*Clever Name Here* UU RMT

After some success (and a little failure) on the UU ladder with this team, I've decided that maybe I need some fresh opinions. So, without further ado:

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

Right up there with Persian and Aero as the best leads in UU. Sash lets me survive Aero Stone Edge and KO back (assuming LO version). Also sets up Spikes very well, always gets at least 2 layers down. Destiny Bond has proven to be priceless in battles so far, spells doom for Ninetales, Scyther and most enemy spinners.

Victreebel (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 20 HP/236 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Psychic]
- Sleep Powder

Surprise! That's typically my reaction whenever I get a KO with this guy (quite often, I might add). EVs give it 351 speed, beating Frosslass and Jumpluff among others and OHKOing both. Leaf Storm 2hkos Steelix, OHKOs Aggron, does 90+% to Lanturn, Sludge Bomb OHKOs Leafeon, HP Psychic 2HKOs Weezing, etc. Not to mention all the frail sweepers that he kills with his STAB moves. MVP of this squad, no doubt.

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/96 Def/64 SAtk/96 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Extrasensory

Amazing wall. Pretty standard set up but it works wonders. Extrasensory is a personal choice, keeps Poliwrath from setting up on me and keeps other fighters and Weezing on their toes.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Limber
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Blaze Kick
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

I HATE Clefable. With a passion. And Hitmonlee lets my rage take form and completely destroy that little pink wad. Adamant for power, Rock Slide over Stone Edge for accuracy, an UU staple.

Altaria (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 104 HP/252 Atk/152 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

DD Altaria is a beast. This set lets me stop Ninetales cold and makes a good physical attacker. Not much to say, just a bulky sweeper.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SAtk
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect

My other solid defensive poke. Takes Electric and Rock moves aimed at Articuno like a champ. Sets up the Rocks, Spins'em away and Reflect is a help. If you suggest a replacement here, try to find someone as tough defensively, takes the same attacks and can spin, 'cause Cuno needs it BAD.

There you have it. Rate away.

EDIT: Swapped Raichu for Altaria to cover Ninetales.

Illegal Raichu. You can't get both Volt Tackle and Surf.

Ok, you can through Pokemon Battle Revolution, but they're all Hardy natured, not Hasty T-T.

Edit: WOOT my 50th post ^^.

It didn't stop me on Shoddy... Anyway, changed him to be more Special oriented, though I'm thinking that wasn't such a good move, as now 5 of my 6 pokes are Special Attack based... Any ideas for a more physical oriented mixed sweeper in that slot?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
After some success (and a little failure) on the UU ladder with this team, I've decided that maybe I need some fresh opinions. So, without further ado:

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

Right up there with Persian and Aero as the best leads in UU. Sash lets me survive Aero Stone Edge and KO back (assuming LO version). Also sets up Spikes very well, always gets at least 2 layers down. Destiny Bond has proven to be priceless in battles so far, spells doom for Ninetales, Scyther and most enemy spinners.

Victreebel (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 20 HP/236 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Psychic]
- Sleep Powder

Surprise! That's typically my reaction whenever I get a KO with this guy (quite often, I might add). EVs give it 351 speed, beating Frosslass and Jumpluff among others and OHKOing both. Leaf Storm 2hkos Steelix, OHKOs Aggron, does 90+% to Lanturn, Sludge Bomb OHKOs Leafeon, HP Psychic 2HKOs Weezing, etc. Not to mention all the frail sweepers that he kills with his STAB moves. MVP of this squad, no doubt.

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/96 Def/64 SAtk/96 SDef
- Heal Bell
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Extrasensory

Amazing wall. Pretty standard set up but it works wonders. Extrasensory is a personal choice, keeps Poliwrath from setting up on me and keeps other fighters and Weezing on their toes.

- Close Combat
- Blaze Kick
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

I HATE Clefable. With a passion. And Hitmonlee lets my rage take form and completely destroy that little pink wad. Adamant for power, Rock Slide over Stone Edge for accuracy, an UU staple.

Raichu (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
EVs: 100 Atk/216 Spd/192 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Focus Punch
- Substitute

This is Kamikazechu. Sub Punch for Cleffy mostly and status blocking, Thunderbolt for STAB. I need the Sp. Atk. EVs to 2HKO the Steelix switch in, and they do switch in when they see Sub. I wanted a mixed sweeper in this slot, but I'm open for suggestion.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SAtk
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect

My other solid defensive poke. Takes Electric and Rock moves aimed at Articuno like a champ. Sets up the Rocks, Spins'em away and Reflect is a help. If you suggest a replacement here, try to find someone as tough defensively, takes the same attacks and can spin, 'cause Cuno needs it BAD.

There you have it. Rate away.
Consider something like a Miltank over Articuno for another physical threat. It's bulky, and can put the hurt on a lot of things. That being said, this is a really solid team. I can't think of one thing that tears this team apart off the top of my head, but Ninetails could give you some trouble if you can't kill it and it sleeps Victrebell.

AWESOME UU TEAM if i must say so myself but no setup with Sunny day it might help your bell beat Deoxys-S
Ummm Deoxys-S cannot be used in UU. This is obviously for the UU ladder.

Venusaur should be in over Victrebel for several reasons

1). It can pull off the exact same moveset

2). Venusaur has a superior trait unless against the rare sunny day team

3). Venusaur has the same special attack as Victrbel (Base 100) and a Base 80 speed compared to Victrebel's 70. Venusaur is also stronger than Victrebel in the three defensive areas.

So really Venusaur is the superior choice if you plan to win matches.

AWESOME UU TEAM if i must say so myself but no setup with Sunny day it might help your bell beat Deoxys-S
You seem retarded when it comes to UU. There is no Deoxys-S allowed.

Oh. Yes. The team.

Replace Victree with Venesaur, it can totally do Victreebel's job better.

nice line up.
- Close Combat
- Blaze Kick
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
i love this lol
Rate my team?

Articuno will get owned by the ever so common SR. Quad Weak = 50% damage. I have no suggestions, besides the fact that you should consider switching it out for something.

I really like your party. I've got a Victreebel in my UU party as well. Your party has very good typing. You've gotta watch out for those fire types though. Half you party has a fire weakness.

Articuno will get owned by the ever so common SR, etc.
You know, I've been battling D/P since it's release and I do have a rough idea of what Stealth Rock does. I appreciate your concern, but I do have a fairly bulky spinner and if you had read the previous posts, you would have seen a suggestion for Articuno's slot. Please, if that's all you've got for a rate, don't post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)