Tournament CAPCL III - Finals [Won by Shoenice Skwovets]

CAPCL III - Finals
IMG_2522.png

thanks Kiwi for amazing art

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Replays & Stat Usage<<
>>Spreadsheet<<
>>Commencement<<

:skwovet:Shoenice Skwovets (4) vs (4) Nefarious Nohfaces :Nohface:
SV CAP: autumn vs Suzuya
SV CAP: Fragments vs Fc
SV CAP: quziel vs pichus
SS CAP: Ina fable vs temp
ORAS CAP: Blui vs Lostmemories
BW CAP: TGA vs tier
DPP CAP: innovamania vs Binacle Pinnacle
CAP Monotype: sapphiree vs byulharang

Shoenice Skwovets (0) vs (0) Nefarious Nohfaces
SV CAP: autumn vs Suzuya
SV CAP: Fragments vs Fc
SV CAP: quziel vs pichus
SS CAP: Ina fable vs temp
ORAS CAP: Blui vs Lostmemories
BW CAP: TGA vs tier
DPP CAP: innovamania vs Binacle Pinnacle
CAP Monotype: sapphiree vs byulharang

The deadline for this round is Sunday, March 10th at 11:59 PM GMT-5.

Last edited:

byulharang

formerly Holy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
flashback music
in an unknown factory in an unknown location
jake: ...well ?
C2: just *click* need to put this *click* right about *click* here... my dear apprentice fetch me the final ingredient!
Drew: here you go *drops something in front of the work station, taking their blindfold off*
unidentified person: w-where am I.. *wipes eyes*
C2: WAHAHAHA, why hello the dishonored one, or should I say binpin ?
binpin looks around frantically after realizing his chains and seeing the ABOMINATION being worked on
binpin: WHY AM I HERE
C2: well you are the final component to my GREATEST invention ! wahahaha, with your waffle energy I will be able to charge a million of these !
Denzel: Lets hurry this up, you said it would be ready when we arrived.
C2: yes yes, let me just *click* *electrical hiss sound* *hooks wires to binpin* *click*
binpin: NO, I WONT ALLOW TH-
*jake quickly silences binpin*
jake: enough of you. speed this up now C2.
C2: *flips huge switch lighting up the entire factory*
C2: HUZZAH !
the cap high council stand in amazement
moments later the shuttle holding the ABOMINATION opens, releasing plenty of smoke

Drew: well... did it work ?
C2: YES ! ITS A SUCCESS !
ABOMINATION: Greetings. I am Hemogoblin the mold exterminator, how may I be of service ?

Last edited:

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Shoenice Skwovets (0) vs (0) Nefarious Nohfaces
SV CAP: autumn vs Suzuya- biased pick cause autumn's my goat, both have been playing really well tho recently IMO. really looking forward to this one
SV CAP: Fragments vs Fc- Fc's on a heater and I refuse to bold against him
SV CAP: quziel vs pichus- quz will probably cook something that looks absolutely unholy, however it will work flawlessly in his hands
SS CAP: Ina fable vs temp- better season so far, but this seems like a fun one- both teams run fun stuff in SS if I remember it right
ORAS CAP: Blui vs Lostmemories- think there are some clear places to look at for both players in this matchup, but I favor Blui a bit. i've been like perma wrong in this slot tho
BW CAP: TGA vs tier- I will never not bold TGA in a matchup in BW. real talk though I think this is the best game of the week, Tier's been stellar as of late and I have this like 55-45 at best either way. Don't miss this one
DPP CAP: innovamania vs Binacle Pinnacle- WINPIN??? I'm fully a believer at this point, he's had an awesome season and I wanna see him bring it home. hopefully he stops with the larping sometime soon this is getting so old man
CAP Monotype: Sapphire vs byulharang- really enjoyed watching mono this year and hg is one of the biggest reasons why. bring it home boss

rooting for quz/autumn/tga/binpin in particular, hope the nohfaces win overall tho (wonder why)

