CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 7 (Base Stat Spread Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Gothic Togekiss
2. X-Act

Both are bulky yet fast, with not much in the attacking stats, so it fits well with the concept.

1.X-act
2.Gothic Togekiss

I had a hard time deciding which to put first. X-act's edged out for me due to the low hp/high def/spd which I arbitrarily felt was "more supporty".

Lol, I made almost the exact same set as GT. I really had no idea about that, if i did, I would have went with something different. But what ever. I don't feel like voting in this, so I'll see how it turns out.

Kingdrom: I just found this a very unique set. There's no Pokemon which comes even close to the high speed/HP ratio we have here. With that speed you can easily come in and set up a lightscreen or reflect before you're hit, which is a great advantage.
X-Act: Many of these sets would be a pain to EV for as they are pretty balanced all around. Not the case with this one.

And regarding submissions that are very similar: I think Sunday did the right thing by removing them, because people who support one of the similar sets can vote for the other as its second. So the same set is essentially getting many more votes than it should. Having said that, this should have been looked into before the thread was posted, as it's unfair to the entrants to have their spread removed once it's already in.

1) Gothic Togekiss
2) X-Act

GT's spread is the most similar to my preferred spread and X-Act's spread is innovative so gets my secondary vote.

1) X-Act
2) Elevator Music

X-Act's spread is so close to what I had in mind that, as soon as I saw his idea, I just decided not to make a spread and instead support his. The key here is maintaining a good bulkyness while having a low HP, so 252 EVs are free to put in the offensive stats. What X-Act said in his reasoning, really.

Elevator Music's is like a """watered down""" version of X-Act's, with more speed. Of course it's unique in its own way but I feel that it is halfway between the low HP and high HP spreads, not daring to go either way. But regardless of that, it IS a good spread, and easier to EV than most, so it goes rightfully second in my list.

1.X-ACT
I liked X-Acts because of the low HP, high defense idea which makes it much easier to EV. The speed seemed one of the more balanced out of the sets as well.

2. Flash_gearz
Once again, a very balanced speed stat, and usable defenses, this spread probably has the least chance of being broken.

1) Gothic Togekiss
2) Flash_Gears

I agree with both sets as being accurately defensive as well as fast, but not too fast. I believe both of these qualities are perfect for this utility Pokémon.

X-act

I feel his spraed, fits the neiche of the concept the most accuratley, I like the fact that its HP isn't massivley high, but his speed and defenses are very nice. he's obviously listened, and taken into account what it is we wanted in a pokemon.

OMGThatKid

I just liked the spread, seemed abit more diverse.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
1) Gothic Togekiss.
It is fast enough to outspeed a good number of pokemon without having to max speed, is quite bulky and has a not-too-bad attack (read: earthquake).
2) X-act
I don't really like the weird numbers, since it makes it harder to memorize, but I like the purpose of the set. Since you only need mostly to max HP, instead of def and spdef, you have more EVs and freedom to make the pokemon act the way you want it to, which is quite nice.

Elevator Music's is like a """watered down""" version of X-Act's, with more speed. Of course it's unique in its own way but I feel that it is halfway between the low HP and high HP spreads, not daring to go either way. But regardless of that, it IS a good spread, and easier to EV than most, so it goes rightfully second in my list.
Mine is fairly similar to X-Act's, although I trade in a tiny bit of attack power for some defense.

It's not that I didn't dare to go high or low, I just didn't feel the benefits of either were really that great. With high HP pokemon you have to spend more EVs to maximise their defensive power, but with low HP pokemon you have to really inflate the defenses to get the same tankiness, which makes it somewhat hard to get a good tankiness and decent attacking stats without people whining about the BST being too high.

That being said, I do like X-Act's low HP because of how convenient it is to EV and that it doesn't inflate the defenses that much. And the other entries are good as well, even with the higher than normal defenses combined with the 110+ speed.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
1. Elevator Music
I think EM got it right with this spread. Very bulky, very fast, with weak-but-usable attacking stats. But, he didn't go overboard in any particular area. This is pretty much what I envisioned all along for this pokemon.

2. X-Act
This spread was not an initial favorite of mine. However, X-Act's reasoning in the discussion thread won me over. Also, Time Mage made some convincing arguments as to why I should not be so worried about the perception created by spreads that exceed certain ingame trends. This spread is too good for me to fret over the BST. The BST is nowhere near the legendary level anyway.

To be honest, I like all the spreads. Great job by all the submitters! I'm not "into" stat spreads like some other people on the project. But I followed the stat discussion thread closely, and I appreciate all the hard work and attention-to-detail that is exemplified in these spreads. I had a very tough time deciding on just two favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)