Dark Android's Second Team(OU RMT)

It's been a while since I made a Rate My Team thread, and I've decided to make a new team because I got sick of my old team and I'd like to try out some BL's. So far, it's been one of my more successful post-Garchomp teams. Also, did I mention that none of the Pokémon on this team share the same weaknesses? Without further stall, I present to you my team:

The Slaves:

NOTE: That is not supposed to be a UU Rotom sprite. I just couldn't find a Rotom-W sprite. Sorry for the inconvience.

Hot Momma/Magmortar(F)
Ability: Flame Body
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power(Ice)
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EV Spread: 0/0/0/252/4/252

Magmortar here is my revenge killer, as well as my lead. With Choice Scarf, as well as Max Speed and Timid, she outspeeds everything up to and including +1 Adamant Electivire and +1 Jolly Offensive Gyarados. Fire Blast is for both power and STAB, and though I'd like the increased PP, I cannot afford to use Flamethrower due to the massive power cut. Thunderbolt can hit most of the Water types in the game for a 2KO and will most certainly OHKO Gyarados. Focus Blast, while still doing crap damage to Blissey, will still 1-2KO Tyranitar, depending on the amount of SpD EV's he uses. Hidden Power Ice is basically on this set due to all the dragons running around and the fact that Magmortar outspeeds all of them even after they Dragon Danced once(provided they have 290 Speed or below).

H2Owned/Vaporeon(M)
Ability: Water Absorb
- Surf
- Wish
- Protect/Yawn
- Ice Beam
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EV Spread: 216/0/252/40/0/0

My bulky water, Vaporeon brings Wish support to my team. Since none of my walls have any form of recovery barring Lefties, and even then, Sand Stream negates Leftovers, so Wish support is pretty much vital to this team. Surf is my STAB, and allows me to do massive damage to Heatran and Tyranitar, as well as OHKOing Infernape and Rhyperior. Ice Beam is here to make Vaporeon a Salamence and Flygon check of sorts, and the 40 EV's in SpA are there to OHKO Standard DD Salamence(as well as Garchomp, if your interested in battling me off the ladder or on Official). Protect allows me to ensure I get healed, but I have been heavily considering Yawn for its ability to cause switches/sleep.

MysticDrgn/Flygon(M)
Ability: Levitate
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch/Fire Blast
- Roost
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV Spread: 0/252/4/0/0/252

My physical sweeper, Flygon is the closest thing to Garchomp I'm going to get. This is an experiment I've been trying out, and so far, it has sucessfully destroyed some teams. Earthquake is my main attack, and will 2KO Blissey with Stealth Rock, as well as OHKOing Tyranitar and most Metagross. Dragon Claw is my secondary form of STAB, and considering that Outrage's self-inflicted confusion really turns me off and I have Life Orb anyway, the power cut doesn't make that much of a difference to me. Fire Punch is here for Bronzong and Skarmory, though I'm considering Fire Blast to guarantee a 2KO on Skarm, though Fire Punch does 46-54% to Bronzong, an average 2KO with Stealth Rock. Roost is for healing LO damage off.

NOTE: If Chomp is returned to OU, this is where he will go.

HiXplosive/Forretress(M)
Ability: Sturdy
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
Nature: Relaxed(0 Speed IV)
EV Spread: 252/160/96/0/0/0

This chump is one of my walls and my Dragon resistance. He also so happens to set up my Stealth Rock, which is crucial to this particular team. He also serves as the Rapid Spinner, not because SR is a big problem for my team(SR only hits Magmortar hard), but because Toxic Spikes wreck three members of my team. Gyro Ball is here due to the STAB bonus and the fact that Forretress is really slow. Finally, if Forry has served his purpose or he is on low health, Explosion is an awesome last resort move that lets him go out with a bang. This guy does have massive problems with Magnezone, especially those with HP Fire.

WishyWashy/Rotom-W
Ability: Levitate
- Discharge
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Reflect/Light Screen
Nature: Bold/Calm
EV Spread: 252/0/200/56/0/0 OR 252/0/0/56/200/0

Firstly, this is not UU Rotom. I couldn't find any Rotom-W sprites, that's all. Rotom-W is another one of my walls, and is my spinblocker. I chose a Double Status Rotom with Discharge for paralysis and Will-O-Wisp for burning. Hydro Pump is my Rotom-W exclusive attack and gives me something to use on Rhyperior and Tyranitar. It also lets me hit Heatran, if I wanted to use him for that. The final move, I wanted to use for a screen. Reflect helps me out with Tyranitar, Scizor, and Salamence, but Light Screen gives me a buffer against Heatran, Zapdos, and Skymin. I'm using a Bold nature with 200 EV's in Defense, but I'm considering using a Calm Nature and allocating those EV's into SpD.

