CAP Prevo - Nohface - Shiny Palette Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Now that we have the winning sprites for Nohface, let's make shinies for the design!

For reference, here are Kitsunoh's Gen. V sprites + shinies, which may inspire your shiny palette:

Edit: You have 72 hours to make your submissions!

-----

Shiny Palette Rules
  • Shiny palettes must be submitted as palette swaps of the winning sprite entry. No other modifications to the image may be made.
  • Colors in a shiny palette must have the same relative hue and brightness compared to the corresponding color on the original sprite.
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red
        • Dark blue -> dark red
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> white
        • Dark blue -> gray
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> gray
        • Dark blue -> black
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> dark green
        • Dark blue -> light green
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red
        • Dark blue -> dark green
      [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Images must be in PNG format.
No more than three WIP shiny palettes can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread.

Final Submission Post

All artists must make a final submission post conforming to the shiny palette rules (listed above) and the following:
  • The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, with the sprites at the top, and any additional description or comments (if applicable) below them.
  • The final submission image must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as Imgur). Do not use the forum's 'Drop/upload image' feature. Do not use the 'Attach a photo' tool on messaging apps (e.g. Discord). Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.
  • Only make one (1) final submission post.
Sprites:

Last edited:
Final Submission

Color swapping the eyes and fur (the purple was a bit too dark and dark red was too light so they were changed a bit, but the idea's still there)

Last edited:

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
WIP (1/3)

Decided to give mine a shiny Eevee-esque color palette, and of the two I'm posing, I'm kind of leaning towards this one more.

WIP (2/3)

I decided to swap all three colors around for this shiny palette, though the darks might be too dark and the brights too bright at the moment.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP

1596766404046.png

This one is based on Kitsunoh's original shiny which was actually a more solid green than the current turquoise! I don't think this is necessarily a problem as having some minor differences between the hues of the evolution and the base form in game, and is a nice homage to the original shiny!

Final Submission

Not much to report here. I'm mostly a hobbyist and I thought I'd give this a whirl. No one else has done this rather sedate purple which I've always been fond of, and plenty of dark blue/black 'mons tend towards purple for their shinies. I had two others - one that was unfortunately similar to MrDollSteak's and another that was a rather striking orange that I'd dubbed "the Halloweenie" - but they didn't make the cut. And, of course, I'm sure someone will go for that classic GF "eye-searing green that only works on Chansey and Druddigon" option, so I decided to let them have it.

Edit: I may be outside the 72 hours. Oh well. I had fun anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)