CAP Prevos - Monohm & Duohm - Stats Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Next step is stats! Cyclohm's stats are 108 / 60 / 118 / 112 / 70 / 80. How will its pre-evos scale? You are required to submit stats for both members of the set as a group.

You have 72 hours to make your final submissions.

--

Monohm

image6.png
image3.png

Typing: Electric
Abilities: Shield Dust/Static/Damp

--

Duohm

image4.png
image2.png

Typing: Electric/Dragon
Abilities: Shield Dust/Static/Damp

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Monohm
58 / 40 / 58 / 62 / 40 / 40
BST: 298

Duohm
88 / 60 / 88 / 72 / 50 / 60
BST: 418

I decided on these numbers based on their designs but roughly keeping the pattern of Cyclohm as physically bulky and specially offensive. In the case of Monohm I saw it as a bit more balanced bulk-wise in terms of its design so made the difference between its stats as smaller. Duohm on the other hand definitely looks bulky and physically imposing, and as such decided to weigh into its HP, Attack, Def and Speed as the logical places to increase its stats significantly. Moving into Cyclohm, Duohm's attack stays the same, as all of its other stats increase by 20 to 40 (in the case of its Special Attack).

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Monohm

53 HP / 40 Atk / 58 Def / 67 SpA / 55 SpD / 55 Spe
Base Stat Total: 328

Duohm
88 HP / 40 Atk / 103 Def / 77 SpA / 60 SpD / 60 Spe
Base Stat Total: 428

While working out these stats, I primarily was doing comparisons to two other Pokemon and their families: Haxorus and Magnezone. Haxorus is the third stage Dragon type with the closest BST to Cyclohm, while Magnezone was an electric type with a close-ish BST that, like Cyclohm has three pretty good stats and three not so great ones. Because Magneton is kinda a weird case due to having formerly been a fully evolved Pokemon, I based my BSTs more off of Haxorus's family, but I did reference Magneton a lot because I thought that Duohm, like Magneton should also excel pretty well at the thing its evolution is best at.

Looking at Duohm, the main thing I wanted was for it to remain physically bulky. This, far moreso that its special offense was the trait that I wanted it to excel at. So, while all stats go reduced somewhat, I made sure that the biggest loss was from SpA so that the other stats could drop more uniformly, leaving its high physical bulk still good, and its weaknesses weak, but not ridiculously so.

For Monohm, on the other hand, I do not believe it looks physically bulky at all. If anything it looks kinda frail. While I don't want to massively change the overall stat bias of the family, what I did do was make the biggest stat drops come from HP and Defense. Every other stat only received a minor drop, or in the case of Atk, none at all. So, while this did not suddenly turn its defenses into its worst aspect, Monohm would not be a much more well rounded mon, with its best aspect being offensive, which I believe fits it.

Final Submission

Monohm
48/40/58/52/50/50
Base Stat Total 298

Duohm
73/50/88/82/60/65
Base Stat Total 418

After going over the stats I felt a need for Monohm to reduce 60 in its highest stats while other stats were reduced by 20 to 30 depending on the stats. This was done to keep the stats in line with first stage Pokemon without trying to make the numbers unrealistic. With Duohm, I simply added the difference between Monohm and Cyclohm's stats whether it was 10, 15 or 30 points to make it feel like a true middle stage Pokemon.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Monohm

58 HP / 40 Atk / 68 Def / 62 SpA / 40 SpD / 40 Spe
BST: 308

Duohm

88 HP / 50 Atk / 88 Def / 72 SpA / 60 SpD / 60 Spe
BST: 418

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

Monohm
48 / 40 / 58 / 72 / 40 / 90

BST: 348

Duohm
88 / 50 / 88 / 92 / 60 / 60
BST: 438

When I was first starting these stats I took a good look at the whole Cyclohm line and pondered if I should go for a standard approach of gradual increases across the board, but I really just can't see Monohm as anything but light zippy lil in stark contrast to it's later stages. I took inspiration from the Tynamo line (ty to Jewvia for pointing it out to me) where the line starts at it's fastest with small zippy little Tynamo (60), loses a substantial amount when evolving into the much larger and awkward Eelektrik (40) before regaining a modicum of it's speed when it finally becomes the mature Eelektross (50). I picture Monohm's evolution being much the same, with it's bulk increasing substantially but not being able to move quite as fast when it bulks out into Duohm (-30) then finally catching it's stride when it becomes a true thunderstorm at Cyclohm (+20).

The rest of the stats I took a much more standard incremental approach with. HP raises by 40 then by 20, Atk by 10 both times, Def & SpA increase by 30 & 20 respectively each time, and SpDef rises 20 then 10. I wanted to put emphasis on Monohm's offensive potential due it's higher speed and transition it to the more tank styled build of it's final evolution through Duohm. I contemplated lowering it's SpA a bit more to keep it in line with Cyclohm having Defense as it's highest stat but I felt like keeping the same +20 between stages for consistency's sake.

Final Submission

58 / 30 / 68 / 52 / 40 / 60
308 BST

98 / 60 / 98 / 82 / 50 / 40
428 BST

Duohm having only 60 Attack makes little sense to me, but so does making that number go down after evolving, so it only feels fair for me to cap it at the middle stage.

I also think Duohm just looks slow, with a bigger frame and it favoring its front legs. You could even flavorfully justify Duohm's slower speed by presuming that it takes longer for it to process orders from its trainer due to the turmoil between its heads.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Monohm

68 HP / 30 Atk / 68 Def / 62 SpA / 500 SpD / 50 Spe
BST: 328

Duohm

88 HP / 40 Atk / 98 Def / 72 SpA / 60 SpD / 60 Spe
BST: 428

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Monohm

58 HP/ 20 Atk / 78 Def / 72 Spa / 50 SpD / 40 Spe
BST: 318

Duohm

88 HP / 50 Atk / 88 Def / 92 Spa / 60 SpD / 70 Spe
BST: 448

I tried to keep the distinct strengths and weaknesses of Cyclohm throughout the stats of its prevos. I opted for a pretty big stat increase from Monohm to Duohm because of the pretty noticeable size difference between the two of them. Additionally, given Cyclohm's power level, I thought to make its prevos pretty strong, giving them BSTs about equal to Honedge and Doublade respectively, which I think is a comparable line in terms of stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)