CoverageMons

How broken would be Genesect in this meta if it wasn't Uber and thus banned?

• More broken than Mega Kanga on Standard

Votes: 54 54.5%
  • More broken than OHKO moves

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • It would be balanced

Votes: 22 22.2%

• Total voters

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Jellicent and Chandy say hi.
well how common will they be? jellicent wont be that relevant and neither will chandy who relies on fire stab. either way you could just run shadow ball for those or something

Yeah yeah I was just pointing out that it wasn't "perfect".

I can see Gyarados-Mega being a good DDer in this meta, especially with it getting Intimidate on the switchin. Stone Edge, Earthquake, Iron Head, and Outrage all get DTAB, and if you wanted to run Water coverage it could work too (although I don't really see it being very useful against anything except, like, Gliscor.)

do you think mega-lucario might get unbanned now that he doesn't get ridiculously powerful STABs?
I don't think so, his ExtremeSpeed would be utterly ridiculous since it would be a 160 BP priority move after you factor in DTAB and he has access to Swords Dance to make it even more scary, if I get someone to code this meta for us I'm thinking about unbanning some defensive Ubers like Giratina and Lugia so stall can atleast have a chance, however I don't like too much the idea of bringing broken mons to check some other broken mons, but at the same time stall seems completely impossible to do in this meta and I don't know what to do without doing something that can make the meta too complicated.

I don't think so, his ExtremeSpeed would be utterly ridiculous since it would be a 160 BP priority move after you factor in DTAB and he has access to Swords Dance to make it even more scary, if I get someone to code this meta for us I'm thinking about unbanning some defensive Ubers like Giratina and Lugia so stall can atleast have a chance, however I don't like too much the idea of bringing broken mons to check some other broken mons, but at the same time stall seems completely impossible to do in this meta and I don't know what to do without doing something that can make the meta too complicated.
it was supposed to be a joke, megaluca is more powerful than ever if anything

My unban question would instead be Aegislash. The only move it gets with DTAB would be Sacred Sword and Head Smash and the latter has huge recoil

EDIT: Oh well it also gets Night Slash, but still it's an all physical set. Easy to be taken care of by burns

canno

formerly The Reptile
so is mew the kind of cool here now? it now has DTAB on so many moves now so its super strong

Also Haxorus is spoopy with Mold Breaker DTAB EQs. Like Excadrill but faster and stronger

Petitioning to call it "BATS" rather than "DTAB" because it's the opposite of STAB and also so the voice in my head doesn't have to keep reading dee-tab

Now all the Pokemon that get Outrage for some reason aren't stupid for using it! ...right?

Petitioning to call it "BATS" rather than "DTAB" because it's the opposite of STAB and also so the voice in my head doesn't have to keep reading dee-tab

Now all the Pokemon that get Outrage for some reason aren't stupid for using it! ...right?
What about CAB (Coverage Atack Bonus)? BATS sounds good but doesn't make that much sense, and yes I agree that DeeTAB sounds stupid, as for Outrage I expect to see it alot, Gyarados specially who always dreamt of being a dragon can now act as one and be really good at this with Earthquake and Stone Edge to round his coverage.

Into a totally different note, Extremespeed seems like it have 4 viable options: the obvious Dragonite who is already a scary ES user in OU, Lucario who has the advantages of Swords Dance and steel type (so he resists opposing ES), Zygarde who has Coil to boost his defense while making his ES stronger and is faster than Dnite and Arcanine who has Dragon CAB (DTAB) in the form of Outrage and Intimidate but misses a boosting move and is weak to SR. Do you guys think Dragonite will outshine them all or they will see some use?

What about CAB (Coverage Atack Bonus)? BATS sounds good but doesn't make that much sense, and yes I agree that DeeTAB sounds stupid, as for Outrage I expect to see it alot, Gyarados specially who always dreamt of being a dragon can now act as one and be really good at this with Earthquake and Stone Edge to round his coverage.

Into a totally different note, Extremespeed seems like it have 4 viable options: the obvious Dragonite who is already a scary ES user in OU, Lucario who has the advantages of Swords Dance and steel type (so he resists opposing ES), Zygarde who has Coil to boost his defense while making his ES stronger and is faster than Dnite and Arcanine who has Dragon CAB (DTAB) in the form of Outrage and Intimidate but misses a boosting move and is weak to SR. Do you guys think Dragonite will outshine them all or they will see some use?
I think lucario and dragonite will be the most common, but I will mostly be using zygarde simply because I like it the best

CAB is a lot better, I concur.

Terrakion will run Quick Attack a lot more now, I'll bet, and will have a good reason to run Earthquake.

Adaptability should overwrite the reduction in STAB. It could throw a couple pokemon into the higher tiers (excluding the already banned Mega-luke). Adaptability's official description is "Powers up moves of the same type". This should still apply in this meta, maybe even lowering it to 1.5 if the 2x is too broken. Really, the only even remotely viable users of it would be the basculins and Crawdaunt, giving them pseudo-protean.

Gengar is awesome in this :3
Dark Pulse, Dazzeling Gleam, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, Psychic and even Focus Blast.. <3
#NewGreninja

Noivern and Porygon-Z are ridiculously good with Boomburst (and Perfect DTAB Coverage) and Adaptability, respectively.

Say hi to Dragonite and Lucario with their monstrous DTAB Extremespeed (along with DD/SD)... Mega Gallade gets a useful (if less impressive) DTAB Shadow Sneak along with great moves such as the Elemental Punches, Leaf Blade and Knock Off.

Goodra (bulkier) and Hydreigon (faster) both have seriously impressive movepools... in particular, Hydreigon can use its Scarf set to great effect here with the massive revenge killing (and wallbreaking) power of its movepool, including Superpower, Surf, Fire Blast and Earth Power, among other options.

Oh, and have fun with the DTAB Strong Jaw-boosted Crunch and Elemental Fangs plus DTAB Earthquake on Tyrantrum... with Dragon Dance to boot. I'm sure you'll be able to take his attacks no problem... :P

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
I feel mega bee drill is capable of putting in a lot of work, though it doesn't have that many high bp moves, it gets knock of, drill run, return, acrobatics and brick break, it is still extremely scary due to the fact that it's coming off a base 150 Atk and all have their base power doubled, that's right, doubled, get ready to catch this 195 bp knock off

This metagame might be very similar to Protean Palace, boosting all of the coverage moves. Probably have the same threats as Protean Palace too (all Extremespeeders, Porygon-Z, Mega Medicham, etc.). Though Mega Medicham losing STAB on High Jump Kick might be its problem.

I don't understand all this talk about adaptability. Adaptability boosts moves that are the same type, why is that suddenly reversed? Why does adaptability suddenly boost moves that are NOT the same type? Can someone please explain to me why?

I don't understand all this talk about adaptability. Adaptability boosts moves that are the same type, why is that suddenly reversed? Why does adaptability suddenly boost moves that are NOT the same type? Can someone please explain to me why?
the OP said:
-Adaptability will give a 2x modifier to all the moves the mon uses that are from a different type than his own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)