Gen 5 Cloyster screens ORAS style

Hi everyone! I'm new to gen 5 and wanted to try out the meta. I quickly became bored of weather and traditional dragmag however, so I wanted to try out something else. I decided on screens, and I'm somewhat happy with what I came up with. That being said, suggestions would still be nice ofc!

Rotom-Wash @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spe
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

I found out about this set awhile ago and wanted to try it out. Don't ask about the EV spread, Idk what it does, just made the def and Sp. Def the same lol. Essentially you get a screen up and click volt to switch into a sweeper. 29 speed allows you to get the slow switch against Jirachi. Another option for the set is to get rid of an attack and put on pain split, but as I was trying to build HO I decided against it, and pump gives a strong hit against the likes of Excadrill, Mamoswine, etc. Clay gives you 8 turns instead of 5.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Standard suicide lead. I like explosion on Lando-T as it denies spin attempts, and allows you to go into stuff, almost like a U-Turn, and just take a huge chunk on something. Smack Down shits on the skarmory trying to absorb the explosion or earthquake. I don't think I need to explain EQ and Rocks. Finally sash almost guarantees you get the rocks up. If you play SwSh and ORAS, this set should be familiar, or at least the idea of a lando-t suicide lead.

Latias (F) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor

Final member of the supporting cast. Another round of screens can be the difference between losing and sweeping outright. Healing wish allows you to revive a battered sweeper. By giving this mon max speed and hp, it makes latias surprisingly bulky (see below). Draco keeps dragons honest who are trying to set up, such as latios and mence. Pretty much a carbon copy of the Latias seen in this years SPL.

4 Atk Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Latias through Reflect: 61-73 (16.7 - 20%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after sandstorm damage

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Ty to Lax for reminding me that this is useful (See here). While the EV's look pretty standard, the speed allows you to outpace scarf Keldeo, which is always nice. Skill Link makes icicle spear and rock blast 125 bp moves, and has a decent chance to either crit or flinch the opposing mon in conjunction with Kings Rock. Ice shard keeps stuff like breloom from killing it if its at low health. Just a nice sweeper that can click buttons and win.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch

Scizor is here, and basically forms the role of an oras mega scizor. Just SD and try to win with your moves. The speed outpaces the random timid zone, and the hp is to hit the lo number. I decided to throw the 44 into defense to take hits from excadrill and lando T more easily. As for bug bite over U-Turn, I decided the raw power behind bug bite was better, and can maybe even steal a lum berry from something occasionally.

Finally for the "Innovation" of the team: Azelf

Azelf @ Grass Gem
EVs: 252 SpA / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower

I've wanted to try out plot azelf for the longest time now, but never really built a team for it. This coverage allows it to hit almost everything in the metagame for at least neutral damage, and outspeeds a decent chunk of stuff, such as latios, terrakion, garchomp, etc. As for the grass gem, it allows it to ohko max Sp. Def TTar in sand after rocks. I decided to put some Sp. Def for some reason, but I forget why now.

So yea, ty for reading through this, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)