Tournament CAPPL IX - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
CAPPL IX - Manager Signups

Alright pals, we once again find ourselves on the brink of another CAP Premier League. As is the custom with any team tournament, we're going to need qualified users to manage each team. What this generally involves is scouting out each player who signs up, formulating a coherent strategy for the draft, maintaining correspondence with me in regards to weekly lineups and potential substitutions, keeping your team active and well coordinated, and approaching staff with any issues as the tournament progresses.

We're planning on having 6 total managers each with their own assistant managers for CAPPL IX. In terms of involvement, this tournament is projected to end in mid-August. Please refer for this thread for specifics regarding the logistics for this tour.

Now if you've read the above and feel that you're both willing and qualified to be a manager, please make a post in this thread using the following format:
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
List of Accomplishments:
CAP Involvement:
Why you would make a good manager:
Signups will be open until Thursday, May 25th at 11:59pm GMT-5.

spell

Death and I
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
manager: fade
co-manager: spellcaster
team name: Sylveon and the Forces of Evil
accomplishments: jon has an entire novel's worth of accomplishments but the main head-liner is that he was 17-6 in the past two official team tournaments. he also has shadow managed/managed quite a bit having won mpl as a manager and is currently shadow managing my smpl team (in semifinals right now). i am a bit more green to managing, having only done it 3? times but ive had ok performances in puwc/ndpl as a manager and currently looking to make poffs in ndwc alongside the smpl i am in currently.
cap involvement: ive played in cl and pl with like a 3-5 all time record whereas jon went deep into the money tour + had a good cappl last year. were both not really involved in the community but i know who is Viable and who is Unviable
why would you make a good manager: i am very active, and can guarantee an semi-active chat on my own. jon will also be the realist and tell our players (win or lose) how to improve

i can also provide good support for sm and oras, w some experience in ss

Last edited:

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Manager: Me
Assistant Manager: D2TheW
Team Name: Carbombing CAP32s (PLACEHOLDER UNTIL IT HAS A REAL NAME)
List of Accomplishments: He say that I’m good enough
CAP Involvement: Grabbin my duhduhduh
Why you would make a good manager: Thinkin bout things that I shouldn’t’ve
Retain preference: U already know like

EFBDC7A5-B872-4DF6-A648-61EEE755C1FD.jpeg

HEMOGOBLINS… WE RISE!!!!!

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Manager: Leru
Assistant Manager: Stone Cold
Team Name: Dave's Dedennes
List of Accomplishments: I won SPL and SCL. Dave won WCoP five times and SCL. I also won for round 1 of the DPP CAP money tournament yesterday.
CAP Involvement: We managed last CAPCL.
Why you would make a good manager: After last CAPCL, Dave and me have been training in the mountains. We signed up to manage eight other team tournaments (NPL, UUFPL, VGCPL, PMPL, ADVPL, SMPL, SSPL, DPPPL) together in order to strengthen our managing capabilities and become even greater managers worthy and capable of leading a CAPPL team all the way to the top. In all of these, we either qualified for playoffs already or are in serious contention. While a few of them are still in the middle of the regular season, two of our teams have guaranteed the first seed and a third team has very favorable odds of doing so as well in their respective tournaments. We have been rigorously working on ourselves and there is no shred of doubt left on our minds that we will win this upcoming CAPPL if we are picked as managers. (also, both of us have plenty of experience with managing as well as playing on the official stage, with me having managed SCL and WCoP once and Dave having managed numerous SPLs, WCoPs and SCLs)

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Manager: dex
Assistant Manager: lax
Team Name: tbd
List of Accomplishments: I won the first CAPCL. Lax is that guy.
CAP Involvement: I do CAP things. Lax is very excited to play some CAP.
Retain Preference: Lechonkers

Last edited:

Dj Breloominati♬

born to play, forced to john
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Manager: Dj Breloominati♬
Assistant Manager: RaJ.Shoot
Team Name: No Fucks Great Tusks (NFTs)
got the approval from brambane / zeph to take over the franchise
List of Accomplishments: have made playoffs in the past four CAP teamtours that I have shadow managed in, reaching finals with the Chromeras, Steelix D's and Crawlers. Raj has generally been the CG focalpoint of whichever team hes been on, most recently going undefeated in capcl.
CAP Involvement:

we foster a good team environment as any player on our past teams would advocate for.
looking forward to finally getting the W this time :heart:

RaJ.Shoot

Keep It Simple
LCPL Champion
Manager: Dj Breloominati♬
Assistant Manager: RaJ.Shoot
Team Name: No Fucks Great Tusks (NFTs)
got the approval from brambane / zeph to take over the franchise
List of Accomplishments: have made playoffs in the past four CAP teamtours that I have (shadow) managed in, reaching finals with the Chromeras, Steelix D's and Crawlers. Raj has generally been the CG focalpoint of whichever team hes been on, most recently going undefeated in capcl.
CAP Involvement:

we foster a good team environment as any player on our past teams would advocate for.
looking forward to finally getting the W this time :heart:
Confirming.

So Noisy

sehna padega thoda
Manager: Piyush25
Assistant Manager: So Noisy
Team Name: Jai Jagannath Giants
List of Accomplishments: Have a positive record against Spit. Noisy has a job.
CAP Involvement: I have more than 100 messages in the cap cord
Why you would make a good manager: Only here to beat raj and Spit
confirming about the job part, not sure about positive vs spit part
Jai Jagannath

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
Manager: Clementine
Assistant Manager: Fragments
Team Name: Mollux Stocks

I've been involved in the CAP tournaments scene for close to a year at that point, quickly establishing myself as one of the most promising SM CAP players around, with a perfect record in CAPPL X, and a positive record in CAPCL. My tournament experience in general includes: managing and winning RBTT IV, managing and winning the 9th edition of the French Community League, winning PSPL IX, winning NDPL III, and more recently, winning UUPL XI, and playing in like 20 teamtours.
Fragments has managed and won RBTT, also managed UMPL, 2v2PL, and BLT. Never missed playoffs in any tour he's managed. Also played in RUPL, UUFPL, 1v1PL. He started playing CAP in SS and can very easily help with prep.
While our CAP presence can be less important compared to other pairings in this thread, our main strength as a managers pair comes from our experience together. Fragments and I have managed teams for two consecutive editions of RBTT, winning our first season as managers and making it to semis the second time. We're always extremely active in teamchat and our dynamics will make even the deadest discord presence drop 2k lines in 5 weeks.

molluxstocks.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)