Crash and Burn: My first RMT

Hey guys! I only very recently have become interested in competitive battling (since last week lol) so I decided I might as well get things started with trying to make a decent team. So yeah, tell me what you think!

(This is a sun team btw)

Team at a glance:​

A closer look:​
Ninetails:

Ability: Drought
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Moves: Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Fire Blast, Will-O-Wisp
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD

I really don't think I have to put this much into detail. Ninetails is essential for any sun team, so of course I would have it. Sunny Day is to block any Politoeds or Tyranitars from using their abilities; everything else there is placed for obvious reasons.

Shiftry:

Ability: Chlorophyll
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Swords Dance, Seed Bomb, Faint Attack, Low Kick
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP

When using sun teams, everyone always goes with Venasaur. I'm going to take this to my advantage. Shiftry will catch people by surprise; and that is quite a useful element. I have also gone for the Swords Dance approach, because for starters, it has higher attack; and along with that, it will also probably be unexpected.

Snorlax:

Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Fire Punch, Pursuit, Earthquake, Body Slam
Evs: 252 Atk, 40 HP, 40 Def, 176 Spd

This guy is a freaking beast. It can, and will, obliterate everyone in it's sight. Fire Punch will have a boost thanks to Sunny Day, Earthquake can defeat those nasty Tyranitars and such, and I have Body Slam for a STAB. Adding to that, Thick Fat can be useful for opposing Fire types.

Espeon:

Ability: Magic Bounce
Item: Light Clay
Moves: Morning Sun, Reflect, Light Screen, Hidden Power Fighting
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spe, 4 Def

Espeon is my protector. It can set up the dual screens, can use Morning Sun if it needs more time, and can always fight off people with hidden power Fighting. Magic Bounce can get rid of those nasty Spikes, and Light clay can help extend the Dual Screens.

Forretress:

Ability: Sturdy
Item: Shed Shell
Nature: Relaxed
Moves: Rapid Spin, Toxic Spikes, Volt Switch, Gyro Ball
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD

Forretress has always been my favorite Pokemon. It always has been. It can set up those nasty toxic spikes, it's Gyro Ball can absolutely demolish, it has rapid spin in case Espeon is gone, and I can always Volt Switch out. Just in case it falls victim to a fire type move, it has sturdy to give it one last turn.

Slowbro:

Ability: Regenerator
Moves: Flamethrower, Slack Off, Scald, Thunder Wave
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpA

I love this guy. It has quite a good moveset (it knows flamethrower for crying out loud), and it has gotten an awesome ability thanks to Dream world, and it has Slack Off to recover it's HP too. Flamethrower is there for the extra boost, Slack off is to recover, Scald is for a STAB and possible burn, and Thunder Wave can slow them down.

Since this is my first team, I know there will probably be a lot of improvements to be made. I think that this team has a lot of potential, I just need some help with fixing it up. So yeah, tell me what you think. Thanks!

Changelog:
Changed Zen Headbutt to Body Slam (Snorlax)

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
From looking over you RMT, At first I noticed a major weakness to Swords Dance Scizor being able to set up on quite a few pokemon. To change this I suggest adding a skarmory in place or forretress. The standard psychically defensive set should help you a lot, This was just a quick rate i'll look into it a little more and maybe post more later. I hope this helps for now though

HI, im new to this and i know this has nothing to do with your team but I was wondering where you got the GIF's in your 'team at a glance' box. Thanks in advance :D

HI, im new to this and i know this has nothing to do with your team but I was wondering where you got the GIF's in your 'team at a glance' box. Thanks in advance :D
Hey Cenzo,

This site is where I got them. After you click this link, add the name of the pokemon you want in the url after where it says "pokemon/" :P

http://pldh.net/dex/sprites/

@Shuckle: Should I go for a defensive Skarmory?

Ok, I tried this team out a little, and I have found that I have a huge weakness to substitute Chandelure. I'm gonna see if I can fix that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)