Back at the CAP ROUNDTABLE
An ominous silence hangs over the round table. The kind of silence that you only experience before something awful happens.
snake:
..........Spoo.
spoo: Y-yes, sir ?
snake: You claimed you and D2's creation to be the ultimate Mold Exterminator, correct ?
spoo: W-why yes sir !! It's only the be-
snake: Then why did it fail ?
spoo: It... what ?
snake: Answer the question before I make you.
spoo: I-I c-c-can't-
snake: Of course you can't. Don't worry. This is clearly my fault. I'VE SURROUNDED MYSELF WITH FAILURES !!
Spoo can only sit in stunned silence. Quziel stands up and backs away, sensing that something bad is about to happen.
snake:
Spoo. I gave you two simple jobs: to create a HEART to complete our trifecta, and to eliminate all mold once and for all. You have failed spectacularly at both steps in your mission. But I've learned my lesson now, that I and I alone am the Mold Exterminator. The HEART is faulty, but my own power and with the flawless SOUL and MIND, I should be able to finish this off.
spoo: snake, NO !! I-I can fix this, you c-
snake: I've heard enough from you. The last thing you can do to make yourself useful is to not utter another word.
spoo: ........
snake: Now, where were we ? Pulls out ancient scrolls Let's end this little upset once and for all. Begins to read "THE THREE DEMONS OF CAP, I INVOKE THINE NAMES !! THE SOUL, THE BEGINNING OF SIN, HE WHO SPINBLOCKED WITH THE UTMOST PERFECTION !! THE MIND, THE ILLUSION OF BALANCE, HE WHO WAS THE CHILD OF HUMANITY'S LUST FOR POWER !! THE HEART, THE FLAWED ONE, HE WHO FAILED US, AND WILL NOW ASSIST US !! YOU THREE VILE KINGS, LEND ME YOUR STRENGTH !!"
Energy from REVENANKH, AURUMOTH, and HEMOGOBLIN flow into their new vessel, snake. The resulting creature, PARAGON CAP, is revealed once the blinding light fades.
PARAGON CAP:
YES !! IT WORKED !!
spoo: O-of course !! I knew it, it was only a ma-
PARAGON CAP forms a blaster out of Aurumoth's wings that disintegrates spoo immediately.
quziel:
WTF !!
PARAGON CAP: You. You have not failed me. You have nothing to fear. Take some of my power and defeat the Nohfaces once and for all. That little bit should be enough to wipe all mold off the face of the map without making too much noise.
Before quziel can object, PARAGON CAP uses a corrupted Wish to pass some power to him. As the power courses through him, quziel is transformed into an abomination.
???:
WHAT IS THIS ? WHY AM I SO WRONG ? WHY DO I FEEL THAT MY VERY EXISTENCE IS A DEFIANCE ?
PARAGON CAP: You are FLAWED PARAGON bruvulous. Follow me, and you will be given purpose.

The fate of the CAP REALM hangs in the balance. GOLDEN HEART FC and the Nohfaces will fight FLAWED PARAGON and the Skwovets in a battle that will define the new age !!

Back at the CAP ROUNDTABLE
An ominous silence hangs over the round table. The kind of silence that you only experience before something awful happens.
snake:
..........Spoo.
spoo: Y-yes, sir ?
snake: You claimed you and D2's creation to be the ultimate Mold Exterminator, correct ?
spoo: W-why yes sir !! It's only the be-
snake: Then why did it fail ?
spoo: It... what ?
snake: Answer the question before I make you.
spoo: I-I c-c-can't-
snake: Of course you can't. Don't worry. This is clearly my fault. I'VE SURROUNDED MYSELF WITH FAILURES !!
Spoo can only sit in stunned silence. Quziel stands up and backs away, sensing that something bad is about to happen.
snake:
Spoo. I gave you two simple jobs: to create a HEART to complete our trifecta, and to eliminate all mold once and for all. You have failed spectacularly at both steps in your mission. But I've learned my lesson now, that I and I alone am the Mold Exterminator. The HEART is faulty, but my own power and with the flawless SOUL and MIND, I should be able to finish this off.
spoo: snake, NO !! I-I can fix this, you c-
snake: I've heard enough from you. The last thing you can do to make yourself useful is to not utter another word.
spoo: ........
snake: Now, where were we ? Pulls out ancient scrolls Let's end this little upset once and for all. Begins to read "THE THREE DEMONS OF CAP, I INVOKE THINE NAMES !! THE SOUL, THE BEGINNING OF SIN, HE WHO SPINBLOCKED WITH THE UTMOST PERFECTION !! THE MIND, THE ILLUSION OF BALANCE, HE WHO WAS THE CHILD OF HUMANITY'S LUST FOR POWER !! THE HEART, THE FLAWED ONE, HE WHO FAILED US, AND WILL NOW ASSIST US !! YOU THREE VILE KINGS, LEND ME YOUR STRENGTH !!"
Energy from REVENANKH, AURUMOTH, and HEMOGOBLIN flow into their new vessel, snake. The resulting creature, PARAGON CAP, is revealed once the blinding light fades.
PARAGON CAP:
YES !! IT WORKED !!
spoo: O-of course !! I knew it, it was only a ma-
PARAGON CAP forms a blaster out of Aurumoth's wings that disintegrates spoo immediately.
quziel:
WTF !!
PARAGON CAP: You. You have not failed me. You have nothing to fear. Take some of my power and defeat the Nohfaces once and for all. That little bit should be enough to wipe all mold off the face of the map without making too much noise.
Before quziel can object, PARAGON CAP uses a corrupted Wish to pass some power to him. As the power courses through him, quziel is transformed into an abomination.
???:
WHAT IS THIS ? WHY AM I SO WRONG ? WHY DO I FEEL THAT MY VERY EXISTENCE IS A DEFIANCE ?
PARAGON CAP: You are FLAWED PARAGON bruvulous. Follow me, and you will be given purpose.

