CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
well hello everyone i stardted battling on the Cap shoddybattle server yesterday and i will play cap battle from today onwards i will probably use scylant (favourite CAP becouse he is bug) unless i find another one that suits my playstyle better. Can´t wait for colossol since he is the first Cap i have been involved in

well hello everyone i stardted battling on the Cap shoddybattle server yesterday and i will play cap battle from today onwards i will probably use scylant (favourite CAP becouse he is bug) unless i find another one that suits my playstyle better. Can´t wait for colossol since he is the first Cap i have been involved in
What kind of playstyle do you like? Syclant is a lot of offense, watch the match between me and C! to see what that's like.

...so, if ohm and kit are implemented, when would that be, C!?
PS: PLEASE make the grabs more forgiving (e.g., just holding light and medium, not at the very same time) ! I only ever do them by accident.

Awesome game, you did a great job with it, Cartoons!. I've managed to beat Breezy with all the characters except Argo (mainly because I haven't bothered too), and found Rev, Fidgit, and Syclant to be my favorites from the characters. I even managed to clear Breezy without any damage by spamming Rev's Crouch Medium attack against all characters except Strata.

I did notice two glitches (graphical ones) that haven't been mention that should probably be corrected in v.03:
~ When hit while doing Swords Dance, Syclant retains the 'dash dust' around it's feet, even when not doing the attack or jumping.
~ When hit while doing Rapid Spin, the screen stays dark and Fidgit retains the whole shadow (another, darker Fidgit with some light transparency near him) thing when being hit.

And then some random suggestions:
~Options for Local Versus like an always full special meter, manipulatedable health (like setting the foe at a certain percentage at the match's start), and whatnot.
~Sound Test. Seriously, that'd be really awesome.
~Invincibility Frames during Special Moves.
~A tutorial video explaining the combos, controls, and whatnot of the game. I would recommend putting it in a separate file than the game, so the game isn't really slow and whatnot.
~Adventure Mode would be awesome too, if it's not to much of a coding hassle.
~Standard 'Strata AP glitch fix, separate grab button, secret characters/stages, etc.' suggestions.

Great game all in all, the music's pretty good, the artwork is phenomenal, Fidgit's cutscenses are just adorable, the ending cutscene to Pyroak was good too, and I'm left wondering who that mysterious shadow is in Strata's end cutscene... Edit: Nevermind, I skipped over the beginning cutscene by accident, so I didn't figure that out. =/

Having problems with the Internet on my laptop so I can't do versus matches with anyone yet, but I'll be open for a match when I get things fixed.

Can't wait for CAP Nukem, Cartoons!!

Edit: Finally beat Breezy with Argo and Sweatin' with Stratagem (the later I decided to main). The final boss is awesome, it was the most fun I've had against a boss in a long time.

Ok here is a tip on how to battle with scylant (at least i use him like this) ;). Get close to an opponent and spam light ice shard to rack up damage, if you use a fury attack by accident just block and look for an opportunity again, also the only chance your opponent has to block you is attacking (since if he blocks you will still attack and do little damage) so when he does use blizzard and hit him hard :D. You can also use a fury attack combo to move away from him and then close in with swords dance but it is not recommended against all CAP´s. If the opponent gets away and it is not very fast you can start spamming heavy ice shard.

Against Fidgit: Just use ice shard and try not to jump or he will grab you and get an advantage over you. Also stay close to him.

Against Pyroak: Ok I managed to score two perfects in a row when i tried this against the computer (i have never played against a real player so this might not be the best way to do it). First close in on the time countdown but not too close to be in grab range. use down heavy to knock him down and start spamming AS SOON AS HE STANDS UP otherwise you are in for a lot of pain, misclicking into fury attack means that you will get owned so you are better of hitting WITH THE HEAVY/MEDIUM attack button if you don’t feel confident enough not to make a mistake since light attack does nothing and has no knockback which is fundamental against pyroak. (Now he doesn’t seem so overpowered :P).

Against Arghonaut: Start away from him and use heavy SD to close in with a hit since it is the most effective option, hit him with any attack and start covering from his attacks (you can just stay covered all the time) until he combos in cut (and he will) there you start spamming light ice shards until he is at medium distance, there spam heavy ones. If he stops getting hit by them SD and repeat the process, like taking candy away from a child. Also if he by any chance jumps hit him with heavy fury attack (you need the timing but it really pays off).

Against Revenankh: This is a hard opponent since he will kick your ass and you will do almost nothing to him, but if you can control the match you will kill him easily. First try not to lose distance EVER or SP will hit you hard and there is nothing you can do against it if the disgraceful event that you are away happens jump back near him since his counter aerials are pretty bad and you will hit him. Also as soon as he blocks an ice shard just run for your life since that means Power Whip, it will make your life impossible since 4 practically kill you off. Use blizzard ASAP since you won’t get another chance (if you are spamming ice shards).

Against Stratagem: Ok this might seem like a pain but it is fairly easy, first strike him to the ground (might take you a while but if you play well you will be able to cover up from pretty much anything he throws at you from the air). Then the rest means KO for him, hit him with ice shard (light) from very close range and push him towards a wall. There he will have no chance since a few ice shards will kill him and he needs very good timing to get out of there.

I hope it was useful :D also I will say if I find a good way to kill another CAP easier.

