Coincidence - OU Team

I was getting a bit bored with the teams I've had recently, so I decided to make a new team, just to test out some synergy and some movesets I haven't used before. So the team was made but now is winning over 90% of its battles. I've only lost twice from being outplayed, and every other loss is from hax. By no means am I bragging about this team, though. I know it has flaws. That's what I'm trying to fix :3

Backstory over, team rate go:

Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock​

Lead Heatran does a pretty good job at being a lead. I don't like to explode with him early if I don't have to, since he has some key resists on my team. He resists Dark and Ghost for Rotom, Fire for Scizor, Dragon for Flygon, and Ice for Zapdos. However, I do use the chance to explode often. Even when at full health, if I know I can get rid of a major threat, I will do so.

---

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Recover
- Discharge
- Ice Beam​
When I make a team that's any bit offensive, I like keeping a general wall for utility's sake. P2 does that and more. We all know it's a great counter to Gyarados and Salamence and occasionally Heatran, but it's always nice to trap a Dugtrio, Water Absorb a Vaporeon's Surf, and hax out a Jirachi with 60% paralysis rate.

---

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn​

I'm not gonna lie, I used this because I really just wanted to try it out. This team was never meant to be good, so this was just here to see if it could fit roles in future teams.
However, Flygon fits a nice role in this team. He resists quite a bit, and no one enjoys being toy'd with U-Turn. His weaknesses are resisted by Heatran and Scizor so that's nice. He also resists both of their 4x weaknesses, so the synergy he provides is beautiful.

---

Rotom-c @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Another set I used just to try out. My great switch-in to Swampert leads as they all think that you won't Leaf Storm right away. He deals with Scizor well, as HP Fire always OHKOs max HP varieties.

Trick is amazing. I try to get my Scarf off early, as it cripples quite a few counters. Also, nothing beats Scarfing a Pursuiter, as I'll gladly sacrifice Rotom-C for a free SD for Scizor.
---

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/224 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance
- Roost​

Okay, closet secret: I've never used SD Scizor before. Choice Band was always the route I chose, but now I don't know if I'll ever use CB again. This thing is great. Rotom-C's sacrifices to Trick often let me get at least one Swords Dance up. Occasionally they stay in, trying to weaken Scizor for the revenge kill only to foiled by Roost.

Brick Break or X-Scissor was a tough choice for me. The STAB would be useful, but in the end, I decided Blissey is still a threat to my team, especially to my late-game cleaner. So I ended up with Brick Break in the end.

I have this bad habit of bringing Scizor out too early. Magnezones suck quite a bit.
---

Zapdos @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 140 HP/116 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heat Wave
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
This was my plan from the beginning. Weaken and sweep. A lot of people underestimate the base 125 Special Attack stat, and don't know how to deal with and Offensive Zapdos. Blissey is it's bane, however so I need that out of the way as soon as possible.

Building Process
Zapdos for late-game sweep.
Scizor for priority, and just being too good.
Rotom-C for a Scizor killer, Baton Pass stopper, and general revenge killer.
Flygon is another sweeper, and provides some great synergy for the team.
Heatran leads really well and finishes off with some great synergy. Explosion for what I can't handle.

I'm going to spice up this team-rate, but I'm running low on time. I'm sorry for the blandness.

Porygon2: I am going to suggest Thunder Wave > Toxic. I run Pory all the time and there are too many steels running around for toxic. And paralysis is a great asset for that late-game sweep with Zapdos.

Zapdos: I would run Roost over Agility, adds survivabilty late-game. And I would also recommend an item switch to either Life Orb or Leftovers. Leftovers makes him even more durable along with Roost. LO is an option for more power since you can still heal with Roost.

Watch out for MixTar, he could run wild on this team once Rotom is gone.

Thanks for the help. I chose Toxic on Porygon2 mainly cause I already have Discharge. I think I would have problems with things like Dusknoir if I didn't have Toxic.

I will try the Zapdos with Roost, though.

On a Rain Dance team, teams can get raped. However, P2 can come in on a Swift Swim Pokemon (like Kingdra,) Paralyze the foe with Discharge, and proceeed to weaken the foe. Flygon and Rotom are moving rather quickly, so they could probably take out the slower Rain Dance threats. If you play it right, Rain Dance teams should be no problem.

Hia there. Excellent team, only Fighting hits more than 1 Pokemon for Super-effective damage, and then Rotom backs up the team by switching in effortlessly on those types of attacks. This team is great, although if you feel like your having trouble with Rain Dance teams, I'd advise T-Wave over Toxic on Porygon2. T-Wave would firstly cripple Swift Swimmers, meaning they are now useless and then Zapdos could easily sweep them.

Hope I helped. :)

ghost

formerly goldenghost
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LC Leader
SD Lucario with Ice Punch will 2HKO 5 of you Pokes. Rotom works very nicely as a counter, but you might consider this if Rotom is taken out before Luke starts his sweep. Perhaps a bulkier spread on Zapdos might help. Just a suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)