, only having Tera Water Gliscor as remotely able to take it on, which falls very easily to a couple of tera water wave crashes/Hpumps. I'd change Volc's set to the typical tera grass bulky set with either Will-o-Wisp or Morning Sun on the last slot. This loses coverage on fire and poison types, but the combo of gliscor and tusk gives you some options vs those.

Finally, I'd suggest swapping one hazard (probably SR) on deoxys for skill swap. I reason that you rarely ever get the full 4 layers of hazards up, making dedicating 2 moveslots to them wasteful, while you basically can't do anything to hatterene leads. You could also run superpower/focus blast for those cocky dark types that want to anti-lead you.

if you make any changes, please give me feedback on how it goes, it helps me improve.
I did most of these changes and they were pretty good tbh, thanks for the help! I did keep SR on Deoxys-S but yeah I might run something else to cover dark types like you said :)

The Great Tusk suggestion is also good, the speed difference hasn't mattered too much yet

Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

and yeah I've been using standard bulky Volc as well which is better at handling Water threats like you said :)

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Morning Sun

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Hey, uh, this is a HO team, but I see you have AV glowking and I think that does not fit the style very well, you also have some other troubles like hazards, let's see how we fix this

Big changes:

:slowking galar: -----> :ninetales alola:

Glowking just does not fit into HO, (unless you're memeing, and then use just use NP). Ninetales will provide you with veil support for your kyurem to shine (since he is the start of the show based on your RMT). You can go with Hypnosis for sleep or Encore for stun locks in an attempt to secure better positioning

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Hypnosis / Encore
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast

:gliscor: ------> :great tusk:

I don't think Double Dance Gliscor is suited for HO, It's generally hard to start, and thus, fills better in some bulkier teams, and you also said you get destroyed by hazards, which is why I believe in tusk as the better option. I'm going with the simple BU booster version

Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

:zamazenta: -----> :darkrai:

Lastly, I realized you needed another special attacker (since i replaced glowking) and I think valiant can be cool thanks to its set-up options, you can go with tera fairy for offense or electric for defense. Another cool thing you can do is use the combination of tera ghost + hex + hypnosis to claim some kills

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy / Electric / Ghost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Psyshock / Hex
- Encore / Hypnosis

Small changes:

On volcarona, change tera blast to ground, since that will get heatran and galarian slowking harder

And that's it, I know it's a lot of changes, so I have a pokepaste for you here:
https://pokepast.es/0a92371fae3fb1c1
I hope you like this version of the team, have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)