Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty good Whimsicott Set

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly/Timid
Ability: Prankster
252 Spe/ 252 Def

Substitute
Leech Seed
Protect
Endeavor

This set plays like a typical whimsicott set, with a catch. This set allows you to use whimsicotts awesome ability and low hp to take out some pokemon with relative ease. You basically run down your own hp with substitute, and your opponents HP with leech seed, and then you Endeavor them and have Leech seed finish them off.
One thing: don't you thing leftovers kind of goes against that strategy? If your goal is to lower your HP, then why regain it with lefties? I'd recommend... I don't know... maybe Sash? Or you could do a Cottonee with Eviolite.

Also with Life Orb, as far as coverage goes, Ice Fang > Return. Most things that Water + Dark (Sharpedo's STAB) do not hit at least neutral to are weak to either Ice or Ground, with the exception of Ferrothorn (which resists Return anyway so EQ wins), Poliwrath, Sharpedo, and Crawdaunt. The latter 3 are neutral to Earthquake, so no point having a moveslot just for those 3 pokemon only hitting them with 2 more base power with Return.

@dragonuser: Yeah, probably. Just Ice Fang > Return if it's going to be a 4 attack moveset. Hitting 4x weak Dragons/Breloom/Virizion for better damage does have its merits though of course.

Here is a set I've been playing around with lately.

Stall breaker Haxorus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold breaker
Nature: Adamant
Moveset
~ Taunt
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Brick Break

Taunt shuts down skarm and gliscor, he still has problems with them, but late game he should be able to muscle though them.
Apart from that, he has the strength to blow holes in anything that doesn't resist him thanks to his incredible 147 atk

Stallbreaker Haxorus is fun to think about, yeah, but it still gets laughed at by Prankster abusers like Whimsicott and Tornadus, and some of the more notorious Ice Shard users also have the physical bulk to switch into an Outrage. Cloyster and Donphan come to mind. Also, where's the EV spread for it? I'm thinking it's going to want to invest in defenses and speed to stand up to what stall has to dish out, possibly drop Brick Break for Swords Dance to make up for the lack of attack EVs (breaking screens prematurely is always fun, though). It should also be noted that no matter what it runs, Haxorus literally has nothing in its physical arsenal that will let it muscle past Skarmory.

It's well known that Nidoking makes for an unlikely but effective special attacker this gen with a good defensive typing. This moveset abuses his wide special movepool, Sheer Force and LO recoil negation to the fullest while also providing literally the best possible coverage in the game. (Haven't used it yet, but feel free to theorymon the crap out of it.)

Nidoking @ Life Orb, Sheer Force, Timid nature (power drop is negligible, speed rules)
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
-Earth Power
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Ice Beam

According to the type coverage calculator on PokemonDB, Ghost, Fighting, Ice and Ground together misses a super effective move on only 151 Pokemon. Unfortunately for the horny one, most of these monsters fall into the bulky-water or bug-attacker category, hence why Thunderbolt and Flamethrower are listed on the on-site sets. For someone that never knows what to expect or just wants to rip Super Trains a new ass, though, they probably should give this set a chance.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Umm, nidoking already pwnzors. That moveset might get better neutral coverage, but not as great SE coverage.

I'm too tired to do it myself, but please, list a list of pokemon that you can beat better with this than with the standard set.

Here is a set I've been playing around with lately.

Stall breaker Haxorus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold breaker
Nature: Adamant
Moveset
~ Taunt
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Brick Break

Taunt shuts down skarm and gliscor, he still has problems with them, but late game he should be able to muscle though them.
Apart from that, he has the strength to blow holes in anything that doesn't resist him thanks to his incredible 147 atk
I've used the same set with DD over Brick Break and it works fairly well. Better if his defense was just a tad higher though. But setting up is easy on many opponents who thought they could paralyze or phase you.

that's pointless unless you have DD...just run it over brick break like Tenodera said. Also lum > lefties so you can setup on scald. It is a stall killer.

Brick break is pretty pointless on haxorus.

Honchkrow @ Expert belt
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: naughty
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd

Night slash
Brave Bird
confuse ray
thunder wave

Honchcrow does not have the defenses to pull off parafuse, you're better off just Thunderwaving and beating them when they're down or getting the heck out of there after crippling them. Heatwave is useful for really damaging steels and should be used instead. I'm not sure why you have a naughty nature without Heatwave or some sort of special move. Sucker Punch should be an option on there if not Heatwave to punish
Latias/Latios/Gengar/Starmie, etc that try to attack since you have Night Slash for if they don't (Sub Gengar).

