Clear Skies [VGC RMT]

So as many people know, the VGCs are comming up. Since they're double battles (which I hate >.<) with select ubers allowed (I also hate this >.<), my first thought was "Weather will be everywhere." Thus I decided on a kinda anti-weather team. So here's what I've came up with:

Smeargle@Choice scarf
Own Tempo | Jolly
252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Dark Void
Sandstorm/Rain Dance
Extremespeed
Trick
Idk, seems like pretty standard stuff when it comes to this type of battle. Just Dark Void over and over, until I run out of pp, which then I will switch out. When that happens come back in and play accordingly. Extremespeed to pick off something weakened if I get a trick off and so taunt doesn't destroy me. I'm really not sure how viable trick is in doubles, though, honestly. I've thought about replacing it with destiny bond. The weather may seem weird, but it cancells other weather should Ray be taken out. Speaking of Ray...

Rayquaza @ Life Orb/Lum Berry/Yache Berry (so many options >.<)
Hasty
40atk/252sp.atk/216spe
Draco Meteor
Earthquake/Fire Blast/Overheat
ExtremeSpeed
Dragon Dance/Swords Dance
When talking about anti-weather, this guy is a must as he cancelles the opponents' weather just by being on the field. The plan is I'll SD or DD while Smeargle sleeps the opponents and then continue sweeping. I'm thinking dragon dance would probably be more beneficial here, since Rayquaza isn't naturally super fast. However, the +2 from Swords Dance is really nice. And while we're talking options, the item's a pain to decide on. LO's power is really nice, but in the doubles environment, Lum berry would be nice incase my Smeargle is in a position where it may lose a speed tie to another, and Yache Berry could prevent a potiential OHKO from an incomming blizzard. Then there's the second attacking move, Earthquake seems like the best choice here as it hits both opponents. A move like fire blast or overheat could hit hard with out potientally hitting me. Thoughts?

Rotom-C@Light Clay
Bold
252hp/168def/88spe
Reflect
Thunder
Shadow Ball
Leaf Storm
A spin on standard rotom. It's essentally the same thing, but designed to cripple more than one physical sweeper at a time with reflect. Though there is one thing I'm really paranoid about which has me considering light screen in that spot...but I'll get to that later. Thunder is to abuse rain that may be in play when Ray is down. Levitate lets me easily advoid my partner's earthquakes. But yeah, I feel this is pretty standard.

Palkia@Leftovers
Careful
252hp/252spdef/4spe
Rest
Sleep Talk
Dragon Claw/Outrage/Bulk up
Earthquake/Bulk up
Ah, now this isn't the standard Palkia you'd expect. This is a physical, rest-talk palkia. It's designed to come in and take special hits, rest off the damage, and then fight back. It's specifically designed to come in and take the combo I fear the most: ScarfOgre and SpecsJolt. Gah, that combo hits so hard it makes me sick. I went with Palkia over Dialga for this job because of a) his better resistance to water spout b) his higher base sp.def and speed and c) earthquake hits him neutral and he has a 4x resist to heat wave. At first I was just going to use dragon claw and earthquake for coverage, but if I use bulk up, I could try to pull of a sort of crocune type deal here. Outrage is just there as a possibility for the high damage output, hoping it hits the right opponent (and not my partner lol). Going with Bulk Up over the dragon move worries me because then Palkia won't have any stab, but it may be ok in this case since earthquake hits both opponents.
Alternates:

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician | Adamant
240hp/252atk/16spe
Bug Bite
Bullet Punch
Super Power
Pursit/Quick Attack
Pretty much standard band Scizor. 16 speed outruns 8 speed scizor and 12 speed scizor. I've bread for pursit, but quick attack seems like it might be more helpful in the doubles environment.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Timid
4hp/252spatk/252spe
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Another fairly standard choice user in my reserve. Thunder if rain's out, thunderbolt if not. If I use this guy, I pretty much plan on spamming one of those two moves. There other two are coverage.
So there you have it. Probably not the best, but there's probably worse out there. Rate away!

I like ur set, but what i dont like is getting these pokemon on my game without using a hacking device. its alot of work that i just dont want to do. Also getting perfect nature ledgendaries is a pain.

Your leads are very Fake Out and Double Intimidate weak. I (in theory) was going to run a special Ray just because of that. Another problem is that you seem to think that you'll have time to set up, when most leads will actually be carrying chesto/lum berry just for dark voids. Walls specializing, and most walls in general do not fare well in doubles, as they can be double ganged and taken out before they can make a move. Not sure if Jolteon and Scizor are supposed to be your standby or not, but they're both carrying choice items, which is terrible if they're going to be your last pokemon.

I do like your anti-weather idea, but it needs work. Here's what I would fix:
-Give Smergle Fake Out
-Make Ray special (You don't really have to, but it'll suck if you end up trying to swords dance just to make up the -2 att)
-Palkia needs to be ready to go out of the ball, sleep talk sets don't work too well in doubles (I don't think you can even choose a target)
-Make rotom offensive. Reflect only 1/3s damage in doubles.

Just letting you know, the Palkia set will not work. Opposing Palkias/Dialgas/Rayquazas will still 2HKO with Spacial Rend/Dragon Pulse. Expert Belt/Draco Plate/Life Orb/Specs Draco Meteor (from any of the above three) will still OHKO your Palkia. In fact, a Haban Palkia with 0 HP 0 Sp Def takes less damage from a dragon move than your careful max/max Palkia.

Any metagame involving Ubers is fast paced. Doubles is very fast paced. So with VGC being a combo of the two, there is no time to bulk up. This is especially true for Palkia (and Dragon types in general), because of the presence of so many common hard attacking Dragons (and STAB Draco Meteors). Palkia's defenses might be pretty good, but they are not good enough facing opposing Ubers. You are better off with a standard Haban Palkia which at least takes less damage from the first dragon attack while being able to attack hard enough right from the start. A Special Palkia can 2HKO nearly any pokemon without stat boosts anyway.

I don't have any experience with the VGC but I don't think that you have enough time to Trick away your Choice Scarf I would much better go with this:

Lvl 1 Smeargle@Focus Sash
Own Tempo | Jolly
252 SpA (or something)/252 Spe/4 Def (Maybe?)
-Dark Void/Spore
-Endeavor
-Taunt
-Protect/Quick Attack? (To get that 1 HP gone)

Something like that... I don't know if it works because I never have been to a VGC Tournament because we don't have that here. But I hope that other VGC'ers can help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)