The fate of the CAP REALM hangs in the balance. GOLDEN HEART FC and the Nohfaces will fight FLAWED PARAGON and the Skwovets in a battle that will define the new age !!
flashbacks intensify.
A yung Strappus appears after the destruction of the CAP scene after his retirement from the metagame. It appears that BinaclePinnacle, the wretched bastard has token the mold and spread it across the scene.
drew: JAKE LOOK.... IN THE SKY
Jake: WHERE MAN? WHERE?
C2: IT'S THE STRAP! OUR GUARDIAN ANGEL TO SAVE US FROM THE WRETCHED BINPIN
Strappus: BinaclePinnacle, my archnemesis, you will let these innocent bystanders go at their own free will or else things will get strapped.
denzel and drew piss their pants
BinaclePinnacle: ehy ehy ehy! Strappus.... you really think im gonna give up that easily? PARAGON CAP!! DISMANTLE STRAPPUS AT ONCE
STRAPPUS: ... hey Paragon why dont we get down to bus-
PARAGON CAP: STRAPPUS. YOU ARE A FRACTION OF MY MIGHT! AND ALSO A LIVELY SPEC OF THE SPECS!!! YOU STAND NO MATCH AGAINST ME!
Strappus: I wasnt finished talking pal
Strappus undergoes an overwhelming and grotesque transformation, transforming him into 2020-22 STRAPPUS
2020-22 Strappus: NOW U WILL WITNESS TRUE ULTIMATE POWER

jake, drew, and denzel flee from the scene to take cover, c2 watches in awe
Drew: ..... C2 LOOK OUT
PARAGON CAP: GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

THE PARAGON CAP FIRES AN ULTRASOUND BEAM ONTO C2, COMPLETELY VAPORIZING HIM
2020-22 Strappus: C2 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BinaclePinnacle: EXCELLENT !
denzel: .... meh he was kinda pepedumb anyways :trollamos:
Jake and Drew: :trollamos: :zahando-2: dap me up brutha
2020-22 Strappus: hey Paragon CAP take this! GRAH GRAH GRAH
2020-22 Strappus fires a time ray onto the paragon cap which erases him from time!!

BinaclePinnacle: NO HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? THIS CANT BE !!!!!!
2020-22 Strappus: ehy BinPin? u said u wanted ur own mold well here ya go!
BinaclePinnacle: CURSES STRAPPUS
BINPIN FLEES FROM THE SCENE

Jake, Drew, Denzel: HURRAY THE STRAPPUS OUR HERO
2020-22 Strappus: I will be here to protect and serve CAP, EXCELLENT!!!!

AS OUR HERO, STRAPPUS SAVES THE DAY FROM WHAT COULDVE BEEN A DISTATEROUS EVENT. HOWEVER, AN EVERLOOMING DARKNESS EVADES US! WILL STRAPPUS SAVE THE DAY OR WILL HE COME UP SHORT? FIND OUT NEXT TIME!!!

If this isn't what he fought for, then he fought for nothing.
1709622003439.png

1709621851847.png

1709621863625.png

1709621900003.png

"How many stars do you see, Eugene Krabs?"
"I don't know, maybe 15? 20?"
"Keep looking, usually after a bit you get accustomed to looking at a dark sky. I bet if you keep looking around you'll see double that."
"Oh for sure dude? I mean yeah, I think I see a couple more now that appear more faint to the eye's vision. Where'd you hear about being able to see more?"
"Someone once told me even in times of darkness, more light will always be ahead. All you need is to know where to look."
"Yeah? I mean it will be day soon enough. I guess it's vacuously true."
"No Eugene, entertain me here. You haven't been your old self in a while. You've been searching for your surprise beam of light. I don't know what you've been up to as of late but I can sense that there's something on your mind. The scenery is pretty apt for you to open up about what you're going through. About as graceful as it'll get."
"Give me a few minutes. I appreciate it homie. It'll be soon."
"No Mr. Krabs... c'mon man. What's up with you and the family?"
"Listen dude it really is not the time. If I were comfortable conveying what I've been feeling I would be able to do it right here. But right now, I'm just not. I'm really sorry."
"Mr. Krabs, please. Look, I recognize we're at that guarded age where some things we hold too precious in our minds. We all see the light and darkness of the world differently. In this one moment, it would mean a lot to be able to help or at least know that I'm on your side here."
"It'll be soon. I promise."
"Eugene, I want it now."
The prolonged silence becomes palpable. Eugene, clinging to his will to remain silent, reaches into his left pocket to grab his wallet, within it a picture of a younger, smiling Eugene and the man beside him then and now. The dark sky offers little clarification to the image, but Eugene knows it well, perhaps too well.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)