SM OU Completely new to OU. Please help me.

I thought Mega Pinsir has titanic attack. So I wanted to use it. It also features scarf Bulu to surprise people but I don't know the perfect team synergy and especially the EV spread(help me).

Pinsir-Mega (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Swords Dance
Explanation: Mega Pinsir is the key Pokemon here. I believe this is one of the standard Pinsir sets. However I am really scared of rocks now. I have to be aware of scarf LandoT stone edge. Still, Pinsir functions as a great wallbreaker against mons like Chansey and works great as a late game sweeper. In fact, after a swords dance, Quick attack can kill most pokemon from 55%.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
Explanation: Standard defensive Landorus-Therian with rocky helmet to cripple physical Zeraora, Offensive rock types and soft checking kartana and mega mawile. It has both stealth rocks and defog to help pinsir and get up hazards. Unfortunately, this team only has stealth rocks but if hazards are necessary to make Pinsir win then let me know..

Greninja (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
Explanation: Specs Ash-Gren hits like a truck most of the time. Water shuriken is there to make use of my special attack to kill scarf Kartana or any other weakened pokemon. I believe that if I am able to utilize my ability, Gren can start sweeping from mid-game.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
EXPLANATION: Okau, so scarf bulu is not a new thing I've seen other people fighting this as well and when they find out its scarf their reactions are priceless. Not only that but scarf Bulu can kinda revenge kill a lot of the current threats. It comes in on Heatran, Ash-Gren, Diancie, Mega Gyarados and a lot of other things faster than it and can either kill them or do serious damage.

Hawlucha (M) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
Explanation: To go along with Bulu, Uburden grassy seed Hawlucha is always a threat. If you can take out threats like Lando-T or Mega Sableye, Hawlucha goes in on Chansey or Pex. Just after a swords dance, you are automatically OHKOing or 2HKOing every Mon and even non defensive Lando T gets 2HKOed by 110bp acrobatics after intimidate.

Tornadus-Therian @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
Explanation: T-T is my 2nd defogger on the team and also a decent z used even with 4 EVs. I can never guarantee to have my Lando-T alive by the time Pinsir gets the opportunity to sweep and so T-T is a good defogger. another reason I have this is to take a hit from Kartana and Gren and then kill with 180BP All-Out-Pummeling.

I don't think that the mons I chose are good for a synergy with Pinsir. please, I'd love to hear your thoughts about this. Plus, if you could point put my weaknesses, it would mean a lot to me.

Thank You

Hello! Have been ages since the last time I see a M-Pinsir team, since it requires a lot of support compared to other megas like MMawile, Megazam or Mega Ttar. Some changes can be made to give M-Pin easier times while wallbreaking/cleaning, like:
<---

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
Hawlucha doesn't really fit your team (Lucha fits better on Hyper Offense teams, while yours is a Bulky Offense) and shares too many checks with M-Pinsir (Zapdos, Tapu Koko, other Electrics). On the other hand, Magnezone removes the Ground immune/neutral Steel Types that annoy Pinsir, and if you still have a subs up, you can even deal damage to some Ground types as well with Flash Cannon.
<---

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
You always need a bulky Steel type in your team, otherwise Fairy types like Tapu Lele, Mega Diancie and Magearna will have a nice day breaking trough your team. Ferrothorn has the bonus of also checking Ash Gren, possibly the most threatening Anti Offense in the tier. Running Rocks on Ferro also opens up a moveslot for Landorus-T.
<---

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
AV Ttar is one of the best Non-Toxic Heatran checks (as long it doesn't use Corkscrew Crash on switchin), while also disrupting Rain and Sun teams. Mega Zard Y is pretty annoying to face if you don't run Toxapex or another check, and Ttar is one of them. It deals pretty well with most Zapdos sets, can stomach some hits from Lele, and Pursuit removes frail Psychic types or weakened foes.

Now, let's see what I changed from your mons' sets:

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
A minor change, honestly. Hyper Cutter prevents Attack drops pre-mega, meaning that opposing Landorus-T and Mega Mawile will have more problems dealing with your Pinsir.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
Now with another moveslot to use, you can check opposing Landorus-T, Gliscor and Garchomp with your own Landorus-T! Leftovers let's you regain health from weak attacks, improving his longevity.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
Rocky Helmet and the new EV spread let's you check Mega Medicham and Kartana consistently, while Knock Off is mostly for Item-dependant mons like Chansey, Rotom-W, Landorus-T, Gliscor (as long you catch it before it activates), etc.

Threatlist

Most Protean Gren run HP Fire/Low Kick to remove Ferrothorn and Ice Beam, so try to play offensively. Never get caught off guard by this thing.

Again, if you low your guard this thing will have high probabilities of sweeping your team after a Shift Gear. If you're lucky enough, you can stall it via Leech Seed and switches around Focus Blast & Fleur Cannon / Ice Beam & Thunderbolt.

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Ferrothorn: 297-349 (84.3 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.

