CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 2 (Primary Typing Poll 2)

Which should be our Pokemon's primary type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted Poison because I feel that the best OU Poison-type is Gengar. 2 Poison-types (Tenta&Gar) is not enough.Plus the Poison type does so good against Grass, a type with attacks used by man OUs, but the Psy weakness is a down side. But maybe a side type of darkcould help that.

In order to be one of the best utility Pokemon, I think this one should definitely be in the Indeterminate egg group. Pokemon in that group have so many options for utility, like haze, hypnosis, mean look, and many others. Gengar is in that.

I voted electric, but I am beginning to feel sorry for that.

I am really disappointed normal didn't make it to this poll, as that's a really fun type to give utility moves to. Electric doesn't get any utility moves at all, except maybe something stupid like thunderwave, and poison only gets toxic spikes.

I still have absolutely no idea how a poison type will ever get something like gravity, trick room, things like that.

Voted POISON due to the lack of strong poison types out there. Gengar and Weezing are the only two that come to mind. Another cool pokemon like Stunky (and whatever his evolution is called) would be great.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I now want electric to win, just to prove that the early leaders on polls don't ALWAYS win in the end. I think there has been only one poll in the history of the CAP project where the leading vote-getter after a few hours of polling DID NOT win. It makes it very de-motivating for me to follow a poll after the first few hours. The underdog never comes back to win on the CAP project.

GO ELECTRIC!

It's a toss up for me. Both have their merits, both have their bad qualities I wouldn't mind either winning.

Here's hoping for more than just electric/poison or vice versa popping up as a good contender next round even though it's rather popular it doesn't mean there aren't any other type combos that can do as well.

I now want electric to win, just to prove that the early leaders on polls don't ALWAYS win in the end. I think there has been only one poll in the history of the CAP project where the leading vote-getter after a few hours of polling DID NOT win. It makes it very de-motivating for me to follow a poll after the first few hours. The underdog never comes back to win on the CAP project.

GO ELECTRIC!
Actually, Poison was behind initially. I remember I logged in earlier today and it was 54-46, with electric in the lead. So this is already disproving that mindset, and electric coming back will prove it even further. That would mean these two are in some sort of dead heat.

This poll has been very, very back and forth. When the poll first opened, it was 4-8 Electric. Later, Poison was in the lead. This morning, Electric was leading, and now Poison is leading again.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
When I checked the poll for the first time this morning, Electric was narrowly leading by around 5 or 6 votes.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I wonder how experienced the individuals supporting Poison are with the CaP metagame when they support Poison over Electric for a Utility type.

As a Utility type, this thing needs as few weaknesses as possible, already hindering Poison. But even worse off...it has a Psychic weakness! As anyone familiar with the CaP metagame will tell you, Pokemon such as Bronzong, Jirachi and Metagross are now running Psychic much more often simply to try and hurt the number 1 threat on this server, Revenankh.

Not just that, but thinking outside of the Utility box for a moment, Poison is one of the most limiting types in the game offensively! The Poison STAB is arguably one of the worst, while the Electric STAB is arguably one of the best. Not forgetting, of course, that the Electric typing would give this access to Charge Beam, effectively allowing for a non-gimmick attacking set.

Vote Electric!

I've also noticed a disturbing trend of posters who have registered within the last month and who have less than 10 posts voting (and voting Poison, not coincidentally)...while I am absolutely in favor of this being an open community project, I feel that you who have voted with such a limited experience in this community owe it to the project to do more than just vote with little no explanation.

I am, admittedly, a little sour that Electric might end up losing due to the massive influx of extraordinarily new individuals voting in a project they can barely begin to appreciate.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I am PMing everyone I know on every server I can find to get more Electric votes, so far I have got about 5 extra ones.

I think Electric really does deserve to win this, its a truly underrated type defensively and would be very interesting to work with artistically.

Please if you know anyone who may have not voted find them and get them to VOTE ELECTRIC!

The conversation about typing on Shoddy, and to some extent here has been similar to that of the Democratic Presidential Primaries. Today, both Clinton and Obama came together in order to unite their party, so I think we should "unite" to make this next CAP Pokemon a Poison/Electric. Here are some reasons as to why it should be both:

1. Poison absorbs Toxic Spikes. Nuff said.
2. Electric is a great stab that makes up for poison's rather poor stab. Poison is resisted by 4 types, and one is immune to it. It's super-effective on only grass. Electric, however, is super effective on two types, but...has about the same number resistant. At least Poison hits grass, one that resists electric. And an electric stab means this wont be stopped by Gyarados. Electric is invaluable as the majority of Pokemon are Water, 4 of those Waters being Water/Ground, while the rest take neutral or supereffective damage from it. Also, Flying is another ever-present type that's been paired with every other type. Electric gets that too.
3. Poison is under-represented in OU. Tentacruel and Gengar are the only 2 in OU, and the rest linger at BL or below.
4. Poison has many options to pass on through breeding for utility. Many Poisons are in the "Indeterminate" group, as well as other utility pokemon like Gardevoir. Being a Poison-type would, to a certain extent, bring about a diverse utility movepool being from (possibly) the Indeterminate Group.
5. Together, they sport 7 resistances, while having 2 weaknesses (one of which is a common one, 4x). I know people may suggest Steel as a possible secondary type to either, but I don't think that will cut it. We have a Steel/Electric in the form of Magnezone. Though Steel has a plethora of resistances and an immunity, it brings too much weakness. Steel is so plentiful in OU that everyone is bound to be packing a Fire or Fighting move on their team. Ground was a staple before Steels were so populous do to Earthquake having such consistently high damage. Most Steels are weak to Fire, which made Fire a more common type to choose.
6. Thunder Wave is guaranteed on an electric, right? So it can also stop sweepers.
7. A 4x Ground weakness is overrated. That could be the balancing act for this Pokemon, holding it back from being a potentially invincible creature (well, extremely powerful and hard to beat).
8. Electric is an under-represented type period. Not tier specific. But, in general. And how many other types is it paired up with? Water, Flying, Ghost, Steel..........itself...
9. Poison/Electric is just plain cool. I liked the idea before I did the logic.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
That is surely cheating eric.
Not exactly, I am promoting my idea. Those who believe more strongly will campaign for what they believe in and so make a greater difference. I am simply campaigning to those I know on shoddy not everyone at once on Smogon.

There is no rule against it and I always give the people links to the best arguments so they can make up their minds.

There's a difference between convincing and just telling someone to vote a certain way. From what I've heard, the latter is what's being done.

This is outrageous! eric the espeon is broadcasting in CAPITALS on the CAP server that everyone should vote electric, plus PMing everyone he knows to get them to vote electric too.

Maybe I'm just disgruntled cos I'm a lowly noob in comparison but surely this should be about what type people Want to choose rather than people who have nothing to do with the CAP project voting to support their friends?

If electric wins you better realise - it's already poisoned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)