Fat Bastard/Hariyama(M)
Ability: Thick Fat
- Brick Break/Cross Chop
- Knock Off
- Whirlwind
- Ice Punch/ThunderPunch
Nature: Impish
EV Spread: 76/180/252/0/0/0

Hariyama is the last of my walls, my phazer, and my Tyranitar counter. Brick Break is for obvious STAB and allows me to break screens and kill Tyranitar, but I have been considering Cross Chop for its superior power(Close Combat's defense drop is a turnoff on this set) as well as a higher chance to crit. Knock Off is pure awesomeness; it allows me to remove items, and sometimes lets me know what moveset a Pokémon has. Whirlwind, while it makes me go last, is a great way to stop dangerous setups, though Taunt does make me think twice sometimes. Ice Punch for the usual Salamence/Dragonite, as neither can OHKO me with a +1 Outrage, but ThunderPunch is in consideration for Gyarados.

I'll put the threat list in when I feel like it.​

Oh my my my I really don't like how you'd fare against a SubRoost Zapdos. It can just sit there and stall you all day while hitting with pretty annoying Thunderbolts that can't handle all that well. I'd also hate to see a Rotom just walling Forretress every chance it gets which just results in Rotom getting a free hard hit on everyone, which your team also can't handle. Electrics just to be an issue here, god forbid if someone actually uses a Raikou...

I'd really want to replace the Forretress, preferably for something who doesn't get raped by those 2 and can Stealth Rock. Blissey comes to mind but eh...not too sure if you'd like to go down that road.

While if you did that, you'd be concern about the whole Toxic Spikes thing you mentioned. That can easily be fixed. What we can do here is add Machamp over Hariyama, RestTalk of course, who offers pretty much the same thing, but more offense and still resists Tyranitar nicely. The lack of Thick Fat is made up by actually having the aforementioned Blissey to take up Heatran attacks. And it's not like Magmortar is staying in too long for TS to affect you. If you really want, Wish can go on Blissey and can then replace Vaporeon for something else, such as a sweeper. Gyarados or Salamence comes to mind, or even a CBer to hit harder.

Lets start off with Forretress shall we, What can we do to stop Magnezone from being a problem? The shed shell is the most obvious answer to me (and hopefully) to you too. That is just for future reference really, I don't really see what forretress is doing for you, you have a great switch in to Weavile / Tyranitar anyway in Hariyama so I't place seems pretty redundant, I'mma go with MoP here and suggest Blissey. She can serve as your all purpose special wall, set up Stealth Rocks and such. Sure she can't rapid spin, but I don't know if that will be too much of a problem really, this team comes across as pretty offensively minded. If you really miss the Rapid Spin support you could try running something weird like Intimidate Hitmontop in the last slot who can also counter Tyranitar / Weavile but has the added ability to be able to rapid spin.

Now, onto the team as a whole, I really don't see any central plan here. You have a bunch of walls and a bunch of sweepers stuck together, sure maybe you have one resist to every type or something but thats not really enough, as MoP pointed you have Flygon as your electric resist, but that will lose to something like Raikou or Jolteon who is carrying HP Ice.

The first change I am going to reccomend, and you probably won't like it is Flygon to the standard Dragon Dance Salamence, It can't do quite the same job without the electric resist and all, but it will allow you to set something up more and do some serious damage mid to late game with Outrage. Go with Band Mence if you hate the turn of setting up I just dont feel that flygon really puts the pressure on the opponants team that Salamence does, and you could really do with something that will riip through the opponants team. This is easily walled at the moment. Maybe Hariyama could become a Guts abuser, it could switch in on something that hates it, see Tyranitar and get a Flame Orb boost and then sweep away with Bullet Punch Facade etc... MoP already suggested Machamp that will work well. Replacing Vaporeon sounds like a good idea, at the moment you have:

Blissey
Salamence
Rotom
Hariyama
Magmortar

If you follow my slightly confusing step, I now ask myself what is missing here I think a nice solid Electric resist. Mamoswine comes to mind as he can hit Skymin and Draagons with Ice Shard. If you choose to run Mix Mamo you can also hit Gyarados with Stone Edge, and Hippowdon / Skarmory with Blizzard. Earthquake for an obvious STAB. Just a few thoughts to take your team is a more constructive direction. I hope some of this helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)