Comptetitive Battling Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
Hey guys, Kevin here. I'm not the most experienced at this kind of posting, but I'll give it a try, although it might be too long or too short.This is not so much of a complaint, but a suggestion on the topic of the Competitive Battling Guide that Smogon has.

First of all, I would like to share my personal experience. I remember discovering Pokemon Showdown back a few years. Like some people, I clicked on Play Online, made some random team, and got my butt kicked in the battle. The problem was that, a noob like me didn't know what EV's or IV's were. That may have just been my problem, but I feel like a lot of new trainers just didn't know where to look for that kinda of information. In comes my point. I feel like even though Smogon and PS aren't completely related, the introduction guide should be available on the PS page, open to everybody, especially new battlers. I feel like it would make the game more fun for the beginners who aren't sure of how competitive battling works and keep losing, and reassure higher level players of certain things. I think that it would be in the best interest of everybody to have a beginner's guide button under the credits button or something. It doesn't hurt anybody, but it can sure help some people start their competitive journey.

Secondly, I think that when we can all agree that when we found the introduction, it felt like a lot to read. This is a bit of a large request, but I think that some sort of video for each section would be much more interactive, interesting, and brain-friendly. It is pretty likely that no one will want to record themselves talking about Pokemon, but it's just an idea. Also, there are some pretty good videos on Youtube that help with starting competitive, so if we got their permission, we could maybe use those...?

Finally, (this may already be happening) if the video isn't possible, an updated version would be appreciated. Maybe with a few more examples or even battle replays to demonstrate points.

Please tell me what you think and suggest your own ideas, and tell me if I formatted this wrong or something.

Kevin

scene

Banned deucer.
We're not really looking into competitive articles right now, sorry. Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)