SS NU CB Sirfetch'd VoltTurn Electric Spam

CB Sirfetch'd VoltTurn Electric Spam

:ss/sirfetch :ss/rotom-mow: :ss/talonflame: :ss/vaporeon: :ss/diancie: :ss/heliolisk: (Click sprites for link :3)
Happy Pride Month, everybody! To "somewhat" celebrate this, I have a team centered around Choice Banded Sirftech'd with the best name ever*. Honestly, I just wanted to build a team in NU with a 'mon that, in my opinion, is quite-and pardon my bad joke-never used. And I have found success with it. Sirfetch'd dismantles the bulkier 'mons and, especially if they switch out, heavily dents the faster ones. Just a basic breaker + heavy VoltTurn support.

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

:sirfetch
I started off with Sirfetch'd as the breaker.

:sirfetch:rotom-mow:
Rotom-C brings some well-needed pivoting to the table to get our breaker in.

:sirfetch:rotom-mow::talonflame:
Talonflame contributes to the VoltTurn and takes care of the Fightings.

:sirfetch:rotom-mow::talonflame::vaporeon:
Vaporeon brings Wish support for our breaker and friends as longevity is a big thing NU.

:sirfetch:rotom-mow::talonflame::vaporeon::diancie:
Diancie provides much-needed Stealth Rock support and frees up ones of Vaporeon's moveslots for safe Wish passing with Flip Turn.

:sirfetch:rotom-mow::talonflame::vaporeon::diancie::heliolisk:
For the last slot, I added Heliolisk for speed control and to create a little Electric Spam core.

THE POKEMON

:ss/sirfetch @ :choice band:
It's MA'AM (Sirfetch’d) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

The main point of the team is to get this in, and let it destroy everything. First Impression allows you to surprise Rotom-C, Psychics, and foes on low HP. Brave Bird was put on this set as otherwise this team was weak to Vileplume + Vaporeon shenanigans, as it OHKOs the former. Because no 'mon in NU enjoys lacking their item, Knock Off grants you a way to make some guaranteed progress. It also heavily cripples Talonflame, a common Fighting switch-in, forcing your opponent to either clear your Stealth Rock before bringing it back out or sacking it later. Close Combat is just the STAB of choice, as it, at worst, 2HKOs everything in the tier along with its Choice Band and Adamant Nature. It's also able to do that against Ghosts like Dhelmsie, Golurk, or Doublade, thanks to its Scrappy ability. The EV spread maximizes its Attack while having as much Speed as possible.

:ss/rotom-mow: @ :yache berry:
Rotom-Mow @ Yache Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Nasty Plot

Rotom-C provides pivoting to get Sirfetch'd in safely. Defog allows Rotom-C to act as the hazard control for this team so our breaker won't have to deal with constant chipping. Leaf Storm takes care of the Grounds and Blastoise. Volt Switch is your secondary STAB move and adds to the pivoting. Nasty Plot allows Rotom-C to be a win condition late-game. Its Yache Berry allows it to survive +2 Modest Blastoise's Ice Beam; it's also just a nice item to have just in case if you want to scout for coverage or want to take care of the Inteleon for sure without getting blasted away by its coverage. The EV spread on Rotom-C maximizes its Special Attack while underspeeding opposing non-Scarf Rotom-C, so you can click Leaf Storm freely when they go into their Ground-type predicting a Volt Switch.

:ss/talonflame: @ :heavy-duty boots:
Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame adds to the VoltTurn core and takes care of Fightings that this team would struggle with otherwise. Roost is for longevity. Brave Bird gives you a way to hit those Fightings. U-turn allows you to pivot, and Will-O-Wisp cripples physically offensive 'mons for the rest of the team to switch into more easily. Heavy-Duty Boots allows it to not get destroyed by Stealth Rock being up. Flame Body gives it a fail-safe in case you miss Will-O-Wisp or its just a little benefit. The EV spread maximizes its physical bulk while outspeeding all non-Scarf users in the entire tier.

:ss/vaporeon: @ :leftovers:
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Scald
- Flip Turn

Vaporeon completes the Fire-Water-Grass core, provides Wish passing for longevity, and also helps with the VoltTurn. Protect works in combination with Wish to get your recovery safely, but, if you would like to pass you Wish on or are predicting a switch, you can use Flip Turn. Scald allows you to check Silvally-Ground and is just a great STAB that can grant burns. Leftovers grants you passive recovery. Water Absorb allows you to switch into STABs from Blastoise, Inteleon, and Vaporeon while gaining HP back from it. The EV spread maximizes its physical bulk to better check Silvally-Ground while getting 3HKO's by +2 Modest Blastoise's Dark Pulse.

:ss/diancie: @ :leftovers:
Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpD / 200 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press

Diancie was the reason why I was fine with adding Flip Turn to Vaporeon for safer Wish passing, as it has Heal Bell to act as a cleric and heal the team of status. Stealth Rock is to get up hazards so that Sirftech'd can do its job better. Diamond Storm is STAB and works well with Body Press having a 50% chance to double your defense taking care of Steels like Stakataka. Leftovers grants you passive recovery. The EV spread maximizes its special bulk, as Diamond Storm boosts its physical bulk, while outspeeding neutrally Speed natured Guzzlord.

:ss/heliolisk: @ :choice scarf:
Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Heliolisk abuses Vaporeon, as it comes in, can't get hurt, and threatens it with a Volt Switch. Hyper Voice acts as a great middleground between Grounds and other 'mons. Dark Pulse hits Psychics and makes sure you don't get walled by Decidueye or Dhelmise. Thunderbolt is your Electric STAB if you're going to clean while Volt Switch is mostly for pivoting. Heliolisk in conjunction with both Rotom-C and Vaporeon take care of Talonflame which usually hold Sirfetch'd back. Choice Scarf allows Heliolisk to act as a revenge killer and as a late game cleaner after the opposing team has been worn down. Dry Skin allows Heliolisk to gain HP back from Water-type attacks and to abuse Vaporeon, as said in the beginning. The EV spread maximizes it Special Attack and Speed to allow it to be as offensively pressuring as possible.

REPLAYS
Uhhhh, I didn't record many battles; I hope these two will do.
Vs. Uberfiend in Tour
Vs. Ladder Dude

*Shoutouts to WeedleTwineedle for making the Sirfetch'd name. Yes, I stole it from them.

Team Link (Again):
https://pokepast.es/e9f9c6da7d906738

I haven't noticed any big threats/problems with the team. Hope you enjoy! Also, all feedback is appreciated!

Edit: Actually, there is one problem with the team: If Sirfetch'd gets killed, sacked, or thrown away too early, the team kind of struggles a bit, as there isn't great damage output. But, I think it can be played around and made up for with Rotom-C, however, the game gets significantly harder.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)