Side Note: Providing Replays of your team can help raters at giving you advices.​

Hello! Have been ages since the last time I see a M-Pinsir team, since it requires a lot of support compared to other megas like MMawile, Megazam or Mega Ttar. Some changes can be made to give M-Pin easier times while wallbreaking/cleaning, like:
<---

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
Hawlucha doesn't really fit your team (Lucha fits better on Hyper Offense teams, while yours is a Bulky Offense) and shares too many checks with M-Pinsir (Zapdos, Tapu Koko, other Electrics). On the other hand, Magnezone removes the Ground immune/neutral Steel Types that annoy Pinsir, and if you still have a subs up, you can even deal damage to some Ground types as well with Flash Cannon.
<---

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
You always need a bulky Steel type in your team, otherwise Fairy types like Tapu Lele, Mega Diancie and Magearna will have a nice day breaking trough your team. Ferrothorn has the bonus of also checking Ash Gren, possibly the most threatening Anti Offense in the tier. Running Rocks on Ferro also opens up a moveslot for Landorus-T.
<---

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
AV Ttar is one of the best Non-Toxic Heatran checks (as long it doesn't use Corkscrew Crash on switchin), while also disrupting Rain and Sun teams. Mega Zard Y is pretty annoying to face if you don't run Toxapex or another check, and Ttar is one of them. It deals pretty well with most Zapdos sets, can stomach some hits from Lele, and Pursuit removes frail Psychic types or weakened foes.

Now, let's see what I changed from your mons' sets:

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
A minor change, honestly. Hyper Cutter prevents Attack drops pre-mega, meaning that opposing Landorus-T and Mega Mawile will have more problems dealing with your Pinsir.

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
Now with another moveslot to use, you can check opposing Landorus-T, Gliscor and Garchomp with your own Landorus-T! Leftovers let's you regain health from weak attacks, improving his longevity.

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
Rocky Helmet and the new EV spread let's you check Mega Medicham and Kartana consistently, while Knock Off is mostly for Item-dependant mons like Chansey, Rotom-W, Landorus-T, Gliscor (as long you catch it before it activates), etc.

Threatlist

Most Protean Gren run HP Fire/Low Kick to remove Ferrothorn and Ice Beam, so try to play offensively. Never get caught off guard by this thing.

Again, if you low your guard this thing will have high probabilities of sweeping your team after a Shift Gear. If you're lucky enough, you can stall it via Leech Seed and switches around Focus Blast & Fleur Cannon / Ice Beam & Thunderbolt.

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Ferrothorn: 297-349 (84.3 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.

Side Note: Providing Replays of your team can help raters at giving you advices.​
Okay, I will start from the lower ladder with the team you provided. The thing that bothers me the most is my inability to guess a pokemon's set by looking at it :( I have seen so many players guess not one but multiple sets for a pokemon by looking at it. Also, as I am unable to choose the perfect Pokemon with the perfect set for my team, I cannot predict a Pokemon's set by looking at the team. I have the most problem with Lando-t and Magearna. The highest I could climb on the ladder was 1344 and then experienced that sudden drop that most players do and that just made me kind of hate myself even more lol.
I am trying to build a fit and offensive team to quickly climb to the 1300s cuz the lower ladders aren't that defensive but super offensive at times. Sometimes, if you're completely not stall, hype offensive teams can beat defensive teams. So, I will be using both teams. After I get to the 1300s, I can make a less aggressive build.
Thanks a lot for pointing out the weaknesses to my team.

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
That EV spread is a problem, to me at least. I don't know how that EV spread works and how it can stop certain pokemon from OHKOing me. What I mean is that if I don't know which pokemon I want to check, I might bring it out on the wrong Pokemon expecting to live a hit. Is there any list of specific EV investment for some noteworthy Pokemons like mMawile, Lando-T, Torn-T, Toxapex, Heatran, Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini? If so, could you provide me with such a kind of list?
I know how EV spread works cuz its essential to check certain pokemon. I have played the 1v1 metagame where a defensive Zard-x can cripple an offensive Lando-T. But, in OU, I don't think that a Zard-X built specifically for a certain pokemon like Lando-T is viable against the abundance of other pokemon I have to fight against. That is why, I did use to go for the 252-252-4 spread. But recently, I have realized that these spreads are viable. So, I want to learn more about them.
Unless a crit ruins all I ever hoped for

That EV spread is a problem, to me at least. I don't know how that EV spread works and how it can stop certain pokemon from OHKOing me. What I mean is that if I don't know which pokemon I want to check, I might bring it out on the wrong Pokemon expecting to live a hit. Is there any list of specific EV investment for some noteworthy Pokemons like mMawile, Lando-T, Torn-T, Toxapex, Heatran, Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini? If so, could you provide me with such a kind of list?
I know how EV spread works cuz its essential to check certain pokemon. I have played the 1v1 metagame where a defensive Zard-x can cripple an offensive Lando-T. But, in OU, I don't think that a Zard-X built specifically for a certain pokemon like Lando-T is viable against the abundance of other pokemon I have to fight against. That is why, I did use to go for the 252-252-4 spread. But recently, I have realized that these spreads are viable. So, I want to learn more about them.
Unless a crit ruins all I ever hoped for
I recommend reading the Smogdex's pages, watching this, that, and the new Analysis being written rn to now what sets are being run by certain pokémon. However, some Smogdex pages are outdated, so watch out for some questionable information.
For Speed tiers: go here (Note: Most of the useful info starts from Tier 1)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)