• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Our Pokemon so far:

Name: Ultimate Scout
Description: A Pokemon that is very capable of forcing the opponent to reveal vital information about their team members and their moves using various techniques.
Type: Steel / Ghost
With a 0 to 20 (Somewhat Offensive) Style Bias, a 20 to Infinity (Physical) Build Bias, and a Quite Good (250-299) Base Stat Rating.
Ability: Frisk

Your options are as follows:

Defensive Download
If this Pokémon is switched into an opponent with higher Attack than Special Attack, it gets a +1 Defense boost. If the opponent has more Special Attack, this Pokémon gets a +1 Special Defense boost. If the opponent has equal offenses, this Pokémon gets a +1 Special Defense boost. Should this option win, a poll will be held to determine a more suitable name.
Limber
This Pokémon is immune to being paralyzed.
No Secondary Ability
Self-Explanatory
-Speed Intimidate
Lowers the enemy's Speed 1 stage on entering the battlefield. If this option wins, a poll will be held to decide upon a more suitable name.
Use the clicky poll above to vote. Ordered based on the last poll.

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
i voted limber because i hope that defensive download wont make it, and the rest dont seems as good.

I changed my mind about supporting Defensive Download. So I went with No secondary ability. Denfensive Download would ruin the greatness of Frisk.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm urging everyone who voted for NSA last time to vote for Limber. If you want to have a chance against Defensive Download, that is. Limber is as close to NSA as you can get at this point, and it won't harm this CAP in any way.

after starting to do my own damage calcs, and realizing that 252SpA fridgit can't OHKO with earth power, then maybe defense download would be a bit much. so i went NSA. strange considering i defended defense download so long.

Altair

just who is the coon?
Voted Limber. As I stated before, abilities like defensive download and -speed intimidate could break this thing. Also, tennisace is right in saying that Limber is as close to NSA as possible and that NSA doesn't stand too much of a chance against Defensive Download.

Ferron who actually runs Max SpAtk Fidgit? I have never, and I mean never, seen an offensive Fidget used.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
voted for Not Secondary Ability

I hope frisk stays as the unique ability. I want this guy to be as scoutish as possible, not bulky.

Ferron who actually runs Max SpAtk Fidgit? I have never, and I mean never, seen an offensive Fidget used.
Tennisace, but that was during the testing phrase so probably doesn't count. Maybe he's doing those calcultions in case a Spec Fidgit shows up despite how crazy that sounds.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah Specs Fidgit is pretty horrible, but I see where he's going with his calcs.

Voting Limber for the same reason as last topic:

I voted Limber, which gives it the useful ability to come in on the most common status in the game without losing it's wonderful scouting speed. Face it, if this thing gets paralyzed, it's good as dead. (Same reason as last topic). I also feel that many people voting for Speed Intimidate and Defensive Download are voting simply for "something new", much like how people preferred Steel/Ghost over Steel/Ground (btw, if it were Steel/Ground, it wouldn't need Limber to switch into paralysis). Aside from that, I feel that both abilities will be fairly broken.

Limber.
I would not be satisfied with either of the other two abilities until I knew both the final stats and the final movepool of CAP7, and of course that is not going to happen. The reason I would not be satisfied is because either of the other two abilities can easily make this pokemon broken, be it by having awesome defences or by shutting down a sweeper by lowering its speed on the switch-in. We may be trying to force switches, but it must not be a guaranteed switch every time CAP7 is seen on the battlefield.

Defensive download - CAP7 suddenly walls whatever it came in on. Firstly, CAP7 is not intended to be a wall - in fact, I think such a concept was suggested earlier. Secondly, it's a guaranteed switch, making it too good, especially if Pursuit appears on the movepool somewhere.

Speed intimidate - Only slightly better, since CAP7 coming in on a wall won't cause it to switch out. Coming in on a sweeper though pretty much shuts it down and CAP7 doesn't even need to do anything. The difference between this and regular or special intimidate is that the latter only affect one type of sweeper, whereas speed intimidate affects all sweepers, which then only promotes stall, which I seem to recall is what we were trying to avoid?

Therefore, it's either Limber or nothing for me.

All of the other options besides No Second Ability make the Scout more than a Scout. Since a Scout needs its speed to function properly, Limber needs to be its ability.

Voted "limber". It might not be as useful as frisk for scouting attackers, but there is a definite niche for it. Basically you could switch in on Blissey and find out if it has toxic or thunderwave, seismic toss or flamethrower (ouch) or ice beam. Blissey is setup bait for a lot of things as long as it doesn't have certain moves. Finding this out early could help secure a sweep later on. This could also apply to Cresselia, and probably others.

Speed imtimidate would make this thing the ultimate sweep stopper by merely switching in - which is kind of broken IMO. Not to mention completely beyond the scope of our concept. Defensive download goes against what has been going on in the other discussions, most notably "quite good" BST, "moderately offensive" build bias, and the vast majority of people getting worked up about not making this thing too bulky. Also would be pretty broken I think. It almost entirely outclasses intimidate. Think about that.

Voted Limber. Either ability will give you valuable information about the opponent. You just have to choose immunity to paralysis which will allow it to continue scouting later or knowing what item the opponent's pokemon is holding.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Voted for Limber, basically for all the same reasons that have been posted already. I would also like to note that with this ability, our scout can switch into Celebi and Blissey on even Thunder Wave, which is not only useful because it would be crippled if they had Frisk but also because it can scout for T-Wave or Toxic Blissey and T-Wave Celebi, which can be useful so that you don't have to make a wild guess and switch in Heatran or Infernape praying that T-Wave won't come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)