Ability: Transistor
Level: 50
EVs: 172 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 68 Spe
Timid Nature
- Electro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Explosion
- Thunder Wave

My favorite for this gen, on here as usual. I've spent a bit of time on EV spreads, max SpA EVs for sure, and an extra point in SpD for p2. Spe for up to +2 Ace. Electro Ball is ok for P2, and good for a few other slow mons like Ferro(major, even through resist,) Magnezone(kod max from low HP, T-bolt would likely have failed to do so,) Slowking-g, Slowbro, some Eeveelutions, Scizor, Pyukumuku(you win anyway, but it won't live to Toxic, same w/ Pex,) Stakataka, Lapras(maybe the biggest target, even literally,) Corsola-g, TTar, Snorlax, Grimmsnarl, Caly-I, the odd Pincchurchin, and heaps of paralyzed stuff. Even tern has to be wary if it's parad and unboosted iirc. Torkoal is rare to negligible, but that too. Electro Ball has been very fun and Regieleki is great for Pex, though I'm a bit prepared for that besides(I can't remember the last time I faced a Pex w/ Leki.) My 1st act in picking a team is to check what's weak to this. The bulk is really great, though it isn't for anything particular that I recall. Does live cb DNitr E-speed. T-Wave is mainly there for Tern and Dialga. Max Guard has been great to have, mainly to end their max. Fairly useful for Necrozma-Dusk Mane. Using T-bolt again because I went scarf(this has real merit even w/ the best base Spe stat, for Airstreamers such as Zapdos or Ace, and Scarf Caly-S.) Locking into another move isn't always strong enough. Volt Switch into a sacrifice, then coming back to t-bolt, can ko some Zacian.

1660594944970.png

Lugia @ Kee Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Aeroblast

Kee berry Lugia has an opportunity to do well w/ Zacian w/ T-Wave. T-wave is the main point, for things such as Ogre and Caly-S that Regieleki has to die to para(not optimal.) Calm not Bold because the 'lack' of physical defense seems harmless, and it improves the Caly-S match-up, and other things. Also gives wrong point to Download p2. Hydro Pump would've saved me one time w/ Hippo, had I not had Earth Power. So I changed it. It's ok.

1660595032965.png

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis

I wanted to try this and I haven't been disappointed, though there's struggle w/ darks, ghosts, and fire(apparently Diggersby gets Max Flare...) Bronzong is pretty good vs. Necrozma Dusk-Mane, P2, some zacian, Calyrex-I,, defensive Seismitoad, and Landorus-T, to name a few. Hypnosis is often good, prevents special mons from always switching in for free...Gyro Ball mainly hurts Xerneas. Lefties are free, so they are of course the item. While it misses a lot, I have had a somewhat positive experience w/ Hypnosis(also bad is 1 turn sleeps, but overall.) There just isn't always a better move to use, like vs. Hippo. Walls non-dark move Grimm(or just Sucker Punch. I don't think they run Darkest Lariat for the def boost bypass.)

1660595142862.png

Whimsicott @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast

Specially defensive Whimsicott for...um, I forgot. It's also great, w/ the extra Def, vs. Zygarde, who doesn't break sub that easily. Giga Drain is for 4x weaks, and STAB. Moonblast is strong STAB for Zygarde and special mons, pretty safe to use on most switches. Leech Seed was suggested to me, it's mostly good when you're gonna get kod anyway, and want to buff the next mon some. Really I' not crazy about this, it's mainly for Zygarde. Useful for the mirror and both urshifus.

1660595358028.png

Centiskorch-Gmax @ Custap Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Mystical Fire
- Endure
- Will-O-Wisp

Put Centiskorch back. This can help w/ Zacian, especially w/ the EVs. Power Whip is for the 4x weaks like Swampert. Mystical Fire is chosen as STAB to complement burns and utilize G-max. Centiskorch's SpA stat is fine. Endure+Custap is common enough on a variety of things, here it is to stall for burn, stall Dynamax a bit, or to get off a last Wisp. I have a good chance to burn through 30% contact ability. This has done quite well, I really like Custap, though I forget how it works sometimes(in a pinch, not specifically at 1 HP.) Has a decent chance to bur Zekrom, running Exca for Zekrom opens me up to Ferro who is even more common as far as I know. Should I run Wisp>Knock Off?

1660595637425.png

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Dual Wingbeat
- Bolt Strike

A common Zekrom, suggested to me largely for fighting Zapdos. Bolt Strike is an amazing move, and since I've been so preoccupied w/ trying to handle Zekrom, it makes sense to run it. It at least can fish for a Spe tie win w/ unboosted mirrors. This has been ok, certainly helps w/ Lugia. I like the move Bolt Strike. LO over Expert Belt cause Dragon and Electric hit few types SE. Even flying only gets 3.

I keep changing just a little to try to handle threats like Zapdos, Zekrom, and Zygarde. Lots that starts w/ Z is really threatening. I think I'll stick w this, just might add Wisp to Cent. I've had a similar team for a while now, 29:28.

EDIT: Useless vs Groudon/Heattom so put mystic water ogre over Zekrom. Av ho-oh over Lugia now, and my weird sash malamar over cent for boosters and blobs

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)