COOKIE

Another Cookie ;) I'm getting famous for my RMT Cookies xD
However, here is my team:
At a Glance:

My Sweepers: Bulky Gyara and Perfect ape

My Walls: Defence Spiritomb and Special Defence Zapdos

My Rapid Spinner: Starmie

My Supporter: Vaporeon

Click here to see my teams weaknesses and resistances. Credit to Pokemon.Marriland.com Team Builder
I will display my team in this way:
[Picture]
Name @ Item
EV Spread
Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4
Discription

Gyarados @ Leftovers
252 Hp / 132 Def / 126 Sp Def
Adament
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
Psychical Sweeper. EQ, Waterfall and Stone Edge cover a lot, while DD Makes him just a little better. This guy is able to handle a lot, but if i find someone that could have T-Bolt, I get the hell out of there if i can't 1HKO and not being faster!

Infernape @ Life Orb
24 Atk / 232 Sp Atk / 252 Spd
Mild
- Thunder Punch
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
Mix Ape. This boy is a real problem for every team! T-Punch and CC Cover a lot, Flame Thrower and GK Cover a lot, This guy is a real good sweeper, i love him!

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Modest
- Hypnosis/ Will- o- Wisp
- Shadow Ball/ Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot -OR- Rest
- Psychic -OR- Sleep talk
Offensive wall, if i'm going the offensive way, Nasty Plot and Psychic stay, the 1st 2 moves problem ^^ If i'm going the more defencive way, ResTalk is going to get the upper hand. Wish and Acid Armour from Vaporeon can heal him too, with a boost!

Zapdos @ Leftovers
252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Sp Def
Modest
- Thunderbolt/ Discharge
- Roost
- Extrasensory
- Light Screen/ Protect/ Thunderwave
Special Wall Zapdos. first 3 moves are just almost sure, the 3rd move is something i'm not sure about. LS Is nice for a Sp Def boost, Protect for scouting and Leftovers healing and T-Wave for paralys!

Starmie @ Leftovers
172 HP / 120 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest
- Rapid Spin
- Psychic/ Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
Rapid Spin BoltBeam combo Stamie. I Love Starmie becouse it survives some moves, quite easy to switch in, and mostly becouse it's the only Rapid Spinner i like! I am just wonder which STAB Move i'll take.....

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Sp Def
Calm
- Substitude
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Acid Armor/ Surf/ Toxic/ Yawn
Vaporeon is my Wish+ Sub Passer. Vaporeon gives very strong Substitudes, the last move I prefer Yawn, for causing switches = Save Switch- in and Accid Armor to pass trough, however, Toxic could be usefull for killing my enemy. Surf is than for STAB!

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What does ThunderPunch do for Infernape?

Also, I'm surprised to see myself typing this, but it looks like Magnezone (of all pokemon) could give you a lot of trouble. It easily comes in on Spiritomb and Zapdos, sets up a Substitute, and proceeds to immediatly cripple whatever you decide to bring in.

Electivire can do so as well, if it switches into a Thunderbolt from Zapdos or Starmie. Thunderbolt will make short work of Gyarados, Vaporeon, Starmie, Infernape and Spiritomb, HP Ice or Ice Punch will hurt Zapdos a lot. Basically, this team is weak to anything utilizing Boltbeam.

Surf over Psychic on Starmie. It's much stronger, and will allow Starmie to take on Infernape much more easily. I suggest using Recover over either Thunderbolt or Ice Beam though, it will help Starmie out a lot.

Maybe place this over Gyarados

Garchomp @ Zoom Lens (Or something to boost accuratie)
236 Atk / 32 SpA / 240 Spe
Naughty
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Rush
- Sword Dance
Replacing Gyarados, great attack. Good psychical sweeper. helps me with my electric weakness!

What does ThunderPunch do for Infernape?

Also, I'm surprised to see myself typing this, but it looks like Magnezone (of all pokemon) could give you a lot of trouble. It easily comes in on Spiritomb and Zapdos, sets up a Substitute, and proceeds to immediatly cripple whatever you decide to bring in.

Electivire can do so as well, if it switches into a Thunderbolt from Zapdos or Starmie. Thunderbolt will make short work of Gyarados, Vaporeon, Starmie, Infernape and Spiritomb, HP Ice or Ice Punch will hurt Zapdos a lot. Basically, this team is weak to anything utilizing Boltbeam.

Surf over Psychic on Starmie. It's much stronger, and will allow Starmie to take on Infernape much more easily. I suggest using Recover over either Thunderbolt or Ice Beam though, it will help Starmie out a lot.

Like BleuHarvest said, T-Punch covers more types, and 1HKO's a lot of things too. Mostle Waters switch in on infernape, specially Starmie.

Fck Recover, Starmie won't survive much, and if he survives something, Vappy can wish he's healthy xD

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'd strongly recommend using Hidden Power Ice over ThunderPunch on that particular Infernape. You've already pretty much got Water-types covered with Grass Knot - all ThunderPunch does is hit Gyarados harder, and even that won't OHKO factoring Intimidate. Although it may "cover a lot", it's better to think about what will actually be switching into Infernape so you can act accordingly.

Hidden Power Ice OHKOs those pesky Dragon switch-ins which Infernape can't stop otherwise. ThunderPunch isn't going to be doing a whole lot to Salamence, and you're stuck with Close Combat when you face Garchomp.

You definitely need Recover on Starmie; it won't be able to do its job as damage stacks up, and believe me, it does.

Hidden Power Ice or Grass work more effectively on Zapdos than Extrasensory. Ice hits Dragon-types, Grass-types and those bulky Ground Pokemon. The only benefit Hidden Power Grass has here is hitting Swampert, which isn't as vital in DP as opposed to RSE, so I'd recommend the former.

Keep in mind that you don't currently have an effective status absorber, something which a Rest / Sleep Talk Spiritomb would remedy. There are Pokemon that are much more effective when it comes to making use of Nasty Plot.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Like BleuHarvest said, T-Punch covers more types, and 1HKO's a lot of things too. Mostle Waters switch in on infernape, specially Starmie.

Fck Recover, Starmie won't survive much, and if he survives something, Vappy can wish he's healthy xD
Grass Knot will hit most waters harder, considering your higher SpAtk and it normally has 80+ BP on most OU water types compared to ThunderPunch's 75. TPunch is only good for Gyarados, who still isn't OHKO'd thanks to Intimidate. 120 BP Grass Knot's hurt Gyarados a lot was well. HP Ice will be much more usful on this set, as Blue Kirby pointed out.

If you're not going to run Recover, why even use the damn EV spread then? That EV spread is meant for a bulky Starmie using Recover. Starmie can utilize it's resistances to switch into quite a bit. Recovering off the damage on stuff like Blissey and Bronzong will help you keep coming it. Recover is essential to a Rapid Spinner because you may need to Rapid Spin multiple times in a match.

And Surf is 142 BP, Psychic is 135. Surf hits harder, and will hit annoying ground types SE, and allows for generally better coverage than Psychic.

Maybe place this over Gyarados

Garchomp @ Zoom Lens (Or something to boost accuratie)
236 Atk / 32 SpA / 240 Spe
Naughty
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Rush
- Sword Dance
Replacing Gyarados, great attack. Good psychical sweeper. helps me with my electric weakness!
lol. psychical.

but yeah, this would help with your electric weak and your rock weak that i noticed. and agreeing with blue kirby, hp ice is prolly better for nape, otherwise you only have one dragon counter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)