Good tips, but strategies like that only work against computers. If you're playing though, get used to some of his other moves as well, so you can play well online, too.

yeah i have but the computers die really easy this way and i wanted to share them, i haven´t got the chance to fight against a human so i canñt test them against one :S

Thanks for the tips, GOTO. I know some people have found Syclant intimidating to pick up, so I hope people who haven't before will give him a try and perhaps find they enjoy using him too.

Also, I'm glad you enjoyed the final boss, Ninjabait. Look forward to being able play as him too! Some of your suggestions I may not be able to implement, but the glitches you've mentioned and the question of invincibility frames have been taken care of.

Some of you may be aware that Lunaport has been less than reliable as of late. I recently spoke with the creator who, having tested the lobby server, found no problems. Direct connection via IP is an independent function so I'm lead to believe the problem may be local. I'm re-downloading the game to make sure all the settings are pristine, and would suggest anyone who's experienced problems do the same too.

edit: Xaqwais and I just had a match and we connected just fine. So again, if you've been having trouble connecting, it might be worth just redownloading the game, particularly if you've exploited the playable Vitalimar trick (as we had both done).

Honestly I think Vitalimar is one of the worst creations of all-time. Everything else Cartoons does is awesome though.

Honestly I think Vitalimar is one of the worst creations of all-time. Everything else Cartoons does is awesome though.
What makes you say that? He's not that bad in reality, but since the computers reflexes are amazing, he seems a lot worse than he is.

So I was correct on what Vitalimar was. Didn't know it was a former CaP entry - I should've guessed. :P

I'll try beating Sweatin' w/ Pyroak again.....

EDIT: *spends 20 minutes loling at Vitalimar's victory dance, after spending another 20 loling at its actual design*

Thanks for the tips, GOTO. I know some people have found Syclant intimidating to pick up, so I hope people who haven't before will give him a try and perhaps find they enjoy using him too.
I immediately went for Syclant, and found I loved him. He's one of the most fun characters to play as, if you ask me. But I could see how it could be intimidating. Same goes for Strata.

Also, I'm glad you enjoyed the final boss, Ninjabait. Look forward to being able play as him too!
That made my day right there.

edit: Xaqwais and I just had a match and we connected just fine. So again, if you've been having trouble connecting, it might be worth just redownloading the game, particularly if you've exploited the playable Vitalimar trick (as we had both done).
Playing as Vitalimar, you say? Do tell.

*spends 20 minutes loling at Vitalimar's victory dance*
Yeah, his victory dance is rather funny.

And a quick question, are you only going to implement some of the CAP designs that didn't get picked? Playing as/against your CAP 8 design or Caladbolg's CAP 7 design looks like fun.

Argh, I accidentally hit "See Ya" after losing the 15th-or-so Vitalimar fight........ >_< Damn thing keeps pulling things out of its proverbial ass just when I think I can finally beat it....
Don't spoil it for those who haven't gotten through Sweatin' yet! D<
Alright, edited slightly. Might wanna' do the same on your post, then.

I might as well spill the beans on how to play as Vitalimar. You need to delete any character's .player file and rename Vitalimar's file to the file you just deleted (for example, If you delete Pyroak.player, rename Vitalimar.player as Pyroak.player). I'm not sure if cartoon cares if people play as a character they weren't suppose to, but playing a Vitalimar is still pretty fun (If you don't like it cartoons, say the word and I'll delete this post!)

I can only beat him with Fidgit and Pyroak. Being fair, I cannot combo for the life of me. I can just about master Pyroak's Energy Ball and diagonally up Flamethrower, but can't get the hang of Wood Hammer or the strong ranged Flamethrower. With Fidgit, I can use all of his combo moves except Rapid Spin, but they basically all suck except Comet Punch because nobody stays that far away. Because of this, I basically spammed their long range attack, the D move, whilst retreating. Fidgit has insane range on his D move, and Vitalimar can't quite get round it. Once you hit the edge of the stage, you have to jump attack past him though, and that's normally when he gets me, but I can defeat him maybe 3 times in 4.

With Pyroak, who is godly, I just spam ranged attacks, then jump attack whenever Vitalimar gets near.

Some characters do need some changing. Fidgit would love a close-range special, Pyroak needs hitting with the nerfbat, and Arghonaut just generally needs slight range increases on most of his attacks, and increased speed. Syclant's spin attack also needs a nerf, simply because with certain characters (Fidgit and Revenankh) if he gets them trapped against the edge of the stage, he can spin them into the air three times with no chance of them escaping, although on the fourth you can't do that fast enough in time to do it again. I find Stratagem is almost perfectly balanced, he's a nice character with nothing particularly unfair.

I might as well spill the beans on how to play as Vitalimar. You need to delete any character's .player file and rename Vitalimar's file to the file you just deleted (for example, If you delete Pyroak.player, rename Vitalimar.player as Pyroak.player). I'm not sure if cartoon cares if people play as a character they weren't suppose to, but playing a Vitalimar is still pretty fun (If you don't like it cartoons, say the word and I'll delete this post!)
You'll desync with people who haven't replaced that same character with Vitalimar, though.

Fidgit would love a close-range special
Comet Punch, also light Earth Power.

Fidgit doesn't really need any drastic changes like a new move to function well, the combined force of earth power -> snatch -> airthrow and his throw loop work well enough.

Just a few things. First, does Vitalimar have any usable special attacks? As far as I can tell, he doesn't have any you can use, but I'll just throw that up. Second, something I found out. If you follow the steps for playing as Vitalimar, but using Cyclohm or Kitsunoh instead will cause the battle to display the time signal, and the player will never appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)