Cresselia gets wish. What effect will that give?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the NYPC giving out Wish Cresselia's (As well as Baton Pass Starters, can work with Infernape), how will that effect the way ShoddyBattle/Competitor will be played (since obviously, it wont affect Wi-Fi that much) in regards to Cresselia use? Its problem is that Moonlight doesn't always work as well due to T-Tar, but with that problem out of the way and its even bigger pseudopassing ability now, Cresselia seems to be even better as before.

BP Infernape would be fun, considering it can learn Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Bulk Up and Calm Mind...

Where is it?

What time?

I'm going out, but I don't think I'll be over there....=(

Oh, I so that topic, nevermind.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
It's a little overhyped, but will make Cress a bit more potent. The problem is, you have to either risk not being able to instantly heal, or run Protect, limiting your moveslots. Would work well with Toxic to rack up more Toxic damage, though.

I'm thinking...
-Charge Beam/Psychic
-Toxic
-Protect
-Wish

Charge Beam is a nice move if you're going to be staying in for a loooong time and you're afraid of Steels (neutral is the best typing Cress gets against Steels), while Psychic is more powerful off the bat. Wish/Tect are good to heal.

It's a little overhyped, but will make Cress a bit more potent. The problem is, you have to either risk not being able to instantly heal, or run Protect, limiting your moveslots. Would work well with Toxic to rack up more Toxic damage, though.

I'm thinking...
-Charge Beam/Psychic
-Toxic
-Protect
-Wish

Charge Beam is a nice move if you're going to be staying in for a loooong time and you're afraid of Steels (neutral is the best typing Cress gets against Steels), while Psychic is more powerful off the bat. Wish/Tect are good to heal.

I used to run that set with Blissey in ADV. Counter as the first move.

To be honest I'm more concerned about starters getting Baton Pass than Cresselia getting Wish considering Cress is a bitch to deal with as it is.

Infernape getting BP just takes away the only decent thing Blaziken had over it. Baton Passing with the other startes is also equally effective, Empolean Agility and Torterra Swords Dance.

BPing starters? Oh, ****. So pretty much, infernape is awesome now. He can pass bulk up, SD, CM, and nasty plot. Thats just sick.
Too bad he doesnt get sub:(

It's too bad most counters to Infernape can smack what switches in,too, seeing as Swords Dancers get T-Waved all and the same, unless you're passing to Ursaring(lol) Nasty Plotters are basically the same way. Besides, there are most likely way better Stat-uppers than Infernape.

Torterra getting Baton Pass is almost like a joke, you're most likely going to get met with an Ice user before the pass 100%. Unless you're Rock Polishing, it's likely to be unsuccessful. Empoleon is a different story, it's like freakin Water Scizor now, no idea what it will pass or if it will pass.

Cresselia, however, is different. You just took a monstrous wall and gave it a 50% healing move that can also support a team. Cresselia also can't be OHKOed by anything unboosted, and even those aren't that bad, so if you Wish on the switch, well, you know. Cressselia is about to become an even bigger bitch to deal with.

My only thing is that Torterra will be shiny, and it looks kinda weird.

To be honest I'm more concerned about starters getting Baton Pass than Cresselia getting Wish considering Cress is a bitch to deal with as it is.

Infernape getting BP just takes away the only decent thing Blaziken had over it. Baton Passing with the other startes is also equally effective, Empolean Agility and Torterra Swords Dance.
You mean Swords Dance AND Rock Polish on Torterra.

It's too bad most counters to Infernape can smack what switches in,too, seeing as Swords Dancers get T-Waved all and the same, unless you're passing to Ursaring(lol) Nasty Plotters are basically the same way. Besides, there are most likely way better Stat-uppers than Infernape.
Hmm... Taunt on Infernape sounds like a good idea all of a sudden... time to play-test a Taunt Infernape...

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Cress will almost be a team requirement (as if it wasn't already).
Downside to Wish is that you'll have a harder time handling repeated blows from Mixmence, although that isn't something prediction can't take care of.

If it has Wish+Protect, it doesn't really fear CBTar anymore since it can scout whether it is attempting to Pursuit or Crunch it and paralyze (if Pursuit) or switch (if Crunch) accordingly.

Using Wish on the opponent's switch in to Tyranitar or Weavile will also let it stay in against a super-effective dark attack and paralyze it with T-Wave.

Wish+Protect is a great strategy against a Garchomp that is Outraging, stalling it until it becomes confused.

It seems like BP on Infernape is another way to make Blaziken absolete. I forgot about Agility being an egg move, but they've mixed egg moves in PBR and XD.

Protect Wish is exciting, but I'm a fan of Thunder Wave+Wish more, it just feels more dangerous and Thunder Wave is the only way Cress is hurting Weavile, Infernape, and a few other things.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
TWave/Wish/Reflect/Ice Beam Cress anyone?
Doesn't fix the Hera weak, but still insane (look at Jirachi, and then look at this)

Begin Turn #23
Player A withdrew Heatran!
Player A sent out Blissey!
Player B withdrew Swampert!
Player B sent out Infernape!
End Turn #23

Begin Turn #24
Infernape used Nasty Plot!
Player A withdrew Blissey!
Player A sent out Gyarados!
Gyarados' Intimidate lowered foe Infernapes Attack!
End Turn #24

Begin Turn #25
Infernape used Baton Pass!
Player B sent out Zapdos!
Gyarados used Waterfall/Earthquake!
End Turn #25

I'm more scared of Baton Pass Infernape to be honest.

Besides making Cresselia even more annoying and giving Infernape an out for when he doesn't have a suitable type matchup, I expect Empoleon to benefit the most from this.

An Empoleon with both Baton Pass and Swords Dance will promote Sandstorm teams quite a bit. It will provide an easy Choice Scarf Outrage Garchomp setup, something that will take ALOT of things down. Besides that, there are the other attackers that could benefit also, such as Gliscor, Tyranitar, Metagross, or Swampert.

Now Empoleon has something that sets him aside from being a generic SpecsMence stopper without a recovery move, huge team setup for those who don't want to use Gliscor to pass Swords Dance.

Will these pokemon be set to a certain nature like say all WishCresselia are Hardy? If so, then that may effect their use.

I would have Protect over Reflect because it's hard to heal with just Wish alone.

Infernape having BP will probably make TWave more popular on Slowbro and Gyarados and Roar more popular on Swampert. Taunt stops this though but then they're risking being koed by a Surf or EQ. This might also create a new Electivire combo if TWavers are getting popular. Something along the lines of this-

Infernape uses SD.
They send in Gyarados/Cresselia/Slowbro
Infernape uses BP, BPs to Electivire
They use TWave, activates Motor Drive

Or a pass to Garchomp is also possible. Imagine facing a ScarfChomp with +2 attack using Outrage when you're steel is dead. Ouch.

Where's the link for this? I'm not doubting that this will happen, I would just like to see the page...

As if Cressy wasn't already annoying already, this takes the cake, Protect+Wish will help it last unless something like TTar Crunch can take down its Defenses or Weavile gets in a Night Slash critical.

I would go with Wish + Calm Mind + Reflect + Ice Beam. Easily set up Calm Minds while Wishing to support yourself, Reflect to minimize attacks (so built toward Special Defense), and then unleash Ice Beams. Protect could go over Reflect, but I think this set would be best supporting its team with Wish and Reflect. Thunder Wave, I guess, but so many things can use it ...

I give it an hour before wifi is flooded with fakes. I bet half the hackers won't even remember to make them shiny. Infernape and Cress hardly needed to be more annoying, but maybe Empoleon will finally see some play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)