Cartoon Network Goes Real

Justice League was my favorite show of all time. Then they put that.. Jimmy whatever show with the guy with the cartoon guy's brain and the talking.. shrews? I remember being so pissed off. To their credit, Flapjack is brilliant. Chowder is mostly just twenty-three minutes of unending stupidity, but I do like the episode where the bear goes to the bank.

CN knows me cause I send them nasty letters many-a-time. They've only replied once, unfortunately. :\ I wouldn't mind it so much if they'd run a Boomerang-esque type line sometime during the day, or during the nightline which I forget. Hell, I can't "request" Boomerang because my cable provider doesn't offer it.

Did anybody catch the Warner Brother's/Merrie Melodies marathon they did a while back? I watched all day.

Yeah, they ran a marathon a few weeks back with the "final five" episodes of Foster's. Apparently they aren't running the series period anymore.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
What a retarded move by CN. Now I have to look for the episodes on Mininova or somewhere else :/ Damnit.

Why do they stop the good shows just to replace them with silly reality shows? Are they really that low on money nowadays?

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Apparently. My assumption is the CEO's of our time have slowly been replaced wit h these new Nickelodeon/Disney Channel rip-off loving heads they have now. Adjusting your programming schedule to better suit your viewer base must be a tradition they didn't feel necessary to uphold.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
SLAM BALL SLAM BALL SLAM BALL SLAM BALL

crashcrashcrashcrashcrashCRASH

SLAM BALL SLAM BALL SLAM BALL SLAM BALL SLAMMMM BALLLLLLL

jesus christ take me out now

I woke up to slam ball on my birthday, and i gotta say, i really didnt like it. Maybe i was just grumpy or it could be that ive always been a fan of playing sports rather than watching them, but it just didnt feel like i was watching cn. Felt like my mom came in my room and turned it to espn just to fuck with me

I just realized The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy wasn't mentioned in this thread o.o! Even though its not as old as the classics, its still a pretty good show that needs to be remembered for its awesome because of Billy/Mandy het.

I just realized The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy wasn't mentioned in this thread o.o! Even though its not as old as the classics, its still a pretty good show that needs to be remembered for its awesome because of Billy/Mandy het.
Yeah, Billy & Mandy was actually pretty good...but not for long. I thought it pretty much spiraled downhill almost as fast as it started to get good. It didn't stay consistently funny untill the time it left the air, unlike Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, etc.

How about... Two stupid dogs, Cow and chicken, Dexter's lab was awesome of course, But I miss those days.
Two stupid dogs! I watched it with some friends so intensively that we memorized most of the episodes. What was the name of that big guy? Hollywood?
"Isn't that cute? BUT IT'S WROOOOONG!!!"

Xiaolin Showdown, Beyblade, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.. ahh. Heydey.

Ed, Edd'n'Eddy was fucking dire, infantile bullshit; Dexters Lab was quality, but nothing special; and as you can imagine I hated Johnny Bravo.
Did Johnny Quest start on CN? That used to scare the ass out of me.

Freakazoid was a favorite. Anyone remember Time Squad?
Freakazoid was one of my old favorites too although I hated the time it came on before it was canceled >.>. I started hating CN around the time toonami stop airing daily but my mom apparently loves watch kids complain while stuck in the woods.
Too akuchi I'm 98% sure it started on CN and I never liked it either.

JQ started on ABC in 1964. :p I hated it too, that damn pterodactyl that kidnapped the dog always kept me from watching the next 25 minutes..

Well, I actually am Intrigued by some of the shows (read: Othersiders, Survive this!), but, and forgive me for being off topic when I say this, I think Cartoon Network lost interest (from myself, and pretty much all of my friends) when they cut Toonami. That's just me, but, they could do better, with the shows they already have. Still, it wouldn't hurt to bring some Toonami shows back, even if they have to show it on adult swim time, like, the final season of Sailor moon (I was kinda pissed when they canceled it), and Naruto Shuppuden.

What's with the Ed, Edd, n Eddy hate? Go watch it again, if you think it was infantile. Yeah, some of it was, but then you watch an episode where Ed realizes that the trees are made of cardboard, that the sun retains its size regardless of perspective, and they break all reality - breaking the fourth wall and breaking it again by mentioning that the fourth wall was broken.
There's an episode where Jimmy, the little runt that follows Sarah around, turns out to be an evil genius, referencing a previous episode where Eddy teaches him how to scam people.
What's wrong with that.

Also, Katamari Damacy reference on Chowder FTW.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Xiaolin Showdown, Beyblade, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.. ahh. Heydey.

Ed, Edd'n'Eddy was fucking dire, infantile bullshit; Dexters Lab was quality, but nothing special; and as you can imagine I hated Johnny Bravo.
Did Johnny Quest start on CN? That used to scare the ass out of me.
Johnny Bravo the character or the show itself, which was essentially all about lampooning JB? JB was supposed to be an unsympathetic comedy protagonist. How could you not laugh at the clown on an airplane episode?

its sad CN real is cartoon networks attempt to be a legit network, and to bascily copy Mtv by spamming reality shows. All of the new shows are kids versions of better shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)