Max speed is better with either a +Atk or +Speed Nature. Honchcrow should never be used as a defensive pokemon with those weak defenses and a lot of stuff outruns you without Sucker Punch and speed.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SDef / 16 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)/Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
-Hone Claw
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Fire Blast

I don't know why people think Hone Claw isn't at least viable in the face of Dragon Dance; Tyranitar in fact has the correct moves to exploit from.
I have decided for the defensive one to distinguish him from the Dance one. Since you won't need speed anyway, sassy or brave is fair enough. After one time of Hone Claw you are only strong as an adamant one with 252, but extremely resistant in sand. The crux is the accuracy of Stone Edge and Fire Blast; thanks to the boost, those moves will never miss again (excluding powder and the infamous "haxabilities"), making him a reliable wallbreaker.
Of course this Tyranitar isn't splashable; he still performs best with alot of status support (obviously paralysis, but WoW is nice to have, too). Further more you have to take care of those nasty fighting types - they otherwise resist his STAB moves and Fire Blast isn't strong enough to take them out, but standart Tyranitar isn't much different.
This set is pretty inconsistent: You might want to try an brave/adamant one with maxed attack in order to OHKO Reuniclus after one boost. There are quite a lot of moves you might try: Blizzard can catch some Gliscors offguard, when they think they can setup Swords Dance on Tyranitar, though it won't be perfectly accurate after one boost. Focus Blast is possible, but not recommended on someone who uses it as a secondary move due its lack of power. Accurate Dragon Tail is cool, but you may want to use it immediately instead of Hone Claw. But if it has to pull shit, Mega Kick and Iron Tail both will be perfectly accurate (for awesomeness), but you see, I'm not serious anymore.

Hone Claws doesn't seem viable to me. I just can't see Tyranitar being able to utilize a boosting move that doesn't boost its speed, especially with the plethora of weaknesses it has. It's a neat idea, though.

Mew @ Ghost Gem
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 132 HP / 168 Atk / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Shadow Claw
- Superpower

Shadow Claw is for Deoxys-S who outspeeds your Taunt, Xatu + Espeon who might try to deflect your rocks (lol I originally said rockets, had to fix), and has great coverage with Superpower. Superpower for pesky Dark types *cough* Tyranitar *cough*, Taunt is for slower setup leads (Hippowdon, Metagross, Cloyster, Smeargle, Gorebyss, Breloom, etc), and Stealth Rock is for, well...everything else. Ghost Gem mainly for Deoxys to assure the 1HKO on non-sashed variants and get it out of the way before it can set up a ton of hazards, but it's effective for other Psychic/Ghosts too.

Speed EVs to outspeed base 80s like Dragonite and Chandelure, 168 Atk EVs + Nature will secure the 1HKO on T-tar with Superpower, and the rest on HP for bulk.

Hone Claws doesn't seem viable to me. I just can't see Tyranitar being able to utilize a boosting move that doesn't boost its speed, especially with the plethora of weaknesses it has. It's a neat idea, though.

Mew @ Ghost Gem
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 132 HP / 168 Atk / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Shadow Claw
- Superpower

Shadow Claw is for Deoxys-S who outspeeds your Taunt, Xatu + Espeon who might try to deflect your rocks (lol I originally said rockets, had to fix), and has great coverage with Superpower. Superpower for pesky Dark types *cough* Tyranitar *cough*, Taunt is for slower setup leads (Hippowdon, Metagross, Cloyster, Smeargle, Gorebyss, Breloom, etc), and Stealth Rock is for, well...everything else. Ghost Gem mainly for Deoxys to assure the 1HKO on non-sashed variants and get it out of the way before it can set up a ton of hazards, but it's effective for other Psychic/Ghosts too.

Speed EVs to outspeed base 80s like Dragonite and Chandelure, 168 Atk EVs + Nature will secure the 1HKO on T-tar with Superpower, and the rest on HP for bulk.
Hmm... lack of lefties/recovery will hurt Mew very badly. I don't see ghost gem being very useful, so it would replace it with leftovers OR mental herb so when deoxys taunts you you can taunt i back and set up.

