Pending Change tour bans* to be IP-based, rather than username based

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
(edit): cleared up a bit of a confusion I had in the previous title of this post
I originally thought this was a bug and was directed to move this to suggestions as it is apparently a feature with how tourbans work.

The main problem:
As it currently works, namelocked users do not get affected by /tour banuser as tour bans are tied to usernames. This leads to the problem I occurred in lobby a week ago or so that a namelocked user, having no username continued join/leave spamming tours because of how tourbans/namelocks are done.

Image below for reference.
1648177954107.png

Last edited:

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I feel like someone abusing this could just be actually roombanned, since they're disrupting the room totally. I also don't know really how much of a problem spam join/leaving tournaments really is - as soon as the tournament starts, they can't do it anymore, and this problem isn't particularly specific to namelocked users. Wouldn't be opposed to switching it, but I also think it's probably just not necessary.

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
I feel like someone abusing this could just be actually roombanned, since they're disrupting the room totally. I also don't know really how much of a problem spam join/leaving tournaments really is - as soon as the tournament starts, they can't do it anymore, and this problem isn't particularly specific to namelocked users. Wouldn't be opposed to switching it, but I also think it's probably just not necessary.
This really felt problematic to me during this moment because I think no room mods in the room were immediately active because of it being a late US night, and the tournament was taking a bit of time to fill. I usually keep /tour autostart 1.5 on for these because of the size of lobby, but I ending up manually starting the tournament just a bit earlier when I realized the tour ban was not working on that user.

edit: fwiw, I definitely believe it is a room bannable offense, but I also believe /tour banuser should be applicable for moments like these when there is no moderator to immediately ban the user.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)