CaP Prevos - CaP 28 Prevo - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hi all!

Now we have some artwork of our latest bouncing baby we can get some Sprites going!

The above was the winning art design, so please use it as inspiration!

Sprite Rules
  • Sprites should be inspired by the winning designs from the above design. It does not need to be an exact rendition of every detail of the designs; "artistic license" is granted to all spriters. However, drastic deviation from the selected art designs is discouraged.
  • All sprites (front and back) can have a maximum size of 96x96.
  • All sprites (front and back) must have a complete, unbroken, distinguishable outline. It does not need to be a black outline, but it must be clearly distinguishable from the adjacent interior colors of the sprite
  • No action effects, move effects, environment effects or additional objects can be rendered on or around the Pokemon.
  • Sprites must be in PNG format.
  • Use transparent backgrounds.
  • Unless you are using the sprite above, all sprites must be scratch sprites that are completely original works by the spriter. Fusions of other sprites or pixel-overs of other artist's lineart (including the main design) are not allowed.
  • Do not alter, fuse, recolor or otherwise modify another spriter's submission unless the original artist explicitly gives permission.
  • All sprites (front and back) must use the same color palette.
  • All sprites (front and back) must use roughly the same size and pose when compared to each other.
Final Submission Post

All spriters must make a final submission post conforming to the sprite rules (listed above) and the following:
  • The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, with the sprites at the top, and any additional description or comments (if applicable) below them.
  • Final submissions must contain a minimum of 2 sprites - Front and Back. If the winning design has supporting art with gender differences, spriters may choose to include those gender differences (Male and Female versions of each), for a total of 4 sprites. Gender differences are NOT required. Spriters cannot create new gender differences.
  • Only submit ONE PNG that contains all the submitted sprites. Please do not submit separate images for every sprite. One "cutsheet" makes it easier for mods to track submissions and ensure each complete set of sprites stay intact.
  • The final submission image must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as Imgur). Do not use the 'Attach a photo' tool on messaging apps (e.g. Discord). Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.
  • Only make one (1) final submission post.
Advice for Spriters
  • Compare your sprites against other Pokemon sprites to make sure your sprites match the in-game sprites in size and style.
  • Please look at your transparent sprites against different colored backgrounds, not just white. In Pokémon Showdown, the sprite will be displayed on multiple background colors in battle.
  • We recommend you use no more than 16 colors for your sprites' palette. This limit may be broken for complex designs.

You guys will have a few days/weeks to get these sorted so there is no huge rush for them, and we will post a 48 hour deadline when we are ready to proceed!

WIP

first of all, congrats Sun for winning

this is my one of my first sprites in a long time and it was a fun challenge

originally i wanted the bakcsprite to have the mouth open and then i saw the last rule on the list so i had to make a last minute change xd

sun_dew

formerly JAGFL
is a Pre-Contributor
WIP

It’s basically finished, only WIP part that I plan on changing is the fake eye on the backsprite.

It’s definitely been a while since I’ve last made any sort of spritework, but I’m relatively confident in these sprites. Sized up for clarity, of course.

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
WIP

Quick rough draft of the front sprite! Might size it down to fit with other Bug-type prevo sprites a bit more.

WIP

A renovation of my first sprite, now it is smaller (around the size of venipede), reduced the color pallette, improved a bit the posing, etc

Also i feel like i may clarify why i choose this pose, bascally sunfished said that it closes its tail to look like a dragon, i interpreted that as in "to intimidate enemies" which is something you'll do on a battle

WIP

fairly pleased with how it came out considering i haven't done a custom sprite in a decade, feedback is highly appreciated. will likely do the backsprite in the weekend

came out taller than most pre-evo bug-types due to the smoke clouds, but otherwise i think its size is reasonable

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
WIP

Been putting quite a bit of effort into this one, definitely happy with how it's turned out so far!

WIP
these are pretty much done, but i'd appreciate more feedback before submitting
I think slightly less saturation on the color of the body would look better.
And on the back sprite the spikes on the fake head don’t line up right imo. I think the one in the back should be positioned a little lower (2-3 Pixels)
Also keep in mind that both sprites should be in one image for the final submission.

WIP

i think i kinda finished with the sprite, made asome changes mainly in the shading, outline and color pallette, i'll wait a bit before the final submission, any feedback is appreciated :3

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You have 48 hours to make your final submissions for sprites! If you need additional time, though, please feel free to ask for an extension either here or on Discord.

Final Submission

ended up completely redoing the smoke to better resemble the artwork, really pleased with the final result. thanks to everyone here and on discord that provided feedback!

colors: 13 (incl. black and offwhite) + transparency

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)