BSS Cinderace

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
:ss/cinderace:

Cinderace-Gmax @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot / Iron Head / Sucker Punch

Cinderace is best known as a dangerous Gigantamax sweeper thanks to G-Max Fireball, but it's excellent Speed tier makes it a great revenge killer with Choice Scarf. Choice Scarf Cinderace OHKOes most Zacian-C with Pyro Ball, and is a useful anti-lead against Galarian Darmanitan and Urshifu-S, and outspeeds even Regieleki. While Gigantamax is in effect, Choice Scarf is nullified, which frees Cinderace from tricky set-up situations when locked into a bad move! Gunk Shot hits Tapu Fini and Xerneas hard. Iron Head doesn't offer much coverage, but the Defense boost from Max Steelspike is quite helpful. Sucker Punch lets Cinderace hit Calyrex-S as hard as possible, and pick off weakened priority move users. Cinderace tends to attract more physically bulky Pokemon such as Landorus-T, Hippowdon, Tapu Fini, and the occasional Zapdos. Cinderace benefits from Yveltal covering Ground-types, while more offensive Zapdos can deal with Tapu Fini. Opposing Zapdos can be pressured out with Tyranitar.

Last edited:

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is now ready for QC! Just a few notes on my mind as I wrote this.

- While I'm the one who suggested this set, the last slot is REALLY tricky, since there's three other options I've seen on Scarf Cinderace: Iron Head, Bounce, and Giga Impact. I think we can rule out Giga Impact since that's way more common on LO Cinderace, and same for Bounce (though getting surprise Gmax sweeps with Scarf Cinderace isn't unheard of lol). Iron Head however, is a very serious consideration considering the Defense boost and being a more accurate way to hit Xerneas when Scarfed. It might be worth replacing Sucker Punch or Zen Headbutt with Iron Head, but I want the QC person to decide.

- Zapdos is a bit iffy to deal with, just because U-turn getting you a static paralysis isn't unheard of, but I'm not sure I have room to mention that.

- While mentioning the Dynamax interactions with Choice Scarf may not seem needed, I insist on it just because its a mechanic a lot of folks that play Smogon formats are very unfamiliar with, and it's a big selling point of this set imo considering Gmax Fireball's power! If I cut some stuff from this current write up, I don't mind going more indepth about that aspect of Gmax Cinderace!

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
I think this looks pretty good, the one thing I might add would be that scarf Ace is also a great anti-lead vs scarf G-Darmanitan and Urshifu-S that think they can get a surprise kill on Ace.

I did a quick check on Nouthuca to try and figure out the final slash, and all of the scarf Ace I found tended to run Sucker or Iron Head in that last slot. I think keeping Gunk as the first slash is fine since sniping Fini is quite good, but I'd tend towards Gunk/Iron/Sucker for the slashes here.

QC 1/1

Theorymon

Thanks chemcoop , implemented your stuff! I should have implemented it yesterday, but I was basically stalking Amazon to get myself a PS5 (which I succeeded at!!!)

Anyways, this is now ready for GP! Note: this is a bit over the character limit at 1,041. I'm not exactly the most concise writer around (though I'm better at that than I was a decade ago lol), so I'd love to be able to whittle this down a bit without losing info!

add / remove
Cinderace-Gmax @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot / Iron Head / Sucker Punch

Cinderace is most well known for being an incredibly best known as a dangerous Gigantamax sweeper thanks to G-Max Fireball, but it's excellent Speed tier makes it can make a great revenge killer with Choice Scarf. Choice Scarf Cinderace is notable for OHKOing OHKOes most Zacian-C with Pyro Ball, being and is a useful anti-lead against Galarian Darmanitan and Urshifu-S, and outspeedings even Regieleki, and having the option to be a dangerous user of Gigantamax thanks to G-Max Fireball. When. While Gigantamax is in effect, Choice Scarf is nullified, letting which frees Cinderace get out of dangerous from tricky set-up situations when locked into a bad move! Gunk Shot is usually the best choice for a last attack, letting Cinderace hits Tapu Fini and Xerneas hard. Iron Head doesn't offer much coverage, but the Defense boost from Max Steelspike is quite helpful. Sucker Punch may seem silly on a Choice Scarf Pokemon, but it lets Cinderace hit Calyrex-S as hard as possible, and pick off weakened priority move users. Cinderace tends to attract more physically bulky Pokemon such as Landorus-T, Hippowdon, Tapu Fini, and the occasionally Zapdos. Yveltal is a fantastic option to take advantage of Cinderace benefits from Yveltal covering Ground-types, while more offensive Zapdos can also deal with Tapu Fini. Opposing Zapdos can be scapressured out with Tyranitar.
~994 characters, xo nice work as always tmon the great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)