Challenging RBY Nuzlocke

Basically just looking for ideas on a challenging RBY nuzlocke. I find standard nuzlockes too easy because they don't keep your levelling in check.

I'm basically looking for ideas that restrict my levelling, but still keep it fun.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe try a Nuzlocke with restrictions on Pokécenter use? That puts a damper on over-leveling and forces you to think carefully about which trainers you fight.

A no-items no-Center Nuzlocke is (IIRC) impossible for Bulbasaur/Charmander, so some changes are needed.

Forbidding exp. from wild battles makes any Nuzlocke a bit tougher (and keeps you honest about grinding).

I would tell you to do a Nuzlocke without any wild encounters or battling a trainer more than once, but I'm not sure that's possible unless you're soloing with Squirtle or Nidoran.

Otherwise, try a no-items Nuzlocke where each Pokemon Center can be used exactly once. (You make want to make an exception for Antidotes)

You can just try a Nuzlocke without over-levelling. Just use your common sense.

Either that or limit the PokeCenters

A no-wild Nuzlocke sounds possible for the other starters. If they can get to Mt. Moon the hardest part is over. It requires a lot of Pokécenter stops, though, which is tedious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)