CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 2 (Primary Typing Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4x weak never stopped Swampert, Magnezone, Heatran, or Dragonite. All of which can be played defensively.

I'm sure we could pull off Electric/Poison. I have a few ideas.

Electric

Poison

While this poll is for the primary type only, I would like people to begin to associate these two together in their minds so that there is a chance of the project actually producing an Electric/Poison. I agree with Sanjay120 - I would love to see the ideas for this from others as well.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Steel Steel is always nice on defensive Pokemon

Poison Removing Toxic Spikes is quite good on a pure utility pokemon :toast:

also, don't forget, this ISN'T going to be an attacking pokemon. it's gonna have great defences, and the ability to switch in, fire off something utility, and switch out. so 2 weakness, one 4x, isn't awful.

i don't totally hate the idea of an electric poison. but i'm also ok with just one or the other.

Why would you choose to compound the weakness with Electric? It's not like Electric adds anything to Poison in the way of resistances. Electric and Bug, now Theres a good type combo.

With Poison, you need a type that'll either cover the Ground or Psychic weakness or give it a whole load of resistances. Steel gets my vote.

Poison/Steel ftw!

Doh eric, I know every type has resistances! I just mean that electric doesn't cover any of poison's weaknesses or compound any of its resistances, the type combo just exacerbates the ground weakness that's all.

You could have Fire/Poison to do exactly the same but have a rarer and more valuable stab.

I'm not trying to say Fire/Poison would be good, just that it would suck less than Electric/Poison.

Steel/Poison would be the same as Electric/Poison in that it has 4x Ground weakness, but adds stealth rock resist and resists a whopping 10 other types. It also covers Poison's Psychic weakness.

If we're making a utility poke, don't waste a good offensive type on it i.e. Electric or Fire or w/e, give it the Best defensive type in the game! Steel!!!

electric/poison is a very decent defensive typing.

resistances- steel,electric,grass,bug,fighting,flying,poison

for two weakness both of which are extremely predictable.

1. Poison
Quite good defensively and automatically has a utility in absorbing toxic spikes

2. Ground
I oppose pairing poison with electric because I don't want to make ground the only viable attacking type against it. I also want the new pokemon to resist SR since it must switch a lot if it has no sweeping or tanking value. I oppose fighting because I don't want another flying weak CaP. I think steel could be a good type, but I still don't like the ground weak.

And 4x weak to the ubiquitous Earthquake (all ground moves)
Are you purposely sending in your Swampert into Grass Knots? Are you purposely sending in your Forry into Fire Blasts/Flamethrowers/Fire Punchs? If you answer no to both then I do believe you're overreacting to something that can be fix by with some prediction skills and/or an ability.

Electric and Poison would be such a great dual type. Many common resistances and the weakness's are extremely predictable. Give it say a Levitate ability and bam, one weakness. So awesome. =D

P.S: Not trying to step ahead by saying these things. Just letting it out.

Doh eric, I know every type has resistances! I just mean that electric doesn't cover any of poison's weaknesses or compound any of its resistances, the type combo just exacerbates the ground weakness that's all.

You could have Fire/Poison to do exactly the same but have a rarer and more valuable stab.

Electric is a great stab, and its part of the "boltbeam" combination. How is that not a good stab? Plus, this pokemon isn't meant to attack, but support. Having 7 resistances is good, especially considering fighting and electric are among them

I'm not trying to say Fire/Poison would be good, just that it would suck less than Electric/Poison.

Steel/Poison would be the same as Electric/Poison in that it has 4x Ground weakness, but adds stealth rock resist and resists a whopping 10 other types. It also covers Poison's Psychic weakness.

If we're making a utility poke, don't waste a good offensive type on it i.e. Electric or Fire or w/e, give it the Best defensive type in the game! Steel!!!
Electric/Poison won't suck at all. Fire/Poison wouldn't be quite as useful as Electric poison would. If this Pokemon wants resistances, Electric will do better than fire, as it only brings one weakness and 3 resistances. That's something poison's long time partner grass wishes it could do. And we know steel is the best defensive type. But steel also adds more weaknesses to poison than electric does. It takes away the handy fighting resistance for one. You don't have an electric resistance. Electric/Poison is way better than Fire/Poison will ever be in terms of defense. A defensive Fire-type? Since when? [Barring legendaries]

I'm surprised no one Has Mentioned the Electric/Ice defensive combo.

Resists Boltbeam,Flying and Gets STAB on Boltbeam itself.

Anyway, My Votes go to:

1.Electric

2.Steel

Reasons:There both good defensive types.There.

Electric and Poison would be such a great dual type. Many common resistances and the weakness's are extremely predictable. Give it say a Levitate ability and bam, one weakness. So awesome. =D

P.S: Not trying to step ahead by saying these things. Just letting it out.
That would mean he looses being able to sucks up Toxic Spikes. Gravity doesn't effect this before people ask.

Electric is a great stab, and its part of the "boltbeam" combination. How is that not a good stab? Plus, this pokemon isn't meant to attack, but support. Having 7 resistances is good, especially considering fighting and electric are among them
Part of the boltbeam combo means nothing if you don't have the other part >_>. I was simply saying that Fire is a better stab than Electric that's all. I am Not suggesting Fire/Poison as a good type combo.

And we know steel is the best defensive type. But steel also adds more weaknesses to poison than electric does. It takes away the handy fighting resistance for one. You don't have an electric resistance. Electric/Poison is way better than Fire/Poison will ever be in terms of defense. A defensive Fire-type? Since when? [Barring legendaries]
One weakness. Steel adds One weakness, Fire. Also adds 11 resistances and the all important Stealth Rock resist, which Electric doesnt have. Also resists Ghost attacks who will switch in to block Rapid Spin.

Rev will fare less well with this guy who can switch into a bulked up shadow sneak and Haze before he can Hammer Arm.

Not to mention the Important Ice and Dragon Resists.

Literally the only downside to Steel/Poison when compared to Electric/Poison is the Fire weakness, but surely that is a small price for the multiple benefits.

electric/poison is a very decent defensive typing.

resistances- steel,electric,grass,bug,fighting,flying,poison

for two weakness both of which are extremely predictable.
You do realise that exactly the same could be said about Poison/Steel except with more resistances inc immune to Poison and 4x resist to Bug and Grass. Plus the all important Stealth Rock resist.

Don't we have enough defensive Steels? You don't have to be a Steel type to be a good defensive Pokemon. Cradily, Celebi, Lugia, Cresselia, Swampert, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Blissey. Some of those have 4x weaks and are still great utility Pokemon. We can make Electric/Poison work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)