Dragon Dance Latios, chestorest
Latias @ Chesto Berry
Adamant
252 Atk, 252 Spe 4 HP
-dragon dance
-rest
-outrage
-waterfall

I've made 7 DD latios sets and this is my favourite. DD as they switch into a 'counter' like Jirachi to take the specs draco they're expecting, you DD up. Lets say they switched into Jirachi. you would DD a second time and rachi would paralyze you. Now you either rest to get rid of the Para and sweep, or DD a third time and then rest off the para and damage, and sweep. It not only has the element of surprise but it also gets through latios's typical counters like specially defensive jirachi or heatran. Like all water/dragon cores, it is hopelessly walled by ferrothorn and empoleon.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Earthquake over waterfall or Tyranitar will still beat you, also good luck getting past Jirachi without EQ, between body slam and iron head I doubt that you can score 3 hits on it.

This thing can be awesome on Trick room teams

Porygon@Leftover/life orb
Ability: Trace/Download
Brave
252 HP/252 Ack/ 4 Def
-Trick Room
- Last Resort

This has to be one of the simplest set ever. Use trick room then use fire off STAB high powered Last resorts. Abilities do ot matter much but download is the safest bet.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Gimmick at best, but why don't you run Porygon-Z with that set? It has higher Atk and adaptability which will make last resort considerably stronger. The 90 base Spe can be compensated by a brave nature and a Spe IV of 0.

Gimmick at best, but why don't you run Porygon-Z with that set? It has higher Atk and adaptability which will make last resort considerably stronger. The 90 base Spe can be compensated by a brave nature and a Spe IV of 0.
Actually Porygon2 and Porygon-Z have the same Attack.

Download is definitely the way to go for using Porygon2, since getting an attack boost will definitely help this set out to potentially work and actually make it even stronger than Ambipom's last resort.

That said, Adaptability (for Porygon-Z) will also boost last resort, not as much as +1 attack from download, but still enough to be more damaging than Ambipom's Last Resort. Adaptability of course is guaranteed boost compared to Download.

Trick Room might work for Porygon-Z, but it might also be better off with Agility. Trick Room is really only more useful than Agility if the plan is that other team members will be taking advantage of the Trick Room also.

I'm not sure if its been mentiooned already, but I think scarf Latios deserves a spot here. It is outclassed in some ways by Hydreigon but timid scarf Latios outspeeds almost anything else relevant at +1 and most at +2. Here's the set:

Latios@ choice scarf
timid nature (+speed/-attack)
EVS: 252 spd, 252 spattck

Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Hidden Power Fire
Surf/Psyshock

It still hits very hard with draco meteor. Dragon pulse is there for late-game sweeping where this is very effective. hiddwen power fire is for opposing steels and I prefer surf so heatran does not utterly wall Latios. Psyshock can be used for blissey and other fighting types, but Latios isn't necessarily meant to take on the pink blob and can handle fighting types with his other moves. This set is awesome in my opinion and should not be over-looked

Latios@ choice scarf
timid nature (+speed/-attack)
EVS: 252 spd, 252 spattck

Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Hidden Power Fire
Surf/Psyshock
Psyshock really shouldn't be used unboosted, it's terribly weak:
252SpAtk Latios (Neutral) Psyshock vs 4HP/252Def Blissey (+Def): 36% - 42% (237 - 280 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.
252SpAtk Latios (Neutral) Psyshock vs 4HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def): 27% - 31% (174 - 205 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.

You're much better off utilizing it on a Specs set to hit those same walls, 2HKOing them on the switch. Surf or Psychic for an additional STAB should probably be in that place, with Thunderbolt having potential as well. Other than that, the set looks decent. Taking out one of DM or DP is possible depending on the rest of your team. If you have other fast cleaners or priority abusers, DP can be dropped.

Edit: How could I forget, the ever-useful Trick. That is a necessary element on any Choiced Latios.

Infernape@ LO
Ability - Blaze/Iron Fist
Naughty Nature (+Attack/-Speed)
EVs: 252Attack/ 220Speed/ 40Sp.Att

- Flame Charge
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Hidden Power (ICE)

This set is meant for a late game sweeper. 220 EVs in speed lets Infernape outrun base 90 Pokemon such as Lucario/Roserade. Flame Charge is for that extra speed boost of course. With the speed boost Infernape is now looking to outrun many Pokemon including Starmie (100% chance to OHKO with Thunder Punch), Scarfed Adamant Landorus (100% chance to OHKO with Hidden Power ICE), (100% to OHKO Salamence), however it wont outrun Terrakion. You can choose to ran max attack and speed instead (which speed ties with Adamant Scarf Terrakion) but then you loose out on Dragon coverage.

Ps. please note that Iron Fist + Thunder Punch is an